004

Finish Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]04[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Personal Assistant[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]
 
Ryujin was walking in the hallway with a cup of hot coffee in her hands. She smirked, looking at Baekhyun who was wearing a white shirt. The girl could clearly remember what Lisa had told her about him.


"If I didn't know him well, I'd say he is suffering from OCD. He likes to keep his clothes neat. He has lots of shirts and pants with bright colors," Lisa leaned back. "If he sees a small mark on his shirt, he has to change it immediately or his day will be ruined."
"He is certainly crazy," Ryujin commented. 
"That is not the reason you'd call him that," Irene said. "His weakness is Bambi."
"Bambi?"
"His racing car. He has it washed every week. Bambi is his best friend," Irene looked at Lisa. "Closer than Sehun," She said. "He doesn't like it to be touched. Once I touched it and oh God..." She started laughing. "He took out a cloth from his bag and cleaned the place as he nagged. I mean... my hand wasn't dirty!"
"Great..." She giggled.


"Baekhyun!" She called him when she was inches away. 

"What is-" He turned to her and hit the cup, making it spill down his shirt. "What the heck?! It burns!" He started moving his shirt with his hand. "It's hot! Hot! Hot!"

"Oh my God! Oh my God!" She put the cup down on the floor and got closer to him. "Keep calm! Stop moving!"

"My body is burning!!!" He screamed as Ryujin ed his shirt. "Hurry! Take it off... take it off, Ryu!"

She looked around. "But we are in the middle of hallway!"

"I DON'T CARE!"

"Ok, quiet..." Ryujin took off his white shirt and moved it in the air. "You have to wash it-" She felt unable to talk when she saw his upper body. His wet six packs were shining under the sunlight which came through the windows. Her right hand touched his abdomen unconsciously. "Does it hurt?" She her lips and smiled. 

"What the ?!" Jongdae shouted, bringing the girl back to reality. "Why are you , Byun Baekhyun?!"

"Ah..." They stood aside. "I was... she bumped into me and... and, her hot coffee spilt on me."

The personal assistant just stared at him blankly. "And that made you get in the middle of hallway and more importantly, in front of a respectable lady?"

"What's wrong with that?"

He rolled his eyes and turned to Ryujin. "Ms. Jung, your personal assistant is here. Let's go and meet her in the restaurant."

Her eyes shined. "Really?" She threw the shirt into the other racer's face and ran behind Jongdae like a duckling. Her victorious smirk was too obvious to ignore.

Baekhyun turned to them and breathed out, smiling at the girl. "How can a girl be so cute while wearing that kind of clothes?" He looked at his shirt in his hands. "My precious white shirt!" He cried, hugging it tightly. "What to do..."


"Is she Korean?" She asked excitedly. 

"Since you are Korean, the company asked for a Korean assistant," She clapped, jumping up and down. "But the girl I recommended and they signed with is half-Korean."

"That's ok!" She giggled. 

They walked in the restaurant, Ryujin's eyes searched for the assistant with a quick look. She saw a girl who was sitting there alone. The racer wasn't able to see her face since she was sitting with her back to them. "Is she her?"

"Right!" Jongdae walked to her fast. "Yah, Suzy!"

She turned to him and stood up. "Hello oppa!" She bowed. Her hair was long and dark- brownish color. Her see through bangs were cute. She was wearing a red hoodie and light blue jeans which was showing her skinny legs perfectly. 

"I brought your racer," He grabbed Ryujin's hand and pulled her closer. "Ryujin, she is Bae Suzy. Suzy, she is Jung Ryujin."

They bowed to each other. "It's my pleasure to meet you, Ms. Bae..."

"Don't talk formally dear, it is just Suzy unnie," She said. "Take a seat, please."

"Uh, I'll leave you alone." Jongdae said with a smile. 

"Thank you, Mr. Kim," Ryujin bowed her head and stared at him till he left the restaurant. "Unlike Baekhyun, he is really polite."

"Huh?" Suzy titled her head. 

"Nothing..." She smiled. "How old are you, unnie?"

"I'm twenty eight," She replied before chuckling. "It's like we are on a first date..."

Ryujin started laughing too. "Seriously... the situation is awkward."

She nodded, trying to stop her laughter. "We are both rookies, I don't know what to say."

"Really? You are a rookie too?!"

"Yeah... it's my first time being a racer's personal assistant," She let out a sigh. "I've been a personal assistant for five years now. I worked for BMW, but I left, 'cause I didn't want to stay in Germany anymore."

"BMW... wow!" She looked at her excitedly. "How do you know Mr. Kim?" 

Suzy drank a gulp of her cappuccino. "Jongdae oppa was my senior at university. His wife's younger sister is my friend. That's how we know each other." 

"He is a nice man, isn't he?"

"Of course. He informed me about this job. I was jobless till yesterday," She looked at her cup. "Now," She raised her head. "Tell me about yourself. What made you think of formula one? Personally, I'm not interested."

"Speed is nice," Ryujin looked out of He window, at the circuit. "It is dangerous, but exciting at the same time. Somehow, it is like playing with fire. You might get hurt, but it still attracts."

"Oh..."

"Actually, it was because of my father too," She added. "He used to be a racing couch."

"Wow! Now this is exciting."

■■■

Baekhyun was finished wearing his racing suit when Jongdae walked to him. "So, now she has a personal assistant, huh?"

"What's wrong with that? She is now officially a racer. She has the right to have one."

He chuckled. "What racer? She wants to be one, but she can't!" He started walking. "Once she hears the loud and scary vroom vroom of the cars in the circuit, she'll start crying."

"I don't think so..." Jongdae whispered. "You might be the one who ends up in tears. Don't be too proud of yourself."

He chuckled, but his smile faded away when he faced with the girl in front of him. "Suzy?"

"Baekhyun..."

"Ah! You two know each other? That is nice!" Ryujin giggled, but stopped when she felt the heavy atmosphere. "What is it?"

"Long time no see," Suzy whispered. 

"It was a long and nice time," Baekhyun mumbled. "Without having you around." He passed her, hitting her shoulder on purpose. 

"You knew him?" Ryujin asked again. 

Suzy pressed her lips together and breathed deeply. "Yes."

"So how-"

"He is my ex," She covered her face and ran to the ladies' room. 

"Unnie!" She followed her. 

■■■

"Why?!" Baekhyun shouted. "Why did you bring her to our team?" 

Jongdae crossed his arms. "Because she was looking for work."

He walked closer. "You knew... you knew she and I had a past, didn't you?" He asked. "Didn't you Jongdae?"

"I did, but-"

"Then why?!" He grabbed him by collar. "Why did you bring her? To remind me my stupid past? To make me feel like a worthless person?"

"Look man," He said calmly. "If you don't have any feelings for her, then you're done. Why are you making a fuss about it?"

Baekhyun frowned and pushed his friend to the wall, earning a low moan from him. "Yah, hyung!" Sehun ran to him. 

"Baekhyun, what the hell are you doing?" Johnny asked, freeing the personal assistant. "Are you ok?"

Jongdae nodded, staring at the racer as he rubbed the back of his head. "You got to pull yourself together. Suzy is just a colleague now," He left.

"Suzy? Who's that?" Johnny asked. 

"That, that..." Baekhyun pointed at Jongdae madly. "That e-" 

Sehun covered his mouth. "Hyung! He is our friend!" He whispered in his ear.

"He has recommended my ex to be Ryujin's personal assistant! And guess what? The company has accepted her!" He shouted. "He knew that Suzy is my ex! Even thought he knew it, he brought that b*tch to our team!"

"Hyung... she must be like any other ordinary girl for you," Sehun said. "You don't have to get angry..."

"I can't take it! To be with an emotionless b*tch in the same place! I hate her to the Sun and back!"

"Well, that's too much," Johnny commented. "Take it easy, hyung!" He said in bad Korean.

Sehun and Baekhyun looked at him blankly. "It is your last time trying to talk in Korean. Got it?" Sehun asked with a deadly look.

"Fine..." He rolled his eyes.

■■■

"Are you ok?" Ryujin asked as soon as her personal assistant got out of washing closet. 

"I'm fine," Suzy wiped her eyes and smiled. "I just remembered past memories."

"Ryujin!" She turned to the left to see Irene with two girls. "Hello!" She waved. "You must be her personal assistant. Nice to meet you. I'm Irene Andrews, racing engineer."

"My pleasure to meet you, Ms. Andrews. I'm Suzy Bae." They shook hands.

"Who are they, Irene?" The racer asked.

"Oh right," She grinned. "Karina and Luna, they are designers."

"W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter