016

Finish Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]16[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Confirmed[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Baekhyun was sitting in the hospital hallway with Ryujin's cap in his hands. He held it close to his nose and smelled her scent. "Ryu..."

"It will be all right, buddy..." Jongdae patted his shoulder.

"What if something happens to her? What if she's injured? What would I do then?" He covered his face with her cap.

"She'll be ok, Baekhyun hyung..." Sehun stood up when he saw Lisa walking out of the room alongside the doctor. "Doc!" 

They all rushed to them. "How is Ryujin?" Suzy asked.

"Well, she is all right and has a stable condition, just unconscious," The doctor put her hands in her pockets.

"Thank Goodness," Baekhyun breathed a sigh of relief. 

"But unfortunately..."

"What is it?" He asked.

"She lost the baby... it was miscarried before arriving to the hospital." 

"What?" He let go of the cap in his hand. He felt numb. The baby was made without any plans and the pregnancy was unwanted, but still he felt like he had lost something really precious.

"Was she pregnant?" Suzy asked in confusion, looking at the racer.

"Lisa?" Sehun raised an eyebrow as he gave her an angry look.

"You didn't know?" The doctor asked.

"He knew. Ryujin Jung is his girlfriend," Jongdae put a hand on the now crying man's shoulder. "Some of us knew too."

"Anyway," She sighed. "I'm really sorry, Mister." The woman walked closer and patted Baekhyun's arm. "It's ok, you are still young, so you two surely have enough time to make healthy babies..." She paused. "You have to be strong, miscarriage is always heartbreaking for women. I've seen this more than a hundred times before. In these moments, the most comforting person for her is you..." She walked away.

■■■

Baekhyun was sitting on a chair next to Ryujin's bed. For people in the team, that was like a déjà vu. The only difference was the person lying on the bed and sitting on the chair. 

Irene sighed and walked out, tired of the sad scene in front of her. Suzy and Johnny followed her silently. "You can all leave, or you'll miss the flight. Don't wait for me. I'm staying. I will come with her after her discharge from the hospital."

"Baekhyun... the race is going to be held in a week, you got to get ready."

"I said leave us alone, Mr. Anderson!" He shouted.

"Shhh... ok, ok. We are leaving, right Mr. Anderson?" Sehun led him out and gestured to his girlfriend to leave. 

"Aren't you going to fly to Singapore with others, Jongdae?"

"Give me a good reason that I should leave my best friend alone in this situation."

He smiled thinly. "What would I do without you, Dae?"

He chuckled and rubbed his nape. "I've experienced this too."

"Yeah, I can remember..."

"Just... don't let her find out on her own," He pressed his lips together, remembering the sad memories. "It will just destroy her more, believe me."

"I won't, thank you for the advice," He mumbled and looked at his girlfriend. "I never thought I'd fall for a girl again..." He caressed her arm. 

"What made you fall then?" Jongdae asked. "Is Ryujin special?"

"Sure she is," The racer smiled. "It's not about her face, hairstyle or voice... it's Ryujin herself. She is..." He thought for some seconds. "She is... I can't explain."

The assistant nodded. "So that is definitely love." 

"Yeah, definitely love," Baekhyun turned to him. "I just love her because she is Jung Ryujin." 

"Baekhyun..." She mumbled. 

He stood up as soon as he heard her voice. "Yes? Yes babe?" He cupped her cheek. "Are you ok? Aren't you in pain?"

"I... will be waiting outside," Jongdae left them alone.

"I'm fine..." Ryujin mumbled. "Just... where am I?"

"We are in a hospital in Mexico City," Baekhyun said. "You were unconscious till now."

"Aha, I remembered..." She touched her head and closed her eyes. "That man attacked me..."

"Yeah, he is put behind bars."

She nodded, but opened her eyes all of a sudden. "He kicked me in stomach!" She said. "My... my baby!" She touched her belly. "The baby is doing well, right Baekhyun?"

"Uh..." He didn't know how to say it. Jongdae said he had to inform her himself, but it wasn't that easy. He took a juice bottle to distract her, as if she was a kid. "I've bought your favorite juice. I asked Lisa. I didn't know you like apple juice."

"I asked you a question, Byun Baekhyun."

He paused and put the glass next to the juice bottle. "Look, Ryu... we can try again later, huh? When we are both ready..." He didn't know what he just said exactly.

"What do you mean?" She tried to sat up, so he helped her to do so.

"After marriage, I mean... if you ever agree to marry me, we can try a hundred times! Even more..."

"Your words don't make sense-" She stopped speaking when the reality hit her. "Don't tell me that..." 

"Yeah," He lowered his head. "That happened," He knew he ed up.

"I lost my baby?" Ryujin whispered. "I guessed right?" Her lips started trembling as her eyes got tearful. "Oh no..." She covered . "No, no, no... it's, it's my bad..." She started crying.

"No, it's not, it's not..." He hugged her. "It's not your bad. It's no one's bad, babe." 

"It is..." She cried louder. "I shouldn't have messed with that man! Not when I am pregnant! Damn it!"

"No, Ryu... keep calm," He whispered in her ear. "Please, Ryujin... please."

"It's my bad..." She whined. "I'm such a bad mother..." She shouted. "I'm a horrible mother!"

■■■

"I've asked for a new room, you two can stay together," Jongdae said as he took his suitcase. "Call me if you needed anything."

"Ok, thank you," Baekhyun whispered. "Uh, wait..." He walked to him. "The media knows about her pregnancy and miscarriage?"

"No. I asked Suzy to tell them that a man has hit her and she can't take part in Singapore Grand Prix due to injuries caused by him," He replied. "Take care of her."

"I will. Good night," He closed the door and walked to his girlfriend. "So... how is my girl?" He sat next to her. "Huh?"

She didn't answer and lay on the bed. "I want to sleep."

"Ok... I'll take a shower and join you," He kissed her temple. "Good night, baby."

 

After taking a shower, Baekhyun turned off the tap just to hear his girlfriend's crying. He peeked out and saw the baby shoes in her hands as she cried loudly. "Ryujin..." He whispered as tears rolled down his face. He wiped his eyes and walked to her after wearing his bathrobe. "Ryu...."

"Uh..." She raised her head and wiped her tears away. She hid the shoes behind her back immediately. "I... I couldn't sleep."

"Don't cry like this..." He sat next to her. "Stop it."

"How can I stop when I am the one to blame on?" She sobbed.

"Oh, my love..." He pulled her to himself. "First, none of this is your bad and... second, your tears won't give us our baby back-" Her crying got louder. "Honey... I didn't mean that I want it back. I... yes," He sighed. "If I ever could turn the time back, I wouldn't let it happen. I was happy and excited because I was becoming a father, but... I don't care about it as it is gone now."

She looked up at him. "Baekhyun..."

"I still have precious people to focus on and the most important one... is you," He caressed her cheek. "Ryujin, I want you to be happy and laugh for me. You are the one I love, so why should you cry over something that doesn't exist anymore?" He asked. "Yes. I loved that baby too, but it is gone. You and me are still here. As long as you and I are together... it will be all right, huh? We can make another baby. How is that? Not one, but two or three. How many do you want?"

She chuckled as she broke into tears again. "Baekhyun..."

"Four? Five? We can even have ten kids!"

"Are you crazy? What about me?" She asked, sobbing and rubbing her wet face. "I will be the one going through labor pain..."

He smiled. "I'll be there with you in every delivery, you can take my hand and squeeze it as hard as you can. You can even break it."

"Baekhyun..." She hugged him again, smelling his body shampoo. "I feel really bad."

"Me too, Ryu... I just..." He pressed his lips together. "We have to handle this together, right?"

"I'm happy to have you," Her tears fell on his bathrobe's collar. "I have no idea how my world would be without you. It's like... it's like I've forgotten how my life was like before you stepping in."

"My lovely Ryujin," He pulled away and cupped her face, wiping her tears with his thumbs. "How can you be this pretty?"

She blushed. "Baekhyun..."

"May I kiss you?"

Ryujin avoided his eyes. "Can we... not do it now? I'm not in the mood for it." 

"Uh..." Baekhyun lowered his gaze. "Um..." He was searching. He was trying hard to find something, since he didn't expect her to turn him down. He looked in to her eyes. "What does Ryujin mean?"

"Huh? Dragon God?"

He shook his head and pushed her back to fall. "R... stands for robber," He said as he topped her.

"Robber? What do you mean? Watch your mouth!" She rolled her wet eyes. 

"Ryujin the girl who stole Byun Baekhyun's heart."

"Oh..." She smirked. "I liked it," She turned to him. "Ok, continue... what does Baekhyun mean then?"

"Um..." His brain was full of options, but he wanted to choose the funniest one. "Bacon," He whispered in her ear. "Your delicious bacon." 

She giggled quietly. "Silly, why should you be bacon?!" She mumbled. "But I love it. It's delicious..."

"That's right," He her earlobe.

"Ah..." She rubbed her ear and sat up, making him move aside too. She took her phone. "I know what to name you now..." 

He looked at her phone screen. "Boorish Byun?! Is that how you've saved your boyfriend's number?!"

"Shhh... quiet, Byun," She changed it. "Look."

"Baby Bacon?" He chuckled. "Good. I like it."

She nodded and put it away. "Baekhyun?"

"Yes, mon reve?"

"Korea doesn't have a formula one team even though we have KIA motors and Hyundai."

"So?" He looked at her.

"Can't we... found one?" She asked.

"It's a..." Baekhyun thought for some seconds. "It's a pretty good id-" He took out his phone after hearing the ringing. 

"Who's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter