008

Finish Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]08[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Lovesick Girls[/CONTENTID2]
[CONTENTID3]

"You two are going to stay here in Japan?!" Irene asked. "You are joking, aren't you?"

"No, we are invited to a wedding party," Baekhyun said. "This means... we will stay. Right Ryujin?"

"Yep," She smiled. "Don't worry, we'll come to Melbourne as soon as possible."

Sehun tilted his head. "It feels really weird to go somewhere for a Grand Prix, but without the racers."

"We will come back in three days, ok?"

"Fine..." Mr. Anderson said. "Have fun you two." 

The racers waved at them with their cute smiles. After they left for the flight, Baekhyun and Ryujin made their way to the elevator. "Wow... Mr. Wolff is on fire, isn't he?" He asked, checking the news on his phone. "The thing you did has grabbed the headlines! You just wanted to become a celebrity, didn't you?"

She chuckled. "Who says that? I hate attracting attentions," She pouted. "But it also hurt me bad when I found out about Irene unnie... the way she tries hard for our team," They stepped in the elevator. "But receives less than men. This is unfair!"

He pressed the button. "Look Ryu, men run a family... women don't. You can't say that-"

"Don't tell me that you don't know about Irene because I won't believe you!"

"What about her?"

"She is a single mother. You... didn't know?" 

Baekhyun's eyes widened. "What?!"

"Yes, she has a son named Andy and she is working here so she can provide a good life for him. That's what a mother does," She pressed her lips together and looked up to avoid crying. "You can't imagine how hard it is to raise a child all alone..."

"I can tell the company to increase her salary."

"There are a lot of women in the world with the same situation and we don't know them," She sobbed. "What are you going to do about those women, Baekhyun?" 

"But Ryu, you can not-"

"That is why... I sacrificed my first chance of racing in a Grand Prix, for her... for all of the women like her..." The doors of elevator opened and she walked out angrily. 

"How... how is that possible?"

■■■

Junmyeon was checking the news about Korea that the door opened and a tall English man walked in. He raised his head and tilted it to the left. Jinyoung walked in right after him and bowed. "Sir, he didn't let me-"

"Leave us, Jinyoung..." He whispered and the secretary left. Junmyeon put his pen on his desk and sat formally. He stared at him silently, waiting for him to say something. 

The man frowned. "Don't you think you must stand up when someone enters a room? Don't you know anything about resp-"

"Respect? You walked in my room without arranging a meeting or even knocking," He cleared his throat. "You are Mr...?"

"Wolff. I'm Eddie Wolff. The CEO of-"

"Whatever Mr. Wolff," He shook his head. "Tell me, are you actions polite that you want me to respect you?" 

The man walked closer. "I am CEO of Mercedes! I came all the way here to England! You have to be polite-"

"I respect the people who deserves it," He said with his cold eyes. "People who behave politely, are respectable... no matter if they are a servant or a CEO."

Eddie rolled his eyes. "Junmyeon Kim!" He shouted. "Can't you control that Korean girl?!"

He chuckled. "There can be a thousand Korean girls in England, who is that specific girl?"

"Ryu Jin Jung!"

"Oh... I know her," He said. "She is your racer, why are you angry with her?"

"Because... she didn't race in the Grand Prix!"

He narrowed his eyes. "Why? You know, I don't follow the news about these things."

"Because... because, I don't know. Maybe because she wants to be in the spotlight."

"Tell me the reason Mr. Wolff or I won't be able to help you."

Eddie sighed. "She wants me to pay women and men equally."

"What's so annoying about it? You had to do it in the first place... she didn't have to tell you so."

"But how can you say-"

"If a woman," Junmyeon raised his left hand. "And a man," He raised the other hand. "Are working in the same position, this means they are under same pressure, they are facing the same difficulties," He clapped his hands. "So they have the right to be paid as much as one another... isn't that obvious?"

"Are you crazy?"

"No, I'm perfectly sane," He smiled. "Ryujin is really tough that she got to this place. I recommend, do not mess with her."

■■■

Ryujin touched her furisode's collar as she looked in the mirror. "Wow..." She mumbled. "This is really pretty," She turned to the Japanese lady and bowed. "Thank you, ajumma."

"You look more beautiful in this dress," Atsuko said with a smile. "The man who'll marry you is one of the luckiest men in the world."

She giggled. "Thank you..." 

Mina walked in the room. "Wow! She is an angel!" She clapped. "Uh... uncle Baek is waiting... it is getting late!"

She nodded. "Let's go."


Bakehyun was leaning on the Myouis' car when he saw the ladies walking out of the house. His eyes widened at the sight of his teammate. "Ryu?" She was like a beautiful geisha with that purple and white furisode and Japanese makeup. 

She smiled. "Let's go..." She made her way to the back seat door, but he opened the front seat door for her. 

"Here..." He said. "Get in. I mean, I meant... please take a seat."

Mina hid behind her mother and giggled. "Mina, that's rude."

"But mom, he is really cute," She whispered.

"Ah..." Ryujin looked back at Atsuko. "But it is better to let her sit there..."

"Seriously?" He bit his lower lip. "Ok..." He whispered. 

"I am more comfortable if I sit in back," Atsuko got in the car and Mina followed her immediately. 

Ryujin got in the car when she saw no way other than sitting next to Baekhyun. "You look beautiful..."

"I rather be called talented than beautiful," Ryujin said before fastening her seatbelt. "But thank you," She took a look at him. It was weird that he had brought one of his suits with himself. "You do look nice too."

"Oh... are you for real?" He smiled shyly. "Thank you..."

 

Ryujin was deep in thoughts as she looked at Sana and Yuta dancing that a masculine hand appeared in front of her. "Will you give me the honor of a dance?" A man said in Korean. She raised her head and saw an unfamiliar face. Actually, she knew no other man except for Baekhyun.

"Ah... no. Thank you," She replied politely. "Please leave."

"But why should these beautiful hands be alone?" He took a seat next to her. "I think we are from the same country. I am Korean."

"Nice to know, though I said leave me, sir." She moved away. 

The man touched her lap. "Oh please-"

"Don't touch me!" 

He tilted his head and moved his hand away. "What a loud girl... ok, ok..." He laughed. "You know, you are so beautiful even with that short locks-"

"I said go away!"

"Why are you like this?"

"Didn't you hear her?" The man looked up and saw the speaker with two glasses in his hands. Baekhyun put them on the table calmly and looked at him. "Why are you still here? Get lost!"

"Who are you to tell me that?! You know who I am? I am the last son of-"

"I don't care who you are. I just know that a rude man was trying to flirt with my girlfriend and I'm really pissed off right now," The racer said, making the girl's eyes widen. "Will you leave us now?"

The man looked at them in surprise and left immediately because Baekhyun's angry face was no kidding. 

Ryujin breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you."

He sat next to her and put his arm behind her body. "How can some men be like this?"

"His actions were screaming what he had in mind, even if I wasn't in a relationship, I would never ever agree with him," She said crossing her arms.

"It's your bad."

"Huh?" She turned to him. "What do you mean?"

"You are pretty, so you attract attention," He said as he looked around. 

She giggled, but stopped when he placed his head on her shoulder. "What are you doing?"

"He is still looking at us," He whispered and took her hand in his. "Just play along so this night will be over."

"O-Ok..." She bit her lower lip and leaned her head on his. "Shouldn't we go congratulate Sana?" He raised his head all of a sudden. "Ouch! My neck!"

"You are right!" He mumbled before standing up. "Let's go," He pulled her behind himself.

■■■

Irene was sitting on a bench in the airport waiting for Baekhyun and Ryujin. She was checking the team's group chat. 


Lisa:
Girlsss! CEO called me! He is increasing women's salary! You did it, Ryu Jung!


She smiled and was about to put her phone in her bag that it started ringing. The engineer looked at the screen, it was her fiance's mother. "Yes mother?" She answered with a smile. 

"You b*tch!" She gasped. "You such a ing liar!" 

"Wh-what is wrong, mom?"

"You had a kid and said nothing about it?! I am telling you this, let go of my son because I won't let him raise a child whose father is unknown!"

"Mother please-"

"Do not talk anymore! I don't want to see you ever again."

"Mother, mom-" The old woman hung up. Irene looked at her phone screen and bit her lower lip. She dialed her fiance's number. "Felix!" 

"Irene," He sighed. "Mom called you, didn't she?"

"Felix... what should we do now that she knows?" She sobbed.

"Rene, don't cry," He paused. "Look, you know I can't disobey her."

"What...?" She hiccuped.

"She will take everything away from me. My house, my car, my position in the company. I can't disobey her," He said. "I'm sorry Irene, but I think..."

"What?"

"We are done here. It is over."

"How can you say it like this?" She asked before standing up. "If you knew how she'd react, why did you date me at the first place?!"

"I thought, I thought I can change it and I couldn't. I'm sorry," He said. "I can't disobey-"

"Stop repeating this ing sentence!" She shouted making everyone at the airport look at her with wide open eyes. "Are you her pet?! Are you her doll?! You are so much in love with your wealth that you are letting go of me because of that ing heritage!"

"Mom can't accept Andy, specially that his father is-" 

" you and your mom and your house and your car and your job and every ing word that you are saying!" Irene ended the call and blocked him immediately. Feeling numb, she fell down on the bench. 


Ryujin and Baekhyun were walking shoulder by shoulder when they saw Irene sitting there emotionlessly. "Irene!" She waved at her. "Irene?" She ran to her. "Are you ok?"

She looked up at her and shook her head. Seeing Irene like that, Baekhyun ran to them with their suitcases. "Irene!" He knelt down in front of her. "What is it, girl?" He put his hands on her knees.

"Baekhyun..." She mumbled and put her hands on his. "He broke up with me."

"That German fiancé of yours?" She nodded. "Why though?"

"Because his mother doesn't allow him raise another man's son."

"What?! How ridiculous!" Ryujin said angrily. 

"I'm... I'm so sorry about it-"

"Don't be," She chuckled. "I've been thinking that maybe I am destined to be alone..." She breathed deeply. "Charlie left me... and now, Felix. Yeah, maybe it is not in my destiny."

"Irene, don't say that..." Baekhyun whispered.

The engineer stood up. "Let's go to our hotel," She smiled. "Your rooms seem nice."

■■■

Irene was busy with their check-in that Baekhyun walked to her. "I didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter