No one did

One plus One, Two plus Two

After watching around ten girlfriend roleplay ASMR videos, taking notes, and writing her own script, she thought she was ready. But good god, that was an awkward one to record. First of all, for some reason, the majority of those "girlfriend roleplay ASMR" she stumbled upon on Youtube were rather... not so romantic, so to say. But Chaewon found a few that were indeed well done, and they weren't that different from a normal whispering ASMR she used to do. But instead of whispering trigger words or positive affirmations for twenty minutes, she wrote down things like 'I missed you', 'I've been thinking about you', 'you look so lovely today'. How was she supposed to say those to the camera without cringing at herself?

Chaewon slapped her cheeks a couple of times and regained posture. It was just a video, and she was a professional. She just had to ask for the viewers’ day, comfort them, pretend she did a face massage, say cheesy things, put them to sleep, and she would be done.

So, after practicing a few times, she took in a deeper breath, turned the camera on, and started. But not even a minute would go by, and she had to stop, either because she wanted to laugh at how ridiculous she probably sounded, or she was too embarrassed. But she had promised she would do that video for Hyeju.

That's it.

Chaewon tried again. But this time, instead of just blurting the words she was supposed to say, she filled her mind with Hyeju. Her smile, her voice, her touch. As if she was doing that video for her and only her. As if she was actually whispering into Hyeju's ears and massaging her face.

And that worked like a charm. At a point, she even forgot the script she wrote earlier, because the words flowed from her lips. And in twenty minutes, she had the video ready, just in time when Jinsol knocked on her door to call her to have dinner.

"How was the recording?" Jinsol asked as she munched on her tteokbokki.

"G-Good."

Jinsol irked an eyebrow. "What's it gonna be, this week's video?"

"A girlfriend roleplay ASMR," Chaewon said with the most natural voice she could.

Jinsol almost spat her food. "A what now?"

Chaewon rolled her eyes and proceeded to explain the reason behind it.

"She really... she looked for that video, specifically," Jinsol repeated, baffles at her own words. "And now you're giving her one. That's an amazing move, Chaewon!"

"Do you think it means something?"

"That she wants you as her girlfriend? What else?"

"Jisu said the same."

"Because it's obvious! And you're having a sleepover with her tomorrow. Girl, you tell her!"

"Let me post the video first."

"She's gonna flip. I wonder what kind of things will go through her mind when she listens to it."

Chaewon's face started burning.

"You're thinking the same as me." Jinsol smirked at her.

"I-I'm not!"

"Your face is so red right now. It's okay, Chaewonie, it's normal to think about it and crave it. God, how I missed it, but now I have Hyunjinie and-"

"And I don't wanna hear about it." Chaewon raised a hand, stopping her right there. What she heard at night was enough already. But it didn't bother her. It made her a bit jealous, if anything.

Jinsol chuckled. "Sorry, sorry! Didn't mean to rub salt in your wound. Have tons of fun tomorrow, alright? And I will want to hear everything about it!"

"Wanna play Breath of the Wild?" Hyeju asked.

"Now?"

"We're supposed to meet with them at nine. We have more than an hour until then."

Chaewon shrugged. "Alright."

"Let me start the stream, then!" Hyeju reached forward toward her desk.

"Wait, stream? Out of nowhere?"

Hyeju stopped, looking at her with puppy eyes. "I didn't stream today. And then we're going to Ryujin's house."

Even if she wanted to tell her she preferred to play with her and enjoy their moment alone, she couldn't. "Go ahead, turn it on."

"Thank you, Chaewon! I think they'll enjoy a surprise stream with you."

And they did. Hyeju didn't warn that Chaewon would be there, and the surprise was all over the chat. Chaewon was getting too used to it already, to how nice the viewers were, to somehow being a part of Hyeju's streams.

The game was getting more and more fun as she progressed, slowly, but steady, always with Hyeju's help. And she didn't know if it was that fun to watch her play, or if people really enjoyed seeing them together, but even a surprise stream with no warning before hand granted Hyeju a hundred viewers. And to see that smile on her face, to earn her more subs and donations, Chaewon would play the whole game if she had to. Not that she would mind. Not one bit.

"It's past nine, already, and Ryujin didn't say anything. I'm gonna call her." Hyeju stood up.

Chaewon widened her eyes. "You'll leave me here alone?"

"You're not alone, not when all that people are watching you." Hyeju smiled. "It's just a quick phone call, I'm sure you won't miss me that much."

Hyeju left her room, and Chaewon's heart rate increased.

"Miss her? As if." Chaewon clicked her tongue, trying not to laugh. She peeked at the comments and read one out loud. "More like Hyeju will miss you if she takes too long to make that call. Right? Yeah, I think so too! Besides, I have y'all keeping me company, and Link, of course."

She hoped all that effort would mask how nervous she was at that moment. It was the first time Hyeju had left her alone in front of the camera, and it didn't feel right. Like something was missing. But not even a minute Hyeju took to come back.

"She said twenty more minutes. They're almost done."

"Then I need to get to that tower in these twenty minutes."

She couldn't. It was too packed with monsters, and even if she tried to avoid them and just run for her life, she still failed.

"Alright, everyone, we need to go now. Chaewon is gonna meet Ryujin!" Hyeju said, then turned to her. "You'll get to the tower on the next stream, alright?"

Hyeju was always counting on a next one. Did she really intend for Chaewon to play the whole game on her stream?

"Of course I will," Chaewon said, nonetheless.

They bid goodbye and Hyeju turned the stream off, but didn't get up from her chair. "Let's wait until Ryujin warns me they've arrived. By the way, is there gonna be a new video today?"

Chaewon gulped. "I know I always release them on Friday, but not this week. I'll release it tomorrow instead."

Hyeju irked an eyebrow. "Why?"

"I-It got delayed. You know, because I'm here now, and I had to study and all."

Hyeju sulked all of a sudden.

"What?"

"It's the second time you're here this week, I'm sure you pilled up because of it. I'm sorry."

"No!" Chaewon panicked, shaking her head. That wasn't even the real reason, and she made Hyeju feel bad. Good job, Chaewon. "No, I love being here and streaming with you! It's my fault if I don't organize my time. Don't worry, I don't have school work piled up."

"You sure? I may have two jobs, but the second my shifts are over, I don't have to worry about them. I can just enjoy my time. But you have classes, and probably tons of stuff to study and assignments and scripts to read and all. I didn't think about it. I don't wanna take too much of your time."

"Hyeju, I wouldn't come if I couldn't. There may be a time I'll say I can't because I really need to study or something, but it's not the case. You don't take too much of my time. I love being with you, and honestly, I wish you could take even more of my time."

The words had already left Chaewon's lips. But she did not regret it, and it didn't matter how embarrassed they made her feel. The look on Hyeju's face, the way her parted lips tried to find something to say paid off. And if she had a chance, she had to work for it, and not wait that it would fall from the sky.

"I love being with you too, Chaewon. And I love-"

Hyeju's phone started ringing. Grunting, she reached for it. "Yes?! Sorry, got startled. Okay, we're leaving now."

"They're here?"

"Yeah. Grab your things, let's go."

Hyeju dashed from her chair, reaching for her backpack and jacket hanging behind her door. They went down the stairs, bidding good night to Hyeju's parents in the living room, and left.

A black car was parked in front of the next house, with Ryujin and Jisu standing by it.

"Oh, you took Jisu for a ride, I see," Hyeju said as they approached them.

Chaewon exchanged a look with Jisu, and she sensed something. She irked an eyebrow at her, and Jisu avoided her eyes with a small smile.

"Yep, I did. How was my driving, Jisu?" Ryujin spun her car keys on her index finger.

"Smooth."

"See!" Ryujin punched Hyeju's bicep. "Hyeju thinks she'll die whenever I give her a ride somewhere."

"I bet that's just best friends’ bickering, right, Hyeju?" Jisu smiled at her.

"Hell no!" Hyeju frowned. "She loves to hit the accelerator, and then laugh in my face when I tell her to calm the down!"

Jisu's eyes jumped between them. "She didn't do that with me once."

"Of course, 'cuz you're Choi Jisu!" Hyeju rested her hands on her waist, eyeing her from head to toe. "Nice to meet you, by the way."

"Likewise, Hyeju."

"Hi, Chaewon," Ryujin bowed her head at her. "Nice to meet you. Thank you for making such nice videos."

Chaewon's heart fluttered, and she completely got what Jisu said all the time. Ryujin screamed cool, with her outfit and beanie and apparently, she even had a car? And she was so pretty, and was polite and kind and— "H-Hi, Ryujin. Nice to meet you too, after hearing your voice in Hyeju's streams for the past few months. And thank you for watching my videos, and for telling Hyeju about them."

"To be honest, I never expected this outcome from it, but I'm glad. Now, let's go inside? It's cold."

They followed Ryujin inside her house, and just like when she was about to enter Hyeju's house, paws and nails scratched the floor. But instead of a dog, like Chaewon expected, three cats walked between their legs.

"Oh my god, they're so cute!" Jisu squatted, holding her hands so they could smell her first. "Hi Dallie, Byullie, Sarang!"

"She even knows Ryujin's cat names?" Chaewon whispered to Hyeju. "And which is who?"

Hyeju bit her lip so she wouldn’t burst out laughing.

"Is Yuna home?" Jisu asked, petting all three cats at the same time.

"No, she's at Hyeju's."

"She is?" Hyeju asked.

Ryujin turned to her with an irked eyebrow. "Isn't she? She told me she would be with Yeojin."

"I didn't see her. We were in my room on stream, I didn't even know she would be going there."

"She's spending the night with your sister, you ." Ryujin shook her head.

"Yeojin didn't tell me! How was I supposed to know?"

"You literally live in the same house."

Chaewon bit back her laugh and Hyeju shrugged.

"How was the photoshoot?" Chaewon asked.

"Great." Jisu stood up, glancing at Ryujin. "She took a lot of amazing pictures, as always."

"And she did a great job as a model, as always." Ryujin nodded.

"Okay, we get it." Hyeju rolled her eyes. "What are we doing?"

"I was thinking of playing Mario Kart or watching a horror movie," Ryujin said.

"I told you I don't like horror movies!" Jisu pouted.

"Okay, we won't watch one, then. Let's just play."

"Gimme a minute then, I'll go grab my controllers." Hyeju aimed for the door.

Living right next door had those perks.

"I'm gonna change into my pajamas, feel at home, you two," Ryujin said, walking up the stairs. "If you wanna change as well, you can use the bathrooms."

"Yeah, I will too." Jisu followed her.

Chaewon squinted at her as she followed suit as well. She thought she would have an opportunity to ask Jisu what had happened, but either Jisu was doing it on purpose to avoid it, or perhaps nothing happened after all.

Getting themselves in their comfy pajamas, they headed downstairs, where Hyeju was already preparing the game, also in her pajamas. Did she change in her house and come back like this?

"We aren't playing with penalties and such, right? Because I at this game," Jisu said, sitting next to Ryujin.

"Oh, what a nice idea!" Ryujin chuckled.

Jisu dropped her chin. "No! I should have just shut my mouth."

"I'm joking, no penalties." Ryujin not so subtly rested a hand on Jisu's leg, giving it a little squeeze before properly holding her controller.

Chaewon exchanged a look with Hyeju, sitting on her side, mentally asking if she knew something. Hyeju shook her head and focused on the tv.

Chaewon already knew how bad Jisu was, from when they played one time in her house with Hyunjin and the others. It didn't make it any less funny to watch, though. She wasn't doing so well, either. She had won against Hyeju once, but Ryujin could be even better, and those two were constantly battling for the first place. Nonetheless, they were having fun, even Jisu, laughing each time she fell down the track or got hit with something.

"Let's play something else," Ryujin said when the race was over. "Something that is not videogames. Since we're here to know each other, let's play never have I ever."

"I'm not drinking tonight, I have work tomorrow in the morning, Ryujin," Hyeju said.

"I didn't say it would be with alcohol." Ryujin clicked her tongue. "I don't feel like drinking either. Let's just ask random questions and share stuff."

What could go wrong? With a pair of best friends interested in another pair of best friends. "I'm in," Chaewon said.

"Me too." Jisu raised her hand.

Hyeju dropped to the floor and pushed the coffee table aside, creating space for them to sit, while Ryujin grabbed the pillows from the couches and laid them around. Chaewon joined the circle, with Jisu at her right, Hyeju at her left, and Ryujin in front of her. With a few clicks of Ryujin's phone, the room lightning changed from the previous bright yellow light to a dim blue, creating a completely different atmosphere. They looked at each other, waiting for someone to start.

"Are we all trying to think of stuff to say?" Hyeju said, eyeing them.

"Never have I ever faked my parents’ signature," Ryujin suddenly said, raising a hand herself.

Chaewon and Jisu both raised a hand too, but Hyeju just glared at Ryujin.

"You did?" Chaewon asked. "Why?"

"I was a kid! I had an awful school report, and I didn't want to show it to my mom... so I faked it."

Jisu snorted a laugh. "Sorry, that's funny. Were you caught?"

"Not immediately, but my teacher then grew suspicious and confronted me. My mom was so mad at me. I never did it again. Okay, my turn then, miss Shin Ryujin." Hyeju bore holes through her best friend with her eyes. "Never have I ever pierced my ear without my parents knowing and got beaten for it."

Chaewon and Jisu gasped, but raised a hand still. Hyeju raised hers too, and Ryujin shook her head at her.

"Yeah, that happened. My mom freaked out when she saw it and hit me." Ryujin shrugged. "Didn't stop me from getting my eyebrow one."

"What was her reaction?" Chaewon asked.

"I had done three more in my ears, she just looked at it, sighed, and shook her head." Ryujin chuckled.

"And you're still considering doing the septum one," Jisu said.

"Yeah. Do you guys like it?"

"Oh, it's fake?" Chaewon reached forward to take a better look.

Ryujin pinched it with her fingers and it came out. "Yep. But maybe I'll do one."

"I love it." Jisu stared at her with hearty eyes. Hyeju and Chaewon agreed with it too. "Okay, I have one! Never have I ever wanted to make a piercing on the s," she said, raising her hand.

Chaewon raised hers too, but Hyeju and Ryujin exchanged a look.

"Nah, I wouldn't." Hyeju raised her hand.

But Ryujin didn't. "I would. Maybe one day I really will."

Chaewon tried not to laugh, but she couldn't fully hold it after peeking at Jisu and seeing the girl gulping.

"And where don't you want a piercing..." Hyeju laughed.

"On my , thank you very much."

The girls burst out laughing so hard they could barely keep their sitting position.

"Okay, not even I was expecting that," Hyeju said. "But now we know that Shin Ryujin doesn't want a piercing on her woman parts. We couldn't live without that dramatic information."

"I just answered your question! Why are you so shocked?"

"I'm not, it was just funny! Okay, proceed with the game. Chaewon, your turn."

"Hm... Oh, I know. Never have I ever mistook someone on the streets and waved at them."

But this time, none raised their hands.

"Good to know this happens to everyone." Jisu sighed. "It's so awkward."

"I just used the 'pretend you're fixing your hair' trick. Works every time," Ryujin said.

"Okay, but what about actually going to that person and trying to talk to them, just for them to turn and be someone else?" Hyeju elevated the question, raising her own hand.

Chaewon and Jisu wondered for a bit, trying to remember if it actually happened.

"No, I don't think so." Jisu raised hers.

"I'm not sure, so I won't raise mine," Chaewon said.

"I really won't because I remember that perfectly," Ryujin said. "I swear, that girl looked exactly like Chaeryeong. I got to her, smacked her shoulder, and the girl turned like 'what the , who the are you?!'. It was so ing embarrassing."

"If you used your damn glasses, that wouldn't happen." Hyeju shook her head.

"I do use them! And you're one to talk, miss never uses hers."

Chaewon frowned. "You need glasses?"

"See, she doesn't even know!" Ryujin pointed at her.

"Y-Yeah, I kinda have bad eyesight. But I don't like using them, and I lose them so often that I just gave up."

"Get contact lenses, then! How do you have bad eyesight and still play so much?" Chaewon frowned even harder, wanting to smack her head. "That's just gonna worsen it!"

Hyeju rolled her eyes. "Never have I ever skipped classes just for the sake of it."

This time, the four of them raised their hands.

"I hope feeling like counts as a reason to skip," Ryujin said.

"If you weren't feeling bad, you didn't skip just because you wanted to, so, yeah," Jisu said.

"Good. Never have I ever pretended to laugh at a joke I didn't get."

They shared looks, but no one raised a hand.

"Good to also know I wasn't the only one," Chaewon said.

"She's really slow," Jisu said, blocking her lips from Chaewon's sight. "Never have I ever broke a bone."

Jisu, Chaewon, and Hyeju raised hers, but Ryujin didn't.

"She didn't just break one, that's for sure," Hyeju said, sighing at Ryujin.

Chaewon widened her eyes. "Why? What happened?"

"She was deranged, that's what happened!"

"I was a wild kid," Ryujin said. "I would climb trees, jump from high places just because I thought I could, stuff like that. So, I got hurt quite often. Hyeju would tell me, ‘Ryujin, don't do that, you'll get hurt.’ And I still did it, got hurt, and Hyeju would run to check on me while saying-"

"I told you," Hyeju finished.

"What did you even break?" Jisu asked.

"My arm when I was six, and there was this time I jumped out of my window to try and climb down the tree in the back of the house, but I fell and hit with my head."

"Sometimes I wonder how is she still alive," Hyeju said. "and I'm not joking. She was literally crazy."

"We were happy kids. I was the crazy one, Hyeju the calm one, trying to put some sense in my head, but I never listened. I do listen now." Ryujin smiled at her.

"Yeah, she does." Hyeju smiled back.

Chaewon melted at them. Two neighbors who grew up together, and are still the best of friends. Their friendship was so raw and pure Chaewon couldn't help but grin at them.

It was her turn now in the game, and there was this question she really wanted to make. They would probably all raise their hands, but she still risked it. "Never have I ever kissed someone among the four of us."

She raised her own, glancing at Jisu, and the following silence spoke for them. Jisu looked back at her, eyes big on her face. Hyeju stopped breathing, staring at Ryujin, who glanced between her and Jisu. Chaewon waited for them to raise their hands too, but...

No one did.

---

A/N: I legit LOVE THE WAY THIS CHAPTER ENDS LMAO SDGJBSADIUGABSDGIUBS

Twitter - @itzloonatic
CuriousCat - curiouscat.me/itzloonatic