Family

Vengeance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[[CONTENTID1] Vengenance [/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2] Chapter 3 [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3] [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

 

Mingyu woke up.
It was dark around him.
He took a deep breath and couldn't recognize the smell. Mingyu heard a clicking sound, and something was rattling.
Slowly, he opened his eyes and turned his head.
"Are you awake?" Mingyu winced at the sudden voice.
"What... Where am I?" he stuttered.
"The dead guy on the motorcycle?" Wonwoo smirked, and Mingyu started shaking again. He hadn't dreamed it. 
Again, something clicked.
He sat up and peeked around the corner. Minghao sat on the couch and disassembled his handgun into small pieces. As soon as he had cleaned one again, he put it together.
The sound of the pieces snapping together drove Mingyu crazy, but he said nothing.
"Let me summarize the situation." He swallowed hard.
"Go ahead." Wonwoo stared at him.
"After leaving the supermarket three days ago, someone tried to kill me. At first, it was you, but there were other people."
"Yes."
"Today, he sat on the roof trying to kill me." Mingyu pointed at Minghao.
"No, he tried to kill me." Wonwoo said.
"I almost did. You're damn lucky, hyung." Mingyu heard Minghao's voice.
"I'm grateful for all the guns, explosions, and rifles around me, and I don't mean to be rude. But whatever drugs you take, you should take less." Mingyu hissed. He was pissed off. He had moved past the moment when he felt fear. He was sure these guys were freaks. He had seen too many action movies.
"Hyung?" he heard the voice from the living room.
He saw that Wonwoo didn't react but just stared at him.
"Ya, hyung!" he heard Minghao's voice again.
Wonwoo seemed to ignore him again but cursed angrily as an object shot past him, and he turned his head in surprise.
"Is her majesty listening now?!"
Mingyu stared at the knife that had bored into the couch not half a meter from Wonwoo."ARE YOU LISTENING NOW?"
"What?!" Wonwoo yelled back."Where's my other girl?"
Mingyu froze. They had a girl somewhere hidden? 
"To your left, right drawer."
"That's a Beretta 92, not a book you read at night. Put it somewhere else, for ´s sake." Minghao bugged out of the living room.
Mingyu stared at the wall. "Did he ... just throw a knife past your head into the couch?"
"That guy doesn't listen when you're not clear sometimes." He heard the youngest nag again.
"You're a drama queen. Stop ing..." still staring at him, Wonwoo grabbed the knife and pulled it from the couch. Mingyu didn't know how to react to something like that anymore.
"We need to talk." said Wonwoo, and Mingyu nodded.

 

 

Wonwoo sighed.
He had to be careful. He had to explain some things to Mingyu but needed to be more specific without telling too much. Out of all the first family members, he was the most troublesome to protect.
"What is going on?" He heard Mingyu whisper.
Finally. The question. Wonwoo looked at Minghao, and he just shrugged."Your job, you stumbled into him first."
"Why are you helping me?" Mingyu's voice was a little sharper than before.
Wonwoo searched for the best explanation, telling him what he needed to know but not saying anything.
"I'm your protector. Just like Minghao." he finally stated.
"My what?"
"Your protector. I protect you."
"Why?" Mingyu had anticipated a lot, but this answer was different.
Wonwoo sighed.
"Tell me." 
"It's not that easy." the guy replied.

 


"What's so difficult? Why did you try to kill me?" Mingyu tilted his head.
"It was an order."
"Who gave it to you?" Mingyu got angry. Did he have to force every word out of that idiot?
"My boss." the guy replied.
"Who tried to kill me?"
"I have no idea. I get an assignment and finish it." Wonwoo arranged the pillow on the couch differently.
Mingyu gritted his teeth. This conversation was insane.
"But you didn't kill me." Mingyu whispered.
"That's right." Wonwoo stated.
"Why didn't you?"
"He's your protector." He heard Minghao's voice, and that brat had an arrogant smirk on his face. It vanished when Mingyu noticed that Wonwoo was staring the younger one down, and Minghao lowered his eyes.
Mingyu's patience was wearing thin.
"Why are you my protector?"
"You are a member of the first family."
"I see." Mingyu said.
"I'm a member of the second family."
"That makes sense." Mingyu rolled his eyes.
"You understand what we're talking about?" asked Minghao in surprise.
"You guys need help." He hissed and stood up. He walked toward the door. "Open it." Mingyu demanded.
"No."
"I want to go out." Mingyu demanded.
"Not now." Wonwoo hissed, and before Mingyu could react, he was suddenly in front of him like a mountain. He didn´t even see Wonwoo's movement from the couch to the door.
Mingyu stumbled backward, startled. He clenched his fists.
"You're scaring him, hyung." He heard Minghao's voice with an amused tone.
"Shut up. You're not doing anything, so don't stick your nose into things that don't concern you." Wonwoo pestered.
"They do concern me. If it´s about a bullet in my head." Minghao snorted but then kept silent.
Mingyu closed his eyes.
He had no chance to escape. Two killers were standing in front of him. The house was full of weapons. He had only one option. To sit down again.
"What's the first family?" he asked.
"Long story."
"I have time." Mingyu began to bob his leg.
"It´s... your family is old, let´s say it like that. For generations now, the family has been working underground. The family is part of almost everything. Drug trafficking, politics, and economic issues. Silent assassinations, like us."
"Like the mafia?" asked Mingyu in amazement.
"Something like that. But it´s a little too dramatic." Wonwoo answered.
"That's the first family. The second family is subordinate. We're your henchmen. We do the ty work for you if you don't want to get your little fingers dirty." grumbled Minghao from the living room Mingyu expected Wonwoo to throw a tantrum, but he just looked at him.
"Are you kidding me? That's all you can think of? At least come up with a story, not from a drama script."
"It's as simple as that." Wonwoo said emotionless.
Mingyu rolled his eyes. "That doesn't explain anything! This isn't a children's channel. What the hell are you talking about?! This is no time to be telling fairy tales!"
"We have to protect you. That was the reason I didn't shoot you." Wonwoo stared at him.
"Since we were kids, he's been trained in combat and weapons. Many second family members are hitmen or work in politics. So at this moment, someone wants you dead. Fortunately, the person now has the problem of two second family members showing up." Minghao added.
Mingyu was giddy. "I have no idea what you're talking about. So you're telling me that my great-grandfather decided to play mafia hundreds of years ago, and until now, every generation is playing along? Is this some brainwashing community? Are we the Korean yakuza?"
"I don´t expect you to believe me. And I don´t care about it either." the guy stated.
"But why are you doing this? I mean, it's none of your business. Go to college or work somewhere. Get married and have kids. Stop shooting around and start playing tennis or something." Mingyu almost yelled at them.
Minghao mumbled something. Mingyu couldn't understand him.
"We have a lot of pride in our family. When my father told me about it, I sincerely believed in it. We all do. I must protect you."
"Just... I'm going to the police, guys. You are too much. I don't care if you go somewhere else and kill people. But I will go to college on Monday and work my night shift at the grocery store."
"You won't."
"Yes, I will." Mingyu felt that he teared up and got even angrier.
"Don't be so stubborn. We are in a pinch already. Don´t start with your crap now." Minghao pestered.
"I don't know you people!!! Are you trying to tell me that I can't open the window because I want some fresh air?" shouted Mingyu and turned around. He went to the window and opened the curtain.
"DOWN!" He felt strong arms around him and was pushed to the floor.

 

 

- The idiot!!! - shouted a voice in his head, and when his target pulled open the curtains, he knew roughly where the sniper was, but he couldn't tell directly. He knew that the idiot across the street on the roof had been there for hours, and Minghao was sitting relaxed in the living room, but a small monitor on the table in front of him showed the bastard had already been there for hours. He was a bloody rookie, though. Standard equipment with a night vision or thermal device and everyone in his apartment would be dead by now. That's why his target was also in the bedroom, which was not visible, and he and Minghao moved in the blind spots. He had chosen this apartment for a reason. And now this idiot ran full speed into the line of fire. The window was bulletproof, but it was useless if someone pulled the curtain aside and opened it in the same movement.
And Mingyu had just done exactly that.
He jumped up, and looked at Minghao, who was moving toward Mingyu to grab him and get him out of the field of vision, and then Wonwoo slithered under the window, jumping up in the same motion and holding the already unlocked rifle.
- Where... where... -


"What the hell?!"
He looked up, saw Minghao pushing him to the ground, and held him stubbornly. Wonwoo grabbed the rifle and positioned himself on the right side of the window with breathtaking speed, aiming, and Mingyu saw him open his mouth slightly and exhale. Almost simultaneously, he pulled the trigger. A soft plop was heard, and instantly, Minghao and Wonwoo relaxed again.
"Don't do that again." He heard Minghao growl, and the younger let him go.

"What did I do? I just wanted to get some fresh air." He stuttered.
"No fresh air right now." Wonwoo hissed at him. Mingyu stared at his hand, his finger still on the trigger. He scanned the rooftops.
"You shot another guy, right?"
"You mean the guy who tried to ram a bullet in your brainless head? Yeah, I did!" Wonwoo spoke so casually about other people's lives.
"Is it that easy? To kill people? You don't care about that?" asked Mingyu incredulously.
"Yes. It is," Minghao replied, "You aim and shoot."

 

 

Wonwoo had always had good reflexes.
But this time, it had almost been too late. The damn idiot had just opened the curtains, lost his balance, and leaned to the side. That was the only reason his brain wasn't plastered on the wall. Minghao had been late too. Luckily the guy on the roof had needed another two seconds

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter