012

Finish Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]12[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]The Exception[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

"When I heard your voice, I thought I was dead," Baekhyun said on the phone. "Your voice is from heaven, aren't you an angel?"

Ryujin rolled her eyes. "You took a crash course in flirting while you were in a coma?" 

He chuckled, making her smile. "I was just explaining how it was to be in a coma and wake up from it."

She shook her head. "Be ok as soon as possible and come back. I'm scared to race alone..."

"Yes ma'am!" He laughed. "But aren't you too tired to race?"

"What? No... I had a good night sleep, I'm ok. Why should I be tired?"

"Because you've been running through my head till morning."

"You have definitely changed, this is not the Baekhyun I know," She said. "What other nonsense you've got? Tell them all..."

He chuckled. "You got to take my place now that I'm not there! Ok?"

"Yes, I know..." She whispered. "Just rest and wait for the result."

"Wait? I'll be watching the race!"

She ran her fingers through her hair. "Fine. I got to go."

"Fighting!" 

She ended the call and walked to the team members. "So," She handed Suzy her phone. "Let's get an award." She covered her face and wore her helmet.

"Go pass them all, Ryujin Jung..." Irene patted her shoulder.

She nodded. "I will..." She walked towards her car. 

■■■

"YEAH! Did you see her, hyung?!" Baekhyun clapped when Ryujin passed the finish line and won the second place. "She is the second! She is fantastic! Isn't she?" He looked at his stepbrother and went quiet. Junmyeon was looking out of the window without any reaction. "Oh..." He remembered how his brother had avoided talking to him all that time.

The older man sighed and turned to the TV. "Yeah... she is talented."

"Huh?"

"You know, Baekhyun-ah, I was really scared that you wouldn't wake up. I didn't want to talk because I knew I wouldn't be able to stop scolding you." He went to him and sat on a chair. "My dear little brother, I don't want you to get hurt..."

"Hyung..." Baekhyun mumbled, feeling the tears rolling down his face. "Are you for real?"

"Of course," He turned to him. "Since the day we became brothers."

"I thought you hated me back then..."

"I've never felt that way," He took his hand in his. "I've liked you like my real brother, whom I don't have. You know what I like about you the most, Baekhyun?"

"My pig-headedness? My shouting or fighting? Or... my teenage moody behaviors?" He laughed. "I don't have anything likeable..."

"You yourself, that you are alive and you are breathing... that you are talking nonsense like before..." Junmyeon ruffled his head. "Take care of yourself... please..."

Baekhyun smiled. "Yep..."

■■■

"Baekhyun!" The racers ran to each other when they saw one another in the airport. Ryujin jumped into his embrace.

"Ouch..." Baekhyun's eyes widened. 

 "You saw me?"

He nodded and caressed her hair. "Yes... you were amazing."

She giggled and pulled away. "I know," They started walking. 

"Thank you..." Baekhyun suddenly said. 

The girl looked up at him. "Huh? Are you talking to me?"

"Yes..." He mumbled. "Thank you for not giving up and for fighting for your dreams," He said. "It might seem like I don't like you, though... I'm really happy that I met such a badass girl like you."

She smiled and took his hand out of blue, making his eyes widen. "I am also really proud and blessed to be in the same team as a champion like you."

He smiled as well and they started moving their locked hands like kids. "Let's visit Venice, huh?"

"I've been there with my dad... but I love the idea."

 

Jongdae, Suzy, Johnny and Sehun were walking behind them. "Look at them... how can they be so childish like that. That man is already thirty!" The American engineer said.

"People go loco when they fall in love," Sehun commented, making everyone turn to him. "What? Is that wrong? Almost everyone knows that they have feeling for each other!"

Jongdae clapped. "I said it! I said they'll fall for each other, didn't I, John?"

"You did!" He answered excitedly.

"Hmm..." Jongdae chuckled. "And you don't know what I know..."

"What is it?" Suzy asked. 

He shook his head. "No. No. I'm not going to expose them..."

"Hey... stop it, hyung. Just say it. They've kissed?" The Korean engineer asked

He laughed. "I don't know if they have."

"Hug?"

"Confess?" 

The boys kept asking questions, though Suzy rathered leave them. 

"You ok?" Lisa asked. 

"Yeah..." She sighed. "I just regret that I lost him."

"Hey..." Irene nudged her slightly. "You two weren't made for each other. If you hadn't broken up that way, it would have happened in another way," She said. "And by a strange twist of fate, Ryujin Jung happened. Making him change his attitude and behaviors."

The doctor nodded in agreement. "Just wait, you'll meet your own Mr Right."

She nodded. "I hope so..."

■■■

Baekhyun was choosing what to wear. It was difficult for him for an unknown reason. He used to choose outfits so easily, though now he was acting like it was a matter of life or death. "Damn it..." He cursed under his breath. 

"What is it?" Jongdae walked out of the bathroom, drying his hair. "Do you need help?" He sat on the edge of the bed. 

The racer shook his head, as he took out some of his shirts out of his suitcase. "I don't need help, I just don't know what to wear." 

"Oh..." He smirked. "Byun Baekhyun is worrying over grooming..." He chuckled. "Dress to impress, huh?"

He looked at him with eyes wide open before glaring at him. "Impress whom? I just want to wear something suitable for-"

"Say it tonight..."

He looked up at him. "What?"

"Confess your feelings and let it out..."

He sighed. "But how?" Baekhyun sat on the floor completely. "I've thought about it a lot, though... I think it will be weird. All we do is bickering and disagreeing with one another. I feel my confession will end up in another fight."

Jongdae sighed. "Just say what you feel at the moment. Don't plan for these things and... come on! It's not your first time, Baekhyun..."

He sighed and took out one of his shirts. "I think this is good, isn't it?"

The latter took his phone. "You are handsome whatever you wear..."

He laughed. "That's Junmyeon hyung, not me."

The personal assistant rolled his eyes. "Yes, I know he is really handsome, but hey! You got to be more confident about your appearance! Have you seen people's comments below your posts?" He asked. "You are loved by lots of people all around the globe!"

"But not by my own mother..." He whispered to himself before closing the suitcase.

■■■

Ryujin looked around as her teammate was talking to a man, who seemed to be a boat owner. "It is as beautiful as it was..." She smiled. 

"Ryu!" Baekhyun called. "Come here!" He got on the boat carefully. The girl walked closer, but didn't know how to get on the boat. "Take my hand..." He held his hand towards her. 

Ryujin smiled and took his hand before stepping into the boat. Their chests touched for some seconds which made the younger racer blush. She didn't know the reason why, though she could feel her heart beating faster. "Th-thank you," She let go of his hand and they sat next to each other, with little space between their bodies.

The boat started moving. Ryujin sighed as she put her earphones on. She connected it to her phone and searched for a song. She stared at the water and houses around as she listened to the song. 

"Is she your girlfriend?" The man asked. "Huh?"

Baekhyun shook his head. "Not yet," He replied. "But soon she will..."

"Though... she doesn't seem ok."

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow and turned to the girl. Her eyes were closed as her tears rolled down her face. "Ryujin?" She turned to him. "What are you listening?" He took one of the earbuds and put it in his ear. It was familiar, Love Is Ouch by 2NE1. "Why are you listening to this?" He asked in disappointment. "Are you still thinking about that ing Daniel?"

"I feel so broken, Baekhyun..." She said while crying. "My heart," She covered the left side of her chest. "My heart hurts when I think about it. He didn't even try to keep me! Why? Am I that worthless?"

"Stop it," He wiped her tears away with his fingers. "Forget him. He is not worth your tears..." He took her phone out of her hand and changed the song. "This one... Forever."

Ryujin smiled, hearing the sweet lyrics and the beautiful melody. "Girls' Generation?" She asked in English. 

"I'm a fan..." He replied simply.

"I thought you hate women..." She said.

"Well," He took her hand in his. "There can always be an exception," He said. "Like you..."

Hearing his sentence, she smiled. Though her eyes widened when he comprehended his sentence. She didn't expect that at all. "What?"

"I have seen untrustworthy and cheating women... the ones who break your heart and are mean... but you? You are way different, Ryujin. You are different in many ways," He said. "I may hate ninety nine percent of the women in the world, but you'll be that small one percent whom I love, adore and respect."

"Baekhyun..."

"If you accept to be my girlfriend, I will never let anyone make you cry. I promise," She just looked at him, stunned. "I am not that perfect man you have in mind, though... I'll try my best to become the man you want," He breathed deeply. "Now, will you accept me as your boyfriend?"

"Oh, Baekhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter