011

Finish Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]11[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]The Appalling Crash[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

After getting back to hotel, Baekhyun fell on his bed and took out his phone. He went through the photos in it. He smiled as he touched an album and stared looking at the pictures he had taken secretly. Ryujin would kill him if she ever knew he took pictures of her without asking her permission. She was pretty and he loved to capture pretty moments. Her smiling lips. Her closed sleeping eyes. Her hands through her hair. Her red nose in cold. Even her shadow. Every single thing about her was just perfect. "I wish I could talk to someone about this..." He turned to his personal assistant's bed, Jongdae was already sleeping. And the good news was that he was a heavy sleeper. He dialed a number and covered himself with the duvet completely.

"Do you have any idea what time it is right now in Seoul?!" It was the first sentence he heard from the speaker. 

"I'm... I'm sorry, Soyeonie. What time is it there?"

"One fifteen A.M!" 

"I'm so sorry," He mumbled. "I just needed to talk to you, so I didn't pay attention to the time."

"You needed to talk?" She asked. "What is it, oppa?"

"Nothing, I just felt lonely..." He lied. "How is your relationship going with Miyeon?"

"Uh... we broke up."

His eyes widened. "What?! When?"

"Around a week ago," She mumbled. "She said it's hard to be a celebrity's girlfriend," She chuckled. "Actually, it is hard to be in a same- relationship in Korea. Don't you think so?"

He nodded. "It was stressful for me too. I was scared that hyung would find out that you are lesbian."

"Yeah, he would kill me for sure. If not, he would disown me and never want to see my face... and for nth time, I'm bi. A biual," She said. "And by that... it means I'm willing to date both men and women."

"Only love matters, huh?" He rubbed his left eye.

"Yeah... you can say that. Love is the most important thing in the world."

"Soyeon-ah," He pressed his lips together. "I think... I think I've fallen in love, again."

She bursted into laughter. "Hahaha... you woke me up to say this? Of course. Another funny story. Is it a new car? Or... a racing star in history you've come across with recently?"

"Stop making fun of me. I'm being serious," He said with his not so common serious tone. "Do you watch the Grand Prix?"

"Yes. Because of my Baekhyun oppa."

He smiled. "So you surely know that there is a female racer from Mercedes."

"Jung Ryujin?"

Baekhyun hesitated for a moment, thinking whether to say it or not. "Yep."

"You love her?"

"I think so."

"What do you mean 'I think so'? You can't play with a girl just because you think you love her! In topics like this, you can only say yes or no."

Baekhyun rolled onto his stomach. "Ok... ok... it's a yes. Yes, I do love her."

"Then ask her out," She said. "I'm so happy my oppa has finally found someone."

He sighed. "The point is... I wanted to ask her out, but I did something horrible to her."

"What? You started blabbering sh*t about women in front of her? I've heard she is a feminist."

"The thing I did to her is way worse than that. In this case, talking sh*t about women is not even counted."

She gasped. "What... have you done, Byun Baekhyun?"

"I slept with her..."

"Oh... it isn't that horrible- WHAT?!" She shouted, making her older brother move away his phone. "How did you do that?!"

"I... was drunk and so she was..." 

"Oh... is she mad at you?"

He nodded with a pout. "She is, because it was her first..."

"Oh my Gosh, you ed up for real, bro." She said in English. "But it's not your fault. I mean... not yours, nor hers. It was only an accident, so..." She paused to think. "I think you got to do something about it."

"Exactly," He said. "Now what?"

"I don't know."

He snorted. "That was really helpful. Thank you very much."

"What should I say? It's not like I've slept with random girls and taken their ity!" Soyeon said with annoyance. "But you got to do something about it. I'd like that pearl to be a part of our family..."

"Huh?" He formed. "Don't you dare to have eyes for her!"

"No! Why would I? I don't want to date for now. I'd like to enjoy my lonely life for awhile. I just like her for you. You are a good match," She breathed deeply. "So... I need to sleep. Do something about it, ok? Maybe you have to apologize. Good luck with your race. Love you, Good night."

"Love you too, little sis. Sleep well..." He put his phone next to his pillow and closed his eyes. "Tomorrow when I received the award, I'll dedicate it to Soyeon." He closed his eyed with that thought.

■■■

After ending in twenty-second place in qualifying round, Ryujin pleaded Mr. Anderson to let her stay with the team. She knew she wasn't ready physically and mentally to race, so that wasn't a problem for her to not race in Chinese Grand Prix. She sat on a chair and cupped her chin. "Byun Baekhyun..." She mumbled and her eyes widened. Why him suddenly? Why should she think about him? She shook her head and focused on the live on her phone.

"Ryujin..."

She looked up to face with her senior. "What is it?"

"Can we be like we used to be?"

She rolled her eyes. "Stop it now... what if others hear us?"

He sighed. "It's just... I wanted to say, if only there will be one day that I'm alive, all I want to do is to spend it with you and... plead you not to be mad at me."

She frowned. What was he saying all of a sudden? Had he hit his head somewhere? "Uh..." The commentor started speaking. "You got to go, Baekhyun. Good luck."

He looked around. "Hurry Byun..." Johnny pushed him towards his car. "You and Bambi must do it today!" 

Baekhyun was still looking at the girl from afar. "We will..." He mumbled before wearing his helmet. 


The race started and as always, the circuit was filled with thrill. Ryujin was sitting there silently, watching the race. The smile on her face didn't disappear. She was extremely happy that Baekhyun was the leading driver now. He could be a jerk at times though, he deserved the best when it came to racing. 

"Be careful about that chicane, hyung..." Sehun warned him calmly. "Yes, that's it."

Ryujin turned around, but she couldn't find Suzy. Being thirsty, she stood up to bring some water for herself. She walked to the entrance, but she slipped and fell down. "Ahh..." She touched her ankle.

"Ryujin! Are you ok?!" Sehun shouted. "Lisa! Take care of her."

 

"Ryu?" Baekhyun mumbled when he heard Sehun's voice by the radio. His grab on the steering wheel became weak and he didn't pay attention to the road. His car swerved and he lost the control. "Sh*t! it!" Bambi's uncontrolled moves created a chain accident. His car crashed into the wall and his head hit to it hard.

Hearing screams of commentor, the team which were busy with Ryujin, looked up. The screen was showing Baekhyun's completely damaged car and him who was in it, unconscious.

Ryujin stood up and dusted off her pants. "B-Baekhyun?" She whispered. "BAEKHYUN!" She ran in the circuit.

"Yah! It's dangerous, Ryujin-ah!" Jongdae and Sehun ran after her.

"Baekhyun!" She shook his body, but he didn't move. "Yah! Open your eyes, you bastard! It's dangerous here!" She looked around and saw the team running to her. The girl turned to her senior. "Baekhyun..." She sobbed as she unfastened his safety belt. "Hurry!" She grabbed his suit and tried to pull him out. "Yah!"

"Ryujin!" Sehun and Jongdae arrived. "Baekhyun!"

"Help me!"

"We got to wait for the medical team!" Sehun shouted. 

"No... something dangerous might happen!" She shouted back at him. "We got to help-"

"Move aside..." Lisa and her team arrived. "Take him out, now!"

Johnny pulled the girl away from the accident scene. Ryujin was scared. She was trembling and her knees felt numb. She covered her face and started crying aloud. There was only two times that she had felt that way. One, when her mother passed away. Two, when she saw her father in that car crash. Everything felt like déjà vu, and that made her feel dizzy. What if he became paralyzed just like her father? "Baekhyun..." She mumbled. "Baek..." She lost her balance. 

"Ryujin!" Johnny grabbed her body, so she wouldn't fell down. "Ryu... you need to sit down."

"No..." She shook her head. "I will go to the hospital with them..." 

Suzy ran to them. "What's wrong?" Her eyes caught her ex on the stretcher, laying lifelessly. "Baekhyun!" She ran to him, making Johnny let out a heavy sigh in exasperation. 

"Stay away..." Lisa blocked her way. "Please... we got to transfer him to the closest hospital as soon as possible."

She nodded.

■■■

Ryujin was sitting on a bench in the hospital. She could feel nothing. One of the most difficult things in the world is to wait and it was the same for her. "Here..." Suzy handed her a glass of water and sat next to her. 

"Why are you here? Go back to hotel..." The racer whispered, staring at the water in the glass. "Leave..."

She looked at her with a frown. "I must ask the same... what are you doing here?"

"What?" Ryujin whispered. "What are you saying?!"

"Don't tell me that the rumors are true..."

"What rumors?" She asked. "Speak in a way so I can comprehend!"

"That you and Baekhyun..." She shook her head. "Forget it."

Her eyes widened. What if she knew? What if the whole team knew? "Say it! I need to know what people are saying behind our backs!"

"They say you two are dating..."

She breathed a sigh of relief. "We are not," She turned away and saw Jongdae and Mr. Anderson walking out of ICU department's door while talking to a doctor. She stood up and ran to them. "What is it, doctor?!" She asked with tearful eyes. "Will he be alright?"

"Uh... his condition is-" 

"Dr. Liu!" A nurse cut her sentence. "There is an emergency surgery!"

"Oh... I got to go..."

"It's ok, Dr. Liu, I'll explain. Let's go Ryu," Jongdae whispered. The doctor left with the nurse, but the racer was still standing there. "Please..."

"Can I see him?"

"Ryu... keep calm," He said. "Ok?"

"Tell me, oppa!" She pleaded. "Is there anything wrong with him?"

Suzy walked closer to them. "Is Baekhyun ok?"

The personal assistant sighed. "He went into a coma..."

Suzy gasped. "Wh-"

"What?!" Ryujin covered her face and steped backwards.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter