An amazing setting

One plus One, Two plus Two

"What kind of clothes should I wear?" Jisu asked, standing in front of the mirror, alternating between a fluffy pink blouse and a grey sweatshirt in front of her.

"You called me to ask that?" Ryujin said, her voice on the speaker.

"Of course! You're taking pics of me, I need to look pretty."

"Doesn't really matter what you wear, then."

Jisu beamed with the compliment. "What's the concept for tonight's pics?"

"No concept in specific."

"But isn’t your assignment about feelings and all?"

"I'll just take the pics and they'll tell you the feeling themselves."

"Wow, so poetic."

Ryujin chuckled. "Dress something simple. Like you were going out to have a coffee with a friend. What would you wear for that?"

"Depends on the friend."

Jisu could hear her sigh over the line, and she laughed.

"Okay, what if the theme was something like, simple things in life? Does that help with your clothes?" Ryujin said.

Jisu eyed the grew sweatshirt, then remembered how Ryujin's beanie was now hers.

"Actually yes, that helps! Thanks, Ryujin. I'm gonna go get ready, then. Where should I meet you?"

"I'll come to pick you up."

Jisu irked an eyebrow. "What do you mean you'll pick me up?"

"Are you ready in thirty?" Ryujin asked instead.

"Yeah, that's enough."

"Okay, I'll see you there."

"Wait, Ryujin!" Jisu reached for her phone on top of the toiler, but the call was over.

Jisu stared at the phone in her hand, blinking in confusion. Maybe she just meant she was gonna be there and then they would walk together to the location, which Jisu still didn't know as well. Ryujin was keeping everything a secret.

But now that she knew what to wear, she rushed, so she still had time to munch on something before Ryujin was there. She checked the mirror again, eyeing herself from her comfy Adidas on her feet, the tight black jeans, grey sweatshirt, a long plaid jacket, and Ryujin's, well, her beanie in her head.

Her phone rang.

[Ryujin]
I'm here.

Jisu's heart went wild with anticipation. She grabbed her bag with everything she needed for the sleepover right next, double checked if she didn't forget anything, and left, rushing down the stairs. Opening the door of her building, she expected to see Ryujin standing there, or on the sidewalk. But instead, a black car was stopped on the road, right in front of her. And no, her eyes did not deceive her, when she noticed Ryujin in the driver's seat, window rolled down and her elbow out. Her chin almost reached the ground, and she took slow steps towards it, just in case she was, indeed, dreaming. But then Ryujin turned her head at her, and with a smile, she opened the door and got up.

"Hey, Jisu."

"You... is this your car?" Jisu observed it from closer now, recognizing the iconic Mini Cooper.

"Yeah. My parents gifted me when I broke the news that I got into the college I wanted."

"And aren't you bragging right now, miss Shin Ryujin with a brand new Mini Cooper?" Jisu faced her, and her chin dropped when she noticed something different on her face. She approached to take a closer look. "I-Is that a septum piercing?!"

Ryujin chuckled. "It's fake. But I'm using it so I know if I like it or not, and then, maybe, I'll consider doing one. And if I was one to brag, you would know I had a car by now." Ryujin crossed her arms.

Jisu kept staring at it, at the thin ring close to her septum, and her eyes averted to the one in her eyebrow. "I-I'm joking. I didn't even know you could drive. That's so cool. Can you really become any cooler?"

"I think I've reached my peak now."

Jisu laughed, an attempt to not show how her insides trembled. She thought Ryujin had reached her peak of coolness tons of times before, and yet, she kept raising the bar. Ryujin wore a flannel black and white shirt underneath her favorite jacket, combat boots, and a thick ring sat on her ear where she usually had a simple silver pearl.

"Get inside," Ryujin said, stealing the bag from her hands to drop it in the trunk. "Love the beanie, by the way."

Yes, she did wink as she sat on the driver's seat. Yes, Jisu was about to pass out as she got in the passenger's seat.

"Where are we going?" Jisu asked, looking around at the interior of the car.

"You'll see." Ryujin turned the engine on and drove away.

Jisu threw her a side glance, catching on the smile on Ryujin's lips. She kept staring, observing how she drove and was so pretty Jisu was about to cry.

"Excited for the sleepover?" Ryujin broke the silence.

"Super. I'm finally meeting Hyeju."

Ryujin glanced at her. "Is that why you're excited?"

Jisu snorted a laugh. "Of course! Meeting Hyeju, the cool, pretty streamer? A dream coming true."

"That's Chaewon's line, not yours." Ryujin frowned.

Jisu eyed her with amusement, the corner of her lips raised. She reached forward, pushing Ryujin's hair behind her ear and letting her hand rest on the back of her neck. "You know I don't have a problem admitting I'm excited to spend a night in your house. With you."

Ryujin's eyes went huge for a second, and a loud gulp echoed in the following silence.

"You provoked it," Jisu added, lightly scratching the roots of her hair before retracting her hand. "Don't want to distract your driving. Focus on the road."

"T-Thanks." Ryujin let out a shaky breath. "I'm excited for it too. To finally meet Chaewon, and for the four of us to be together. We'll have tons of fun."

"What are we gonna do? Watch a movie, play something?"

"Both are good options. I thought we could play Mario Kart or some other party game that's not necessarily on the Switch."

"Yeah, because I just know I'll lose big time."

"Then we are absolutely playing Mario Kart."

Jisu dropped her chin, whining, and Ryujin laughed, glancing at her for a second.

"Or do you prefer to watch a horror movie?" Ryujin said.

"Oh, please no. I hate those."

"Then we are absolutely watching one."

"Okay, now you're just doing it on purpose."

Ryujin laughed harder, making her cute dimples appear on her cheeks. Those weren't your ordinary dimples. They were little straight lines, like cat whiskers. Jisu fell silent, observing her once again, wondering how the coolest girl she had ever met could simultaneously be the cutest.

"We're arriving, I just need to find a spot to park."

Luckily, someone just left a restaurant on that street, so a free spot for Ryujin to park her car. Jisu hopped off, looking around, but she didn't recognize where they were. Ryujin grabbed her camera case from the back seat and locked her car.

"Follow me."

They walked side by side on the sidewalk, along a tall wall, until they reached a big entrance to what seemed like a park. Jisu followed her inside, the street lamps illuminating the stone pathway. A couple minutes after, Jisu knew she recognized the place from somewhere. She looked around. The stone path, the stone wall on the left side, the grass and trees on the other side, Seoul Tower almost at their side. Then, it clicked.

"Oh my god, this place!"

"Pretty, right?" Ryujin looked back at her.

"Yeah, and I knew I recognized it. A scene I love from a drama happens here!"

Ryujin's lips parted. "Are you perhaps talking about... Itaewon Class?"

"Yes!" Jisu nodded. "You watched it as well?"

"You joking, it's my fav drama. I love this place, and it's perfect for the pics I wanna take. The moon is up in the sky, we're not in the middle of buildings, and we have the city lights."

Jisu looked up, to the big and bright full moon.

"When do we start?" Jisu asked, eagerness all over.

"Whenever you want."

"Where should I stand? What should I do?"

Ryujin observed the surroundings, her eyes like camera lenses. "Stand over there, your back facing me."

Jisu did as told, taking a few steps ahead and standing in the middle of the stone pathway, with the wall at her left side.

"Look up at the moon," Ryujin said, and she complied with every request. "Put your hands in your pockets. Relax your shoulders. Perfect, stay like that."

Even with the cars driving on the main road just on the other side of the wall, the click of Ryujin's camera echoed in the surroundings. Jisu stayed as still as she could, taking the moment to marvel at the beauty of the full moon. She could only imagine how pretty those pictures would turn, and even so, she knew she would get amazed at how much prettier they would really be.

"Jisu," Ryujin called. "look at me."

Something stirred inside Jisu. She didn't know if it was the way Ryujin talked, so sweet and inviting, alongside her deep voice tone, or the choice of words. But her knuckles balled inside her pockets, and contracted with the hard gulp. But being the professional she was, she regained her posture, and slightly turned her body back, her eyes looking straight at her camera lenses, below her eyesight, as Ryujin kneeled. Clicks and more clicks of the camera.

"Hm..." Ryujin peeked a look at the pics she took. "They can be better. Let's try like this, face ahead again, and turn each time I call you."

"Okay." Jisu stood straight again, waiting for the call.

"Jisu."

She turned, her eyes finding the camera with ease, as her hand instinctively reached to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

"That was great! Again."

Jisu waited for the call again, thinking about what kind of expression she should make for the next one. Ryujin's call came, and as she turned, the camera was much closer, at her eye level now. Ryujin nodded at her camera and met Jisu's eyes. She approached her, letting the camera hang around her neck, her slightly taller frame and serious face making Jisu's knees tremble. She reached for her head and stopped.

"Can I take your beanie out?"

Jisu gulped, her vocal cords betraying her. She nodded instead, and Ryujin carefully removed it from Jisu's head, fixing her hair. Her hands worked in such a caring way, as if Ryujin was combing the most precious hair of the most expensive porcelain doll to ever exist. There were even porcelain dolls with hair? Didn't matter. That was how Jisu felt at that moment.

Before Ryujin could go back to her place, Jisu stole her beanie from Ryujin's hand and put it on her, just like it used to be. That specific beanie really had a special effect on Ryujin. The special touch that sent Jisu's heart on a rampage.

"Back to its origins." Jisu smiled, taking in the fact that Ryujin was that close, and she couldn't help but stare down for a couple of seconds. Images flashed on her mind, making her take a small step back. "L-Let's continue?"

Ryujin nodded and went back to her place. "Don't turn around. Stay like that, turned to me, but look somewhere else, not at the camera."

Complying, Jisu relaxed her shoulders, supported her weight more on one leg, and stuck her hands in her pockets again. She looked aside, biting on her tongue as the same images filled her mind. Images from a different scenario. One where Ryujin hadn't stormed away.

"Do something with your hair," Ryujin said, bringing her back from the depths of her imagination.

Jisu pushed her hair back, making it dance around her face with the help of the light, cold breeze. But the sound of the camera shutter didn't come. She eyed Ryujin, down on one knee again, and she rushed to hold the camera in front of her face, clearing .

"Sorry, got distracted. Can you do that again?"

Repeating it, Jisu tried her hardest to look as pretty as she could be, channeling all her inner rookie model.

"How will I choose just a couple of pics from all of these?" Ryujin mumbled.

"Don't choose just a couple, then. Is there a limit of photographs you can submit for your assignment?"

"Not really."

"Then, there you go."

"It's just that they're so pretty. Like, stunningly beautiful."

"Of course, you took them."

"Of course, you're the model."

In absence of an answer, Jisu spun on her heels. "Should we try this again?"

"Okay, let me adjust the angle."

A pause, steps approaching in the stone ground. Jisu's heart beat faster with anticipation as she waited for the call.

"Jisu."

Ryujin's voice seemed so much closer than before, and for a second, Jisu thought she was dreaming. She spun around to realize she wasn't. A quiet yelp escaped , for Ryujin was right there, in front of her again, even closer than the last time. Her cold hand rested on Jisu's scorching neck, the contrast sending a thunderbolt of goosebumps all along her back.

"You said I didn't have to stop myself," Ryujin said, her tone the most serious Jisu had ever heard from her. "And I'm glad I don't have to, because I just can't."

Jisu's heart hammered in her chest in a way she didn't remember before. She looked down again, staring at Ryujin's lips in a thin line, gulping and running her tongue along her own dry ones.

"Don't, then," Jisu whispered.

She held on Ryujin's shoulders just before her knees could crumble down, because Ryujin didn't waste even a second. Jisu closed her eyes as Ryujin's lips touched hers, and it didn't matter how many times Jisu daydreamed about that moment, about what could have happened if Ryujin hadn't left the last time, because she still would never realize how overwhelming kissing her would feel.

A hand s to the back of Ryujin's neck, and tip toeing, Jisu deepened the kiss. Ryujin's lips tasted like cherry as they moved against Jisu's, and she inhaled sharply, gripping Ryujin's jacket for dear sanity.

Ryujin pulled away, her chest rising with each deep breath.

"I-I'm sorry, this was very sudden, but you really had to be this beautiful." Ryujin stared at her face, caressing her cheek with her thumb.

"Were you having a hard time taking my pics?" Jisu smirked.

Ryujin sighed. "You have no idea."

Just like before, Jisu scratched the roots of her hair, underneath the beanie on her head. "I didn't expect this so soon. What changed so fast?"

"The talk I had with you. And the sense Hyeju put in my head. She told me, 'if you like her, if you want to be with her, just go for it’. Then she asked me, 'what would you regret more? Trying and risking, even if it didn't go well? Or not even trying, and living with the regret about what could have happened?' That really put the whole thing in a different perspective."

Jisu stared at her in awe, lips apart, and without a possible answer.

"Yes, Jisu, I want to be with you." Ryujin stared her back dead in the eyes. "Yes, I would regret so much more not trying and possibly losing the opportunity, when you're right here, and when you've reassured me so much. There hasn't been anyone who made me feel this way since my ex, and I honestly didn't think there could be. Who knows if I'll get hurt? Who knows if you'll get hurt, who knows if I would get hurt even without this happening? I can't predict the future. But I don't wanna live in fear, wondering about the what ifs."

Sudden tears fogged Jisu's eyes. She closed them and approached to kiss Ryujin again, hugging her right next, burying her face in her neck.

"Ryujinie, I... God, I'm falling so hard for you."

Sniffing, the same scent of berries embraced her soul, just as Ryujin's arms embraced her smaller body against her.

"I am too. And even if I wanted it to stop, I can't make it stop. So, I'm just letting myself be, and the feelings to grow."

Jisu grinned against her neck, squeezing her body. Ryujin's phone rang from her pocket, interrupting the moment.

"Imma kill whoever it is." Ryujin huffed, reaching for it. Jisu didn't let go, though. "Hey, Hyeju. Yeah, we're almost done here. I don't know, twenty more minutes? I'll tell you when we arrive. It's not like you take long to get to my house. You having fun with Chaewon?" Jisu giggled with the obvious teasing tone. "Yeah, we are having a lot of fun. Sure, sure, see you soon."

"You still gonna kill Hyeju?"

"Nah, you're still clinging, so I'm fine. We should finish, though. I still want to take a few more pictures."

"Okay. But I need another kiss first."

Ryujin pressed her lips against Jisu's.

"One more."

Probably figuring out that Jisu would say that again, Ryujin kissed her again and again and again, turning Jisu into a giggling mess.

"Is this enough?" Ryujin asked.

"For now, yes. Let's focus on the pictures. What should I do now?"

"Stand in front of the wall."

Complying with the photographer's instructions, they wrapped up their session with a few more poses and pictures.

"How many pictures did you take?" Jisu asked as they made their way back to Ryujin's car.

"Around a hundred?"

Jisu widened her eyes. "A hundred?! How are you gonna choose between those?"

Ryujin shrugged. "I'm pretty sure I could use a random generator to choose for me, and it would still pick amazing pics. You did a great job."

"You should give yourself more credit, you know that? Even if I was the most beautiful person in the whole world, what would be the use if the photographer wasn’t good?"

"But you are."

Jisu glanced at her, at the proud smile on her lips, and failed to contain a shy grin. "Are you really always this romantic?"

"I can stop if you want."

"I don't. And I'm not complaining. I just need to know so I'm always prepared."

"Then yes, always be prepared. Just like I always am, because you're just the same with me."

"You're so sweet, Ryujin."

"Call me what you called me before."

"Ryujinie?"

She faced the other side, but Jisu still caught on the giant grin. A hand grasped Jisu's as they walked, and she assumed that was her way of answering.

In silence they went, and Jisu remembered Chaewon's words all of a sudden.

An amazing setting for a first kiss.

Jisu squeezed Ryujin's hand in hers, just to make sure all of that was real, and not just a wonderful dream she was about to wake up from. But when Ryujin intertwined their fingers together, she knew it had been as real as she would always remember it to be.

---

A/N: Inhales… AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Funny story: when I was about to write this chapter, I asked my bff which car would Ryujin drive? and then I answered myself like, she would totally drive a Mini Cooper… so I wrote the chapter. A few weeks later, Ryujin’s vlog where she drives a Mini Cooper dropped and I was legit SHOCKED LMAO, and of course she would look THE ING COOLEST while driving it……

More fluff and comedy for the next chapter!!! GET READY!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter - @itzloonatic
CuriousCat - curiouscat.me/itzloonatic