Protection

Vengeance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[[CONTENTID1] Vengenance [/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2] Chapter 4 [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3] [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

 


Mingyu was scared. He had hidden under the bedsheet for hours now.
And he was not ashamed.
These two guys were in the living room telling him they would protect and take him to his family's house.
He had never met anyone from this doomed family, and he had no intention of meeting them. But after the fight with Wonwoo, he realized that while they were protecting him, they also didn't give a about him as an individual.
But right now, he had a big problem.
He had to pee.
This was a ridiculous moment. He couldn't pee because two hitmen were in the living room, and he was too scared to leave the bedroom. Mingyu chuckled to himself, afraid he was going to go crazy.
"Ya!" he yelled finally, squinting his eyes.
"What?" echoed Wonwoo's voice back.
"Can you... go away for a minute?"
"What the are you talking about?!" Wonwoo snarled.
"Just... I have to go to the bathroom, and I can't get out of the room when you're sitting by the window with your bazooka."
"It's a Stealth Recon Scout, Kaliber, 338 Lapua Magnum. Not a bazooka."
"Still, I won´t come out if you are waiting there." Mingyu pouted.
"Not my problem." Wonwoo replied.
"I'll pee in your damn bed." Mingyu tried again, but Wonwoo didn´t even bother to answer.

After another five minutes, he gave up, approached the living room, and peeked around the doorframe.
"Just for a minute. Go out." He tried it again. He saw Wonwoo´s shadow to his left.
"I can't." Wonwoo finally declared.
"Why?!" Mingyu got mad.
He saw Wonwoo standing frozen in the corner of the room, his body leaning against the wall.
"Because a ing sniper is on the roof of the building across the street and saw me. I'm in the blind spot now, but he knows I'm here. So as soon as I move, he will zoom in on me and probably splatter my brain all over the wall behind me. I have no freaking idea what the agencies are thinking to send the rookies without any thermal equipment, but I guess we are just lucky." Wonwoo growled.
"And you should keep your damn head down too." Mingyu heard Minghao's voice. It sounded weak.
Minghao was still sitting on the couch, and his rifle propped up on the back of the sofa. His right arm was around it, his finger on the trigger, and he was staring through the zoom.
"Are you telling me that there is someone who waits for hours to shoot you just because he knows you are in here?" asked Mingyu, aghast.
"He knows there's another sniper in this room, and if he moves, Minghao recognizes him and shoots him. So you can say he and I are in the same situation."
Mingyu stared at the other side of the street and caught himself glancing over the windows. He could see nothing.
Minghao seemed to read his mind. "I'm sitting here with one of the best zoom rifles on the market, aiming at a window as big as a refrigerator, and I can´t catch a glimpse of the er. Do you think you can find him if I can't?"
Mingyu bit his lips in anger but said nothing. Minghao looked horrible, and Mingyu noticed the blood stain on the back cushion of the couch he was leaning against.
"Then Minghao might kill him..."
"...if he lasts until then." muttered Wonwoo, and Mingyu looked at the youngest again a little closer.
Minghao was trembling. Cold sweat ran down his neck, and he was as pale as a sheet.
"He can't move from there, can he?" Mingyu whispered.
"No, he can't. The drug has worn off, and it's a miracle he's even conscious. He's still losing a lot of blood again, and maybe he'll get a lucky shot. But that's unlikely." Wonwoo hissed.
"Shut up, hyung. I zoomed in on the window. If he moves, I'll get him." Mingyu heard his voice, but it sounded unfocused.
"He... can't help you because he's injured, right? Because of his shoulder?" Mingyu asked carefully.
"You are a smart kid. I'll probably get shot because you idiot jumped before a bullet, and he took it for you. But please keep whining about your math test on Friday."
"Can you get the little radio for me from the bathroom?"
Mingyu looked up in surprise when he heard Minghao's voice.
"Why?"
"Bring it. You were going to pee anyway, right?" Minghao muttered.
"Why... would you need a radio now?" Mingyu needed clarification.
"Just bring it, god damnit!"
Mingyu winced as Wonwoo's voice suddenly got loud, and he hurried to the bathroom door, opened it, and grabbed the radio from the small cabinet.
He turned back and stopped behind the door frame instead of blindly entering the room.
-You're starting already and standing in the blind spot. Well done.- his subconscious giggled.
Mingyu tried to ignore the nagging voice in his head.
"Now what?" he asked.
"Toss it over to me." said Wonwoo, and he saw Minghao move his upper body slightly to the side.
He groaned in pain, but his finger didn't move an inch from the trigger.
"Why?"
"Throw.it.over." hissed Wonwoo angrily, and Mingyu got mad.
"Here it is!" he almost yelled at him and threw it at Wonwoo.
Mingyu flinched in surprise as two plops were heard quickly after another.
Minghao sighed and slumped down next to him on the couch.", that hurts..."
"Sedative?" asked Wonwoo, utterly relaxed as he walked towards Minghao.
"No, the drug. Else I am useless in a couple of hours." the latter groaned in pain.
"But... what happenend?" Mingyu stammered.
"As I said. A distraction for a second is all Minghao needed. When the sniper saw a movement in his zoom, he adjusted his rifle. Minghao saw his movement, and the guy was in his zoom for a split second. The radio idea wasn't bad, kid." Wonwoo said, already drawing up some liquid into the syringe.
Mingyu saw Minghao nodding weakly.
He looked terrible.
"It was me who distracted him?" Mingyu grasped the situation. He had helped these guys kill someone.
"Yes. Minghao just pulled the trigger."
Mingyu burst into tears. This was not the world he lived in and, more importantly, didn´t want to live in.
"Don't cry. It´s annoying." Wonwoo hissed.
"How can you be so heartless? He was a person too! He probably had a family!"
He saw Wonwoo stiffen.
"Don't talk like that." Minghao whispered and squeezed his eyes when Wonwoo injected the needle.

 

 

Wonwoo knelt next to the couch.
Minghao's breath quickened, and the younger began to tremble.
He looked at him petulantly and opened his mouth to say something, but all that came out was a pained groan. Minghao grabbed the pillow and curled his fingers into it.
The slight trembling became so intense that Wonwoo could hear Minghao's teeth hitting each other. He grabbed his head and turned it slightly to the side to avoid biting his tongue. The seizure lasted longer than usual. Wonwoo had increased the dose. He would need Minghao tomorrow to cover for them.
Slowly the twitching subsided. Wonwoo stood up, drew up another syringe with a sedative, and injected it additionally to Minghao. The drug numbed the pain and helped to stay focused. After the injection, one felt nothing would have happened, although the body was at the limit, sometimes even life-threatening.
So, every minute of rest Minghao would be necessary for the mission. And knowing that stubborn kid, he would jump around again after a few minutes. Therefore he made sure that he rested for some hours.
He saw that Mingyu was shaking and staring at him.
"Didn't you say you wanted to go to the bathroom?" Wonwoo snarled at him.
"You... are crazy!" Mingyu yelled at him.
He was surprised when Mingyu rushed forward and lunged at him to attack him. Wonwoo forced his fighting instincts to a minimum but not enough. He grabbed Mingyu, spun him around, and used the momentum of Mingyu's attack to hurl him against the wall. The latter whimpered and fell to the floor.
"Don't try that. I told you I have to deliver you alive, not unharmed."
Mingyu tried to get up, but his arms gave way again. Wonwoo saw that he was bleeding.
Mingyu stared at him petulantly.
Wonwoo walked up to him and lifted him. Mingyu wailed and hit his back several times with his fists. It didn't hurt. Half of his back was numb because of an injury years ago.
He dragged Mingyu to the bathroom, the ice-cold water of the shower, and forced him under it.
"Let go of me!" Mingyu yelled, trying to hit him again. Wonwoo easily dodged.
Mingyu began to shiver.
"Is it cold?" he hissed at him.
Mingyu just stared at him. Stubbornly as he did before but now shivering like a leaf.
"Is your head clear now? Stop whining! You ARE in this situation now. I've already had to kill eight people I didn't have a mission for to save your ing ! Stop fighting and cling to your tiny little I-have-a-test-on-Friday world. It's over! You're a target. You need to realize that!" he yelled at him.
Mingyu glared at him and bit his lip.
Wonwoo turned the water to a warmer temperature. After a while, Mingyu stopped shivering, but he didn't lower his gaze.
"Tomorrow morning, we will leave and try to get to Japan. And you will follow my or Minghao's guidance closely. If you lift a finger on your own, we are dead in no time."

 

 

Mingyu had to give in.
The cold water had cleared his mind. All left was a terrible truth.
They had tried to kill him, and the only hope to survive was to be protected by people who also killed others.
"You don't have to like me or like Minghao. You'll listen to us, and if you're lucky, you'll be in Japan tomorrow night." Wonwoo hissed again.
"Wait in the bedroom. Don’t come out again. I almost got shot because of your stupidity. If I get distracted, I'll be dead a second later. I have to protect you as the first member of the family. I'm not asking you to feel sorry for me because I might die. You should consider that if I die, YOU will die too."
"Minghao is here too." Mingyu mumbled and froze in shock. He couldn't believe he had said that.
He saw Wonwoo staring at him.
Slowly, he stood up. "That's right. Minghao is here too." he whispered and left the bathroom. He slammed the door, which cracked slightly from the impact on the door handle.
Mingyu sat in the shower, soaked in the cold water, and Wonwoo's words echoed in his head. And he knew that Wonwoo was right. He had no chance without them, and all he did was act like a little kid trying to get his way.
He waited another fifteen minutes and left the room.

 

Ten hours later

 

Wonwoo sat on the couch and ensured that the small pieces of his handgun he had separated before him were carefully cleaned and reassembled.
One of the essential rules of survival in his business was that tools always functioned perfectly without defects. Therefore, he treated his ladies with the utmost care.
"Hyung, get your here." he suddenly heard Minghao's voice standing guard at the window. Mingyu had fallen asleep in the bedroom two hours ago.
He got up and looked around the corner. Minghao gestured frantically to the small table behind the door, and Wonwoo was there in two quick steps to grab the earplugs.
He put them in his ear and was about to return to his rifle, which was a little hidden next to the curtain when he heard a voice.
- Best to stay there and sit on the couch. I want to see you again after all this time. -
He saw Minghao freeze, his face turning pale. The younger was feeling better, the drug numbed the pain, and his body had compensated for the blood loss after several hours of sleep. Minghao grabbed the rifle and adjusted the zoom. Slowly, Wonwoo sat down on the couch next to him. In the corner of his eye, he saw the bedroom door slowly opening, and it was the first time in his life that Wonwoo almost panicked.
His target, a first family member with a high rank, was about to get shot right in front of his eyes.
But Minghao saved his .
Shortly before Mingyu trotted into the bedroom, soaking wet, to change his clothes, they had agreed on a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter