fourteen

Reverie

fourteen

 

 

“Would you like to know what a… true is?”

 

 

Fluttering eyes and shallow breaths. That what a true was. I could vividly see that precious book of mine and clearly see the prince and princess in the picture book. The Prince leaned over the princess. Her eyes fluttered closed and cheeks colored with rose.

I remember the strange sense of heat brush over my face as a child. Now the feeling was ten fold as his lips grazed lightly over my sensitive skin that sent waves of gentle shivers all over. His warm breath tickled over my cheek as he moved his sinful lips up to my ear and then trailed down my neck, pressing those lips on a unknown point of pleasure.

 

MMmm, Baekhyun, I should… I should...” I cleared my throat feeling the sensation of a strange heat bathing over my body as Prince Baekhyun began to lightly le at my neck. I closed my eyes in hopes that I could gain on control of my whirling mind but, as you could imagine, it was downright impossible. There was a slight tug to my clothes as his hands wandered.

 

HIs hands had been in my hair, behind my neck, wrapped around my back, my waist and sneaking up my ribs as he directed his eager hands up. He was able to loosen up a few ties of my jeogori to push away the fabric of my top, exposing my collar bone which he wasted no time in showing his appreciation.

 

“I should go.” I managed out, incredibly proud of myself that I was able to gain control of my words, even if it was for a brief moment.

 

He sat up as I caught his attention, lips swollen from the activities of the past thirty minutes. I tried not to think too much of his parted rosed lips and the divine movement of his tongue against mine. If I did, I would be placed in the trance that had allowed us to be parked outside of my home for the past few minutes.

 

“Do you not feel the same need as I do?” He furrowed his brows in confusion and I nearly tackled him into another kiss. I stopped myself before I could get myself into trouble.

 

“Your Highness,” I sighed, “Do you doubt me?”

 

He quickly shook his head.

 

“I’ve only just tasted what heaven is and my only comfort is denying me from it.” He pressed his forehead against mine, pouting exactly like the child he was. His begged with his eyes, hoping that his charm would let him get his way. I saw through it and he knew that I was standing firm. I gave him a chiding smirk. He huffed and sat back corssing his arms.

 

“Why must you be so… responsible?” He mumbled, disappointed there wasn’t any more time for us. It was a fact that it always felt like we were running out of time. Baekhyun collected himself as I ran a gentle hand over my messy hair that became undone over the ride over. He had been desperate to comb his fingers through my hair, as if he couldn’t make his kisses deep enough to satisfy his growing needs.

 

“It’s late.” I looked out the carriage window, “The streetlights have been put out a while ago and your driver has been waiting. Haven’t you noticed?”

 

Baekhyun glanced out the window and turned back to me with half lidded eyes and freshly lips. The moonlight illuminated his silhouette and highlighted his prominent features, like his lips, and I found myself staring at them. I was risking everything unable to look away when they curled up into a smile.

 

“Just one more,” He asked, knitting his brows together.

 

“And would that be enough?” I questioned.

 

Baekhyun shook his head before placing another lasting kiss on my eager lips. He hadn’t registered the words I had said due to the dizzying haze he was under. I would have protested more but the hand that found my cheek, me gently with his thumb as I melted back into gentle and light affections.

 

It was the way he held me from the back of my neck and the sweetness of his mouth.

 

It was so easy to have the simple pleasure of his lips and it be enough to fuel my happiness for the rest of my life. I almost felt my heart split open and beam with an intense hot joy that filled my chest and the growing warmth in my lower core.

 

That’s why I broke away suddenly. It was very confusing to experience such happiness and be connected to something entirely unknown to me was overwhelming to say the least. I started climbing down the carriage step leaving the Prince bewildered at my sudden detachment.

 

“I must go now,” I whispered harshly to him, “If you have all of me in one night then what else would we look forward to?”

 

 The Prince poked his head out of the carriage.

 

“What else?” He questioned back, almost offended, “The rest of my life with you. That’s what I’ll look forward to.”

 

I paused at his sweet words, feeling so helpless under his watch. He rolled his eyes at me as he beckoned me to come closer again with a mischievous smirk. I complied and tilted my head up, up on my toes, to receive one last kiss. My chest fluttered with the explosion of sparks. Even when we pulled away there was a moment of a longing look.

 

“What is wanted would not be able to be accomplished in one simple night.” Baekhyun mumbled out, “I will find a way. Do you understand?”

 

I stepped back nodding, as he settled back in. I looked at the driver and gave him a simple signal to a let him know it was time. The driver gently whipped the horse into action and began trotting away.

 

I stood there blissfully unaware of how reckless I have been behaving. As I walked up the steps to my home, greeted by our one maid who was surprised I had made it home alone, I felt myself float up to my room without a care in the world. It wasn’t long after I was tucked into my bed and I accepted the sweetest of dreams to distract me until I saw the Prince again.

 

 

Lay had brought the most beautiful gown I had seen him create. I wasn’t even sure if I would dress this elegantly for my own weddings but for the Honoring of Prince Junmyeon a dark red hanbok with the same light material he had decorated me in before. The design was modernized and intricate with beading hand sewn at the bottom of the skirt that faded up to the waist. The sleeves were light and translucent again, it was another beautiful illusion of what I imagined a puff of a sparkling red cloud. It was form fitting by what Lay called a belt. He had also wrapped around a binding corset underneath that left me short of breath.  

 

Lay stepped back and admired his work for a moment.

 

“You’re glowing,” He cocked his head.

 

“The dress is beautiful,” I glanced over my shoulder at him before going back to the looking glass and just falling in love with the work he had done.

 

“Can’t be just the dress,” He narrowed his eyes, observing some sort of changed that he couldn’t put his finger on. I waved his suspicions off nervously and ran my hands over the ornate low bun his workers twisted my hair into.

 

He finally pulled out the last piece. It was a set of hair pieces made of colored glass. Some were meant to look like drops of water and twisting vines but one hairpin that he proudly showed me was a light pink flower.

 

“A tiger lily?” I questioned as I ducked my head so he could stick the pin in my hair do.

 

“After the Fete, I realized that nothing else fits you more,” He chuckled and placed his hands on my shoulders look like a proud father, “I want those Silla women to run home in inadequate shame. No one could rival my designs, especially not when such an iconic woman is wearing them so elegantly.”

 

I rolled my eyes playfully, “You compliment too much.”

 

“I have much to boast over. I’ve heard from the grape vine that some well-known seamstresses in town have been pulled into the palace for an emergency dressing. I wouldn’t necessarily say it was us that cause the fear of looking like an outdated royal, but I’d gladly take the credit if I had to.” He let out a funny laugh, “Could you imagine these spoiled girls trying to explain how to recreate my looks to my fellow seamsters.”

 

“Why is it funny?” I asked not fully following along.

 

Lay snorted, “I did say my fabrics were imported from China… my dear, my family is the only one in the entirety of the country that makes this fabric. I fear that it will be a while before they get their hands on my secret.”

 

I smiled as he winked announcing his completed work. He began to push me out of my room, proclaiming that he had more ideas floating in his head for me to work on back at his workshop. I laughed as I reached the stairs about to show my mother my dress for the honoring. I figured she was in the sunroom so as reached the bottom of the stairs; I began to turn to the left when I heard a knock at the door.

 

I looked at the time at the grandfather clock by the door, I realized it was nearing time to leave and I recalled my brother mentioning that I would be escorted by someone other than him. I suppose it would be quite sneaky of me if I met them first before my brother had the chance to properly introduce me to this stranger.

 

I silently begged it wasn't anyone related to the Duchess Binna as I reached for the door and swung it open to reveal this mysterious .

 

I let out a sigh of relief as Lord Kyungsoo stood there looking wide eyed and confused.

 

“M-Miss Kaira,” He sputtered, “I didn’t expect you to answer the door.”

 

I smiled knowing it wasn’t common practice for regular people of society to answer their own doors.

 

He gulped and glance down at the sight in front of him.

 

“You’re dressed wonderfully,” He compliment still looking uncomfortable. I bowed my head, thanking him for his compliment.

 

“No need to flatter me,” I sighed out, “As for Jongdae, I haven’t seen of him all morning. I suppose last night’s festivities went well into the early morning. Shall I go fetch my brother?”

 

Lord Kyungsoo blinked.

 

“What do you mean?” He asked, looking even more confused than before. I suppose I should read up on what I proper lady of society can and can’t do to avoid shocked looks from people with Lord Kyungsoo.

 

“Aren’t you here to see my brother?” I cocked my head, stepping aside to allow him in. Lord Kyungsoo took a step in regaining his confidence.

 

“Well yes,” He nodded before he shook his head, “And no.”

 

My mouth slightly parted in question.

 

Lord Kyungsoo slowly nodded, “I was actually informed a few a hours ago. I hadn’t know this would be in my schedule for today.”

 

“Ah,” I let myself sink into the obvious truth, “You are also going to the Prince’s Honoring! I suppose it makes sense. Prince Junmyeon warms up to people easily, doesn’t he? I’m sure you made quite the impression on him.”

 

I gestured him to follow me into the sunroom where a small table of cookies and teas were set out for a quick snack for my first . I suppose there was enough to share with Lord Kyungsoo.

 

“It’s great that Jongdae has company to bring along with,” I admitted, “I was afraid that he would watch me and my prospects with an eagle eye. It’s not a welcoming feeling to be scrutinized all night by my dear brother.”

 

Kyungsoo, who was biting into a cookie, gave me a curious look, “Hasn't your brother shared who will accompanying you tonight?”

 

Just before I could say no, another stiff body stepped into the sunroom. Their face was solemn and a slight darkness under the eye gave way that this particular body had no rest. Jongdae kept his hands behind his back and had his chin slightly higher than normal.

 

“Ah,” He greeted his friend, “I see you arrived.”

 

I smiled at my brother, “It is almost time to go, must we wait for whoever you picked to me around like prized cattle to arrive? I truly hope, brother, you haven't sprinked in some men that are related to The Jol Family, Duchess Binna isn’t exactly a fan of mine. I can’t imagine how much more misery I could take from her.”

 

My brother smiled, taking a step forward, unable to resist a few delicious cookies. He shook his head.

 

“Oh no,” He shook his head, “He’s not related to them at all, are you Kyungsoo?”

 

The stiff smirk on my brother’s face as he exchanged looks between me and his friend caused the blood to drain from my face. It was then when I noticed how tense my brother looked. I looked at Lord Kyungsoo who gave me a sheepish look, as if he was slightly embarrassed that I hadn’t connected the dots.

 

Jongdae looked at Lord Kyungsoo proudly and patted him on the back, “I think Lord Kyungsoo is a fine and acceptable person to keep an extra eye you today to not… overwhelm you considering how unyielding your ideas of a match are."

 

“Oh.” I mumbled, out still unsure of what was going on.

 

“And I decided to be kinder to you today sister,” My brother announced, “Six matches in one event… what was I thinking. I had a thought that maybe throwing you into the marriage market in such a brash way wouldn’t benefit us at all, so I regrettably spent my entire morning sending telegrams announcing the cancellations of all of your prospect’s meetings, except for one of course.”

 

I couldn't help but to feel something was terribly off.

 

 Jongdae clapped his hands together to signal our departure, "Let’s have fun and just enjoy the Honoring, shall we?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So more fluff. ^^ I also changed the tags to include angst because... it will take a turn very soon. :) 

Any guesses to what will happen?