002

Finish Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]02[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Blind Date[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

The black limousine stopped in front of the circuit's entrance. The tall bodyguard got out of the car and ran to the other side to open the door for the man in black suit. "Sir..."

The man got out of the car and buttoned his coat. He looked around and chuckled. "So, here's the place where my brother wastes time in?"

"Ah... actually it is, Mr. Kim." 

Mr. Kim nodded and was about to walk in that saw some people running towards him. "What the hell?" He froze in his spot.

"Mr. Kim!" They all bowed. "Good morning. I am Max Anderson. The team-"

"The team principal, I know. Nice to meet you, Mr. Anderson." He shook hands with him. "Where is he?"

"He is probably practicing." Max said. "Irene can guide you to the place he is. I- I have some works to do, since the World Championship is-"

"Fine, it's ok. Really, Mr. Anderson." He smiled, tired of his talks about the things he couldn't understand. "Miss Irene, lead us."

She nodded her head and walked in the circuit. Irene felt nervous because he seemed to be an important person, yet she didn't know who he was. She went to the place Baekhyun was as soon as she could. "There he is." She pointed at him who was talking to Ryujin.

Seeing the girl, Mr. Kim raised an eyebrow. "Who is that girl?" 

"Ryujin Jung, a new racer in our team." She introduced. 

"Fine... go call him, please."

"Yes sir. You can sit inside the restaurant." Irene pointed at the mentioned place before running to the racers.

Mr. Kim walked in the restaurant and took a seat close to the entrance. He waited with crossed arms. "Chanyeol..."

"Yes sir?"

"Why is Baekhyun like that? I mean, look, it's like..." He sighed. "I give him everything he wants, but what does he do instead? Not listening to me."

"It's because of his beliefs. You can't change a person into a complete new man."

"You are right. I hope Roseanne will be able to knock some sense into his head." He whispered. 

"Who?!"

"Roseanne Park. Her father is one of the most powerful politicians of Korea. She is such a sweetheart. I'm sure she can steal his heart." He moved closer to the man whose face fell all of a sudden. "Actually this was wifey's idea." He giggled. "This woman's brain works for real."

"Y-yes sir." He mumbled.

Baekhyun walked in and took a seat in front of his brother. "Hello brother! How's life?"

"Chanyeol, would you please leave us alone?" He nodded and walked away. He stood close to the exit door. "You haven't had an accident, have you?"

His eyes widened. "Huh?" Baekhyun tilted his head. 

"Because I thought you've forgotten how to speak Korean." He said.

"Aigoo, stop it hyung," He started speaking in Korean. "How is sister-in-law? And those little rays of sunshine?"

"Jisoo and Lily are fine," He said. "But about Mark, I have to ask you about him."

"Ah... he is mad at you, though he'll be ok." The racer smiled. "You have to give him more freedom."

"To become someone like you?" He asked. "No, I won't repeat your father's mistake."

Baekhyun frowned. "Oh yeah? Then why don't you stop comparing him with his sister?"

Mr. Kim rolled his eyes. "I've never done that..."

He shook his head. "Anyway, Junmyeon hyung, what brought you here?"

"Should there be a reason for me to come meet my brother?"

"Correction, stepbrother." 

"Baekhyun..."

"What? I just mentioned a fact. It doesn't change the love between us, huh?" His sentence brought smile back on the elder's face. "I mean... Korea's ambassador and circuit? We can always meet at my house or yours, but you decided to come here instead. There must be a reason behind this action of yours."

"Well, now that you mentioned..." He moved in his seat. "Look, my little brother, you are now a rising formula one driver, and the first official Korean racer... right?"

"Hmm?" He looked through the menu. 

"So, Jisoo and I thought-"

"You like cheesecake? Oh no... you hate cheese, I forgot."

"Now it's the time to finally-"

"Wen! One chocolate cake and one strawberry cake please! With two cups of Americano!"

"Let me talk, will you?!"

"Of course, hyung. I'm all ears." He sat formally. 

"Don't you want to establish a relationship?"

"What kind of relationship?"

"The romantic one." Junmyeon said. "Just... there are a lot of people who look up to you now and here you are, walking around as a single man in his thirties. When I was in your age, Mark and Lily were four years old."

"You impregnate Jisoo noona before marriage." He replied casually. 

"What is this even-" Junmyoen bit his lower lip, feeling uncomfortable to talk about such a topic with his little brother even though he was a grown man now. "It-it wasn't unwanted..." He breathed out deeply. "For now, that is not our problem. Your status is the elephant in the room."

"I am in a relationship, hyung."

His face lighted up "Really? Who's she? You have to introduce her to my-"

"That is." He pointed out of the cafe's window, showing his car. The older brother turned his head to the window and saw his racing car. "Bambi."

"Byun Baekhyun." Junmyeon hit the roof. "I am talking about a female human. The one who you can depend on and be happy with. The one who brings joy to your house and fill your loneliness." 

"They all can be found in Bambi." He beamed. "Oh! Thank you, Wendy." 

The girl put the cups and cakes on the table. "Anytime, Baek." She smiled before turning back to her place. 

He took his fork and started eating his strawberry cake. "What was I saying? Aha. Women are only useful when you want a baby and now... having kids is a big no-no for me."

"Do you understand what you are saying?!" Junmyeon shouted at him and turned to the left to see a shocked Wendy looking at them. "I'm sorry." He bowed his head. She nodded, faking a smile. Junmyeon got closer to him. "You are saying... you only want a woman to give birth to your children?!"

"Yep." He replied. "Even for my ual needs, there is always a way to-"

"Stop this sh*t now!" He stood up. "Jisoo has arranged a blind date with a girl for you. Her name is Roseanne Park. She is a respectable director and a politician's daughter, behave correctly during your date."

"Hyung..."

"No more words!" He shouted. "Behave yourself, Baekhyun. I'll send Chanyeol to take you to the date. Are we clear?"

"Hmm..." He said with a pout. 

"I will leave for now." Junmyeon fixed his tie and made his way to the door, leaving the americano and the cake untouched. 

"Pffff..." He leaned back. 

"Who was he? Your boyfriend?"

Baekhyun looked up at her with a frown. "Boyfriend? What the heck, Irene? I am not gay!"

She crossed her arms. "Well, the way you treat women somehow gives me the feeling that you are interested in men."

"He is my stepbrother."

"Oh... he seemed to be an important person. Mr. Anderson became really anxious when he heard that he was here."

"He is Korea's ambassador to Britain."

"Oh..." She beamed. "Nice."

Baekhyun took a look at her. "Hey Irene! Don't smile like that, he is married with two children."

She turned to him. "What do you think of me? I have a fiance!"

The racer stood up and looked at her from head to toe. "Poor him then." He smirked, walking out of the restaurant. 

"What the... rude!" She growled with anger.


Junmyeon was walking to his limousine that his eyes met his son's. "Mark..." He whispered. 

His son shook his head and hid behind Jongdae. Junmyeon closed his eyes and turned his head away. "Let's go..."

"Aren't you going to talk to-"

"Let's go, Park!" He moved towards the car faster.

"Yes sir." Chanyeol followed him. 

■■■

"So... dad has forced you into a date?" Mark asked, leaning against the wall. 

"Yep. And I, as a good obedient younger brother, am going to that date." He said as he tried to choose his best suit. He has to wear something special, he was a Formula one champion after all. 

"It is silly..." He shook his head. "Now you are telling me that I have to obey him like you do?"

"I never said that..." He took his blue suit and white shirt. "But listening to your father is a moral value."

Mark rolled his eyes. "Yes! Moral!" He said. "Though no one has given him the right to force me..."

"You have to respect your old man anyway..." He said as he led his nephew out. "Just think of it. If it wasn't because of him, you weren't standing here." The racer closed the door to change his clothes.

Mark pouted, walked to a couch and fell on it. It was difficult, to be under control of someone else. And he wasn't at fault. Those things were just about his age. Mark was going to be thirteen soon. It meant he was going to be a teenager, so as any other kid in his age, he wanted freedom. He wanted to be someone he liked to be, not someone who his father wanted him to become. The bell rang and brought him back to reality. The boy went to the door and looked at the screen to see who was behind the door. "Uncle Yeol!" He bit his lower lip. 

"He is here because of me." Baekhyun said after walking out of his room. "Don't worry."

He nodded.

The man in suit opened the door. "Hello Mr. Park..." He smiled. 

"Good evening sir. Are you ready?" Chanyeol asked.

He sighed. "Yes." He walked out of the house. "Take care, Mark." 

"Bye..."

Baekhyun closed the door. "Let's go..." 

Chanyeol followed him. "Isn't Mark planning to go back home?"

"No, he isn't." He put his hands in his pockets after entering the elevator. "Let hyung know about it."

"Kids nowadays are really disobedient."

"He is not disobedient, Chanyeol. He is fighting for his dreams. I taught him that." He grinned and looked up at the tall man. "You look sad..."

"Sad? No. I'm fine. I'm good." He faked a smile. 

"Come on Park! I know you for years now! This is not the prankster Park Chanyeol I knew..."

He chuckled. "If everything goes well for you today, it will be the death of me..." Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. The doors opened, but he was still looking at him. "Sir, we'll be late..." He nodded and walked out.

"You know this girl?" Baekhyun asked on the way.

"I do. I've s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter