001

Finish Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]01[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Daughter Of A Senior[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Deep breath...

Remembering the whole circuit. Sector one, sector two and the last sector...

Another breath...

Holding the wheel tightly, but also smoothly...

Ready for this...

"Three, two, one, go!" Seeing the green lights, Baekhyun pushed the pedal to the metal. The racing car's speed picked up in less than a second. His eyes was only looking forward. "Yo... hyung, you are doing a great job!"

"I know..." He smiled and turned the wheel to the right to pass the huge twist. 

"Wow! Wow! Wow! Man!" The speaker said in his ear. He kept on speeding up in every moment. Thinking about the World championship made him greedier. He had to become the one... the first Korean racer who won the championship. He thought of the moment he would jump on the first stage and take the trophy in his hand. Winning a grand prix or two wasn't a big target for him anymore, but the World Championship was. That dream was the reason why he was there, London. It had been too difficult, but he made it. He made it and there he was now... 

"Baekhyun hyung! No! No! No!" 

The race engineer's shout brought him back to reality. He wasn't on the road anymore. "! Sh*t!" He tried to stop the car. Being too fast, the car hit the walls.

The man got out of his racing car and took off his hamlet, breathing deeply. Two man ran to him with charts and pens in their hands. "You destroyed your car, hyung!" Sehun shouted. "What the hell were you doing? You have to be careful for God's sake! What if you were-"

"Sehun please..." He shook his head. "Can you fix it?"

"Of course we can." He said, touching the car. 

"Fortunately..." The latter nodded in agreement. "The damage is not severe... just the body." 

"John, if I win British Grand Prix, I'll invite you both to a fancy restaurant." He patted the his shoulder who smiled. 

"We'd be happy..." Johnny, the race engineer said. "If you pay for it." Baekhyun punched him in arm jokingly and they all laughed. to Silverstone's restaurant. The engineers told the staff to take Baekhyun's car to the parking area so they could repair it. After that they went to Silverstone restaurant to have something. "Why British Grand Prix though? Wasn't the World Championship your goal?" Johnny asked out of blue.

"You know I've never won this... even though I practice in London..." He chuckled. ", I am stupid..." The racer just sat down on a chair that he saw Max, their old team principal, walking towards them. "Sir!" He waved at him. 

"Baekhyun..." He smiled. "I was searching for you and heard you are practicing for championship. Don't exhaust yourself, your body needs to refresh..."

"Ah... I don't have anything to do. You know that, so please... this is my only hobby." He turned to the girl next to him. Her short blonde hair was hidden under a black cap. She was wearing a white jacket and dark blue jeans. "Don't you introduce?"

"Oh... she is... actually, from Korea. Just like you. And... her name is Ryujin Jung. She is a test and development driver."

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. "She drives formula one cars?!"

"I do. Before you drive that car... I am the one who tests it."

"Well, nice job-"

"But I want to try this..." Ryujin walked closer. "I want to be a part of the team. As a real driver." She beamed.

"WHAT?!"

"Is she for real?" Sehun asked and Max nodded with a smile. 

"Great!" Irene clapped, walking towards them. Seeing her, Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "I am Irene... race engineer. I'll help you with everything! I will make you a great driver, just like Baekhyun..." She put her hands on the younger girl's shoulder. "You will become our pride!"

"In your dreams..." Baekhyun whispered. 

"What did you say?" Irene turned to him.

He stood up. "Nothing. Nothing. It's fantastic. Wish you luck." He said and was about to walk out of the cafeteria. 

"Baekhyun! Your meal!" Wendy, the manager of the cafe, shouted.

"I don't want it..." He left. Johnny and Sehun followed him. "That woman..."

"You ok?"

"Do I seem ok? Do I?!"

Sehun exchanged looks with Johnny and he shrugged. Baekhyun seemed angry and that meant, they had to keep quiet.

■■■

" it!" Baekhyun shouted, letting go of the bottle of champagne. "How dared she come and look into my eyes, saying those ty words?!"

"Stop it, Baekhyun..." Johnny said drunkenly. "That is just a little girl with pinkish dreams..."

"I know but-"

"You seem scared..." Sehun said as he put his head on the table and closed his eyes. "A scared kitten..." He laughed and after some moments, Johnny joined him. 

"Shut the up!" Baekhyun shouted and hit on the table. He grabbed Sehun by collar and tried to look into his eyes. "If you ever say that again... I'll kill you..."

"What?" He smiled. "That you are scared of a little girl?"

"I said close your mouth!" He let go of him and sat down. "You know what? All women are disgusting, just like Irene..."

"If you are talking about what noona said today. Well, she is a woman too. Women are always together. Believe it or not, it's in their nature to be united. A man has only one way to make two women enemies..." Sehun paused. "And you know what's that?"

"Cheating..." Johnny laughed again.

"Bingo!" The engineer smiled as he drank.

" all of the women then!" Baekhyun stood up, unable to stay balanced, he leaned on the table. "I will make her run away from Mercedes! I swear! There should be only me and Lewis!"

"Cheers!" Johnny whispered, liftng up his glass.

■■■

Irene stopped the chronometer and walked to Ryujin who got out of the car with a smile. "How was it?"

"Good... but, if I want to compare it with Baekhyun, that is then..."

Her face fell. "Bad?"

"Not that bad. I mean it can never be bad. You are just at the beginning... well, it is normal to be like that... Baekhyun has been racing for years... since 2012 in Korea and now he is in England... so, well... it's not that bad." She talked non stop.

"It is, Irene." She whispered as she sat on the bench. 

"You'll be fine, Ryu..." The elder patted her shoulder. "Maybe not for this championship... but I am sure you'll succeed in the next one." 

"Irene..." Baekhyun called.

She looked up. "Good morning..."

He nodded. "Can I talk to her?"

"Oh..." Irene looked at the girl and stood up. "Of course. I will be waiting inside." She gave her thumbs up before leaving. 

"What was your name?"

"I thought as the only Korean person you know here in England, you'll learn my name fast."

"Well, for your record, you are not the only one here. One of our race engineers is Korean, Oh Sehun." He sat next to her and she moved aside. "Ok, I don't care if you don't tell me your name, woman."

"I am Jung Ryujin!" She shouted. "Got it? Ryujin! Now ask your silly mind to memorize my name!"

He smirked. "Why do you want to become a racer?" He asked, leaning back. "Wasn't your life better that way? When you... tested cars and then went back home happily?"

"I was never happy like that..." She said, moving her finger on her black hamlet. "I want to be someone like my dad..."

"Your dad?"

"Jung Hyunjin." She said proudly. "My dad was a car racer, just like you." His eyes widened. He knew her father very well. Jung Hyunjin! The first racer of Korea ever! Although he never took part in an official race, he was famous doe to becoming a coach. He was the one who taught him how to drive a formula one car! Though, he never thought to meet his daughter in a racing suit. Disappointing. "So, I want to be a champion... I want to fulfill his only dream."

Hearing her last sentence, Baekhyun chuckled. "You think it's easy, don't you Ryujin?" He stood up. "Can you imagine how much hurdles I have passed to get here? How many accidents and failures I've experienced? You think it's easy? Like one day, you wake up and say oh yeah... I want to become a racer, let's go... and you get it?"

"I don't think like that, but still!" She jumped to her feet. "I want to become a real racer... I want to show the world that this is not about being a girl! That is all in here!" She pointed at her head. "All in here, Mr. Byun."

"Keep your crazy thoughts to yourself." He looked away. "Even men have difficulties, let alone you... a woman."

"Driving a car is not only for men! We are humans too and I will show the world that if people like you let us in... we will be far better than you!" She took her helmet and started walking away. 

Baekhyun chuckled again and bit his lower lip, satisfied by the emotional pain he'd caused for the girl. "Yah! Jung Ryujin!" She paused. "I'll be your instructor."

Ryujun turned to him and raised her eyebrows. "What did you say?"

"I'll be your instructor."

"Really?" He nodded, making her grin. "We'll start tomorrow." She said before running away. 

He froze. Did she just decide for him? How dared she? Baekhyun crossed his arms. He was going to show her the reason why She had to stay at home and practice baking cakes. 

■■■

"What?" Johnny shouted. "What are you saying?!"

"Yeah... this was the only way." Baekhyun beamed. "I will make her suffer... oh you can't imagine how pleasing that is."

"I don't understand. What is wrong with you and women?" Sehun said as he tried to fix something in the racer's car. "Just live your life and let her do so."

"Women... they are disgusting." He whispered. "They are the reason why men are in pain..."

"But I think... women make life more pleasurab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter