005

Finish Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]05[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]This F-king Feeling[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]
"How can he be like this?" Irene nagged. "Baekhyun is the devil, no! He is the devil's teacher!"

"He could tell her when they were alone. Baekhyun hyung literally destroyed her in front of us." Sehun commented. 

"I wonder if anything will change about his behaviors. I feel like vomiting when I see him acting like that." Johnny shook his head and put his hands in his pockets. "Guys, would you like to go out and drink tonight?"

"Pretty good idea, John. I needed that to pull out the fire inside my brain!" Irene whispered. "Oh!" She stopped when she saw the girl walking to her car. "Suzy!" She waved.

The personal assistant turned to them and bowed. "I never understood, what's with Koreans and bowing-"

"I never understood either," Sehun turned to him. "Why can't you shut up about us, Johnny?"

"Rude," Johhny stated and looked at the girl. Her hair was moving in the air because of the wind. Suzy faked a smile, but even that fake smile could steal a million hearts. "Who's she?" He asked in awe.

"Ryu's assistant," Irene replied as they got closer to her. "Ms. Bae, these two are my colleagues. Mr. Sehun Oh, who is Korean as well. And Mr. Johnny Moore, he is American."

"Nice to meet you, Suzy-ssi," Sehun said with a smile and bowed his head.

"Nice to meet you, lady," Johnny shook hands with her and touched the back of her hand with his thumb. "What a soft pretty skin..."

"Yah!" Sehun slapped his hand. "Sorry, he has no manners," He said in Korean, making the girl giggle.

"What did he say?" The American man asked. 

"Nothing," Suzy replied. "Nice to meet a gentleman like you."

"Anyway," Irene rolled her eyes. "We are going out for drinks, would you like to come?" 

"Yeah, I think I need that," She said. "What time will you go? You know my car is-"

"I'll take you," Johnny cut her sentence and received weird looks from his friends. 

"No. It's ok." Suzy smiled. 

"I just like to... let me, please."

Sehun rolled his eyes. "Suzy-ssi, I want to bring my girlfriend as well. You can come with us."

"Your girlfriend is... Ms. Peterson?"

"Yes." 

"Ok," She smiled. "I'll join you. I have her phone number."

"That's it," Irene clapped her hands, even though she and Johhny didn't understand a word. "We'll see you, Suzy." 

■■■

Baekhyun stopped in front of his teacher's house. He got out of the car and called Ryujin. "Yeah... I'm waiting," He ended the call and leaned against the car. 

"Baekhyun!" Ryujin waved her hand, making him lift his head. His heart started racing at the sight of the beautiful angel in front of his eyes. She looked like the human version of a doll which Soyeon had when she was a kid. This Ryujin was way different from the racer Ryujin or the waitress Ryujin. She was wearing makeup. Her red lips took his attention at the first sight. She was wearing a black coat, black pants, and more importantly, she was wearing earrings! Ryujin looked like a dream.

"Hi..." He mumbled, stunned by her appearance. "Let's go."

She nodded and ran to the passenger door. They got in the car and the scent of her sweet perfume filled the environment. Baekhyun breathed in, enjoying the dizzying scent. "So, where are we going? Just be kind and don't take me to a luxurious restaurant."

"Trust me," He smiled at her and started the engine. 


"Wow..." Ryujin whispered as she looked at the restaurant from outside. "You really think I can pay for this?" She asked. "Veloce E Bello," She read the name. "This is a famous Italian restaurant, it is surely expensive."

"Let's go in. It's not that expensive, Ryu," Baekhyun walked in and greeted the waiters warmly. The most weird thing about that restaurant was the employees. They were all men. Ryujin raised an eyebrow. Baekhyun went upstairs and she followed him automatically. "There, let's sit there," He said happily, pointing at the most romantic table existing there. It was in outdoor aera, with two chairs only. There were also flowers in a vase on the center of table. 

"Hmm... don't you think that's booked?" She asked nervously. 

"No," He turned to her. "If it was, they would put a card like that on it," He pointed at another table. "And when I say this, we have to sit there. Why do you disagree?" He sat on one of the chairs.

"Ok..." She went to the table and took a seat in front of him. "Well," She looked around, biting her lower lip. "What should we have?" She took the menu. 

"It's an Italian restaurant," He said. "So pizza. Choose the one you like." 

"Ah..." She looked at the prices and gasped. "The prices are astronomical, how do you think I am going to pay for it-"

"You can skip a meal," He smirked. "I will eat only so you'll pay less."

She hit the menu on the table. "Are you sick?!"

He bursted into laughter. "Why are you angry? We are here to enjoy this night together!"

"Is looking at a broke girl entertaining? How can you be this cruel to me? If you are doing these, so I'll leave Mercedes, I'm so sorry. Because you are using a wrong method on the wrong person!" Ryujin said breathlessly as a tear rolled down her face, which she wiped quickly. "I'm not going to give up," She stood up. "For my dreams, I'm relentless."

He chuckled. "Sit down, girl," He said in English. "George, come here!" He called a waiter by his name, surprising the other racer.

"Pepperoni. With two cons of cola and... french fries too."

"Yes, CEO." He took a note and left.

Ryujin sat down slowly, shocked. "Are you the owner of this restaurant?"

"I am," He grinned. 

"I could say that. Not a female employee can be seen."

"So if you ever wanted to work in a restaurant again," He leaned back. "You can be the first one here."

"Oh, very funny, Baekhyun, ha ha." She rolled her eyes.

"And about tonight, it is free. You have to treat me to dinner in another time," He said. "Maybe abroad."

She smiled. "Thank you." 

He looked at the cityscape silently and hummed. "London is pretty, my favorite town after Busan."

"You like Busan?" She asked excitedly. 

"I do."

"I am from Busan originally," She giggled. "Dad is from Busan, I was born there too."

He nodded and turned to her. "I love looking at the ocean... maybe that's the reason why," He said. "That unimaginable amount of water, gathered in one place... you know, you'll die if you don't have access to water for three days, but water can drown you too... that ocean embraces you kindly, like a mother and then when it finds out that you are drown in it, that kind ocean will leave your body on the beach."

"Right..."

"So much like women, when they find out that you are into them madly, they'll leave you." He sighed. 

"I... I know that you and Suzy unnie used to be together." Ryujin said. "But you can't judge women by just knowing one of them."

"I know more than one," Baekhyun stared at his hands. "God has given a very important facility to women. You are secretive creatures, hiding everything behind the mask of beauty. And our weakness is also your beauty, unfortunately," He looked up at her. "Beauty is your power, Ryujin. You can fool any boy with it." 

"What did she do to you?"

"What she and other women in my life taught me was... to never trust a woman with your feelings." He whispered. "I was twenty three when we met. Suzanne was a college student and I was a rookie racer, someone way worst than you are..." 

Ryujin giggled. "So you have passed these crazy days too."

"Of course," He smiled, looking at her lips. "We met at the airport. I was waiting for hyung while she was waiting for her parents. Everything was like coincidence..." His voice trailed away. "Oh, thank you!" He helped the waiter to place the pizza on the table. 

"Thank you," Ryujin bowed her head and thei waited for him to leave. "You were saying..."

"I didn't have a good view on relationships and women even before dating. But I thought, maybe I should give it a chance and I did. I made the worst decision of my life," Baekhyun took a slice of pizza. "Everything was great, till my twenty fifth birthday," He bit his pizza. "Hmm... nice. What are you waiting for? Start eating!"

Ryujin was too shocked by his story that she had forgot to eat so she took a slice of pizza immediately. "What happened on your birthday?"

"She told me that we should break up," He pressed his lips together as he stared at the edge of the table. "When I asked why, she simply said that she was offered a job by BMW company in Germany, she doesn't want a long distance relationship and asked for my understanding."

She frowned. "She left you like that?" 

"She left me like that."

"You'd agree if she wanted a long distance relationship?"

"Of course, I loved her insanely."

"What about now?" She asked.

"I hate her with my each and every cell," He breathed deeply. "What would you do if you were her?"

"You know, actually I am in-" Her phone started ringing, cutting her sentence. Ryujin took it out of her bag and looked at the caller ID. "Excuse me... my boyfriend is calling," She stood up and went to the corner of the balcony. 

"Boyfriend?" He whispered. Baekhyun never thought that she, Jung Ryujin, could be in a relationship. A strange unreasonable emotional pain spread through his chest. He closed his eyes, trying to ignore her conversation. 

"We'll fly to Melbourne in less than a month. Yeah! It's true! First Dubai, then Suzuka and Melbourne," She giggled. "We can meet there. Aha..." She touched her hair and turned to her teammate. "Daniel, I got to go... yeah. See you soon," She ended the call and walked back to the table. "My boyfriend lives in Australia." She sat on her chair.

"Aha..." He said with no interest. 

"You know, his father is Kang Sangmin, he owns a big company in Korea," She said as she started eating. "We are actually in a long distance relationship and I am ok with it. As long as we love each other, the distance is meaningless."

"Right..." He whispered.

"Are you ok?" Ryujin titled her head. "It looks like you are sad."

"No. I'm just... tired," He smiled. "You like the food?"

"Yeah, it's delicious."

He nodded. "Good."

■■■

Baekhyun rang the bell and waited for someone to open the door. He didn't want to stay at home alone, so he decided to go to his brother's house. The door opened and he walked in, being welcomed by a shouting match between Tiffany and Jisoo. "God..." He rolled his eyes and stepped in the living room silently. 

"I say... if he doesn't accept the offer, they'll think that he is afraid and won't leave you alone till the end!"

"Mom please! We are just living our life," Jisoo said. "Junmyeon has made his decision, why are you even interfering?"

"I am interfering? Don't be shy! Call me inquisitive!"

"I didn't mean to disrespect you, but this is our life!"

"Aha! Look Myeon! This is how your wife treats me!"

Baekhyun took a look at his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter