Off to Bangkok

Vengeance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[[CONTENTID1] Vengeance [/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2] Off to Bangkok [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3] [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

 

Wonwoo turned into a narrow forest path and hoped fervently that no branch blocked the way. In the middle of the night, with a ducato under him, ramming against a trunk was the last thing he wanted.
But for once, they were lucky. He finally steered the machine to a clearing and turned off the engine.
He waited until Mingyu was the first to get off the motorbike and followed him. He took off his helmet and looked around.
No one was currently at this place but her, which was a good sign. He had no desire to run into the arms of the first or even the second family. It was almost too high of a risk for him to come here, but traveling was out of the question without passports. All the passports he had hidden or stored in different places were saved in the database of the second family. It was, therefore, completely pointless to use them. He needed utterly new ones, absolutely anonymous. 
And the in this house was the only one who offered this for both families.
"Where are we?" Mingyu asked.
"At a travel point."
"A what?" asked Mingyu in surprise.
"A place where we can get passports. Or do you want to get on the plane to Thailand with your student ID?"
"Don't you have some hidden?" asked Mingyu finally, and Wonwoo couldn't help but feel almost proud. Mingyu began to think logically when it came to their situation.
"Yes, but the IDs are connected in the families. Joshua will see it as soon as we use one and probably unleash the entire second family branch on us."
"Family branch? What are you talking about?"
Wonwoo sighed. "Don't bug me now. And no matter what happens, don't interfere. Do you hear me? NO MATTER WHAT."
Mingyu looked at him petulantly. "I'm not two years old, hyung."
Wonwoo had that strange feeling again that he always got when Mingyu called him hyung. He was too close, too personal.
"We had a deal. Don't interfere. Then, luckily, the whole thing will go off without a hitch."

 

 

Mingyu already regretted agreeing to follow Wonwoo's lead without grumbling. He looked around, and it was pitch black. They were in a small wooded area, and it was a mystery to Mingyu how Wonwoo had managed to force the racing machine along the dirt road to get there without falling on the slippery ground. They had almost slid down the slope more than once, and it was only thanks to Wonwoo's skills that they were now standing in front of a wrecked and old house. 
"Who's in there?" he asked quickly as Wonwoo turned and strolled toward the house. Mingyu watched in surprise as the older suddenly took off his jacket, pulled his Beretta out of the holster, and slowly placed it on the floor, followed a few seconds later by the three knives. He took off his belt and dropped it carelessly. Finally, he stopped about three meters from the door and slowly turned in a circle.
"Stay back." he whispered as Mingyu tried to follow him, and he pulled himself back a few steps.
"What are you doing here?" suddenly snarled a voice from upstairs. It sounded high, a woman?

 

 

Wonwoo groaned in annoyance. He had hoped that the two brats were already asleep or somewhere on a job and that he would only have to deal with the , but being greeted first by one of the girls only complicated things.
"I need to talk to her." He tried to sound polite.
"You don't have to do anything." grumbled another voice.
- Great. The evil twins. - he thought.
Mingyu looked at him, confused, but Wonwoo shook his head.
"I have nothing to do with you guys. Open the door."
"And why aren't you involved with us?" asked voice one.
"Because you're supposed to be in bed at this hour, sweety." Wonwoo lost his cool but regretted it a second later.
"Ya! Watch out!" he suddenly heard Mingyu call out and sighed deeply.

 

 

Mingyu panicked.
A red dot had appeared on Wonwoo's forehead, and the idiot made no move to take cover. He was about to jump forward when Wonwoo stared at him and gestured for him not to move.
"If I am not mistaken, the guy in the back is even more trouble than you if we let you in. Tell me one reason why I should not shoot."
"Minghao told her we would come." said Wonwoo finally, and an uncomfortable hush settled over the clearing.
"Why should I believe you?" voice two finally asked.
"Ask her. And then be a good girl and play with your dolls."
"You ing..." he suddenly heard angry cursing, and his jaw dropped as the door was yanked open. Wonwoo lunged to the left, grabbed Mingyu, and spun him around once. Even as the younger man fell on his with a surprised yelp, Wonwoo pulled the Browning out from under the jacket Minghao had given him and jumped to the right. The first rain of bullets of the shotgun slammed past him, and before a second could follow, he jerked his arm up, and the muzzle of the Browning touched the forehead of the person in front of him.

 

 

"Are you crazy?!" shouted Mingyu, trying to stand up simultaneously, and was shocked to see what Wonwoo was doing.
He held the Browning that had been in Mingyu's holster a moment ago to the forehead of a maybe-12-year-old girl and looked at her angrily.
And before Mingyu could finally react, he was stunned to see the muzzle of a shotgun pointed at Wonwoo's chin.
"You think just because you're three heads taller, I can't spread your brain all over the place?" she hissed angrily.
A shadow appeared behind Wonwoo, and Mingyu simply responded.

 


Behind him, he heard a surprised gasp.
"What... this is none of your business, idiot!" a bright voice suddenly screeched, and Wonwoo looked behind him in wonder. 
The twin sister of the brat in front of him had sneaked up behind him, and Mingyu had stopped her. Wonwoo was stunned to see that he could hold her. She was a trained close combat fighter; her age had never been a disadvantage. But Mingyu's body seemed to remember how to handle a person like this.
He saw Mingyu force a knife out of her hand, and when he got up, he locked her.
"Enough!" a voice finally thundered across the clearing.
Wonwoo stared angrily at the little in front of him for several seconds before slowly lowering the gun; the girl hesitated but then dropped it.
Wonwoo turned around. An older woman stood in the doorway.
"Do you guys have to fight every time?! You see each other maybe three times a year, and you idiots try to ram a bullet in each other's head!" she scolded. Mingyu stared at him in confusion. Wonwoo shook his head.
"He started it." one of the little ones grumbled, but finally, they strolled into the house.
Wonwoo grabbed Mingyu's arm. "Shut up. Don't move. Those two brats may look cute, but there's a reason why I'm going in here completely unarmed. They will blow your head off without hesitation. So let me handle this."
Mingyu nodded, and Wonwoo was about to enter the house when he froze.
"Stay with me, please." Mingyu whispered behind him, and Wonwoo had to use all his willpower not to pull away the hand Mingyu had grabbed. He held it tightly as if his life depended on it.
Wonwoo closed his eyes for a moment. It was a strange feeling. It wasn't just that he had to protect him out of a sense of duty but that he wanted to make him feel safe in everything he did.
"Okay, hyung?" muttered Mingyu, his voice betraying that he was just as uncomfortable with the situation as Wonwoo was.
"Stay behind me in the house. The brats are a problem, but the is extremely moody and often unpredictable."
Mingyu said no more, and Wonwoo took it as silent agreement. He entered the house and had to pull himself together not to stab one of the brats in the eye when he heard their amused chuckle.
"Are we holding hands as the dog that belongs to the owner?"
Mingyu stiffened behind him, but Wonwoo forced himself to stay calm and just passed her. He followed the woman walking in front of him into the living room, and finally, she opened a small door. Wonwoo ducked his head to fit under the low doorframe and groaned in annoyance as a muffled bang and a cry of pain from Mingyu told him that the moron had run full tilt.

 

 

Mingyu tried not to let it show, but it hurt like hell when he ran into the door frame. Wonwoo in front of him stopped, and he almost stumbled into him. He looked around cautiously.
The room was small but crammed with equipment—a few weapons, various grenades, and mountains of black bags.
"Why are you here?" the old woman finally asked.
Mingyu looked at her more closely. She wasn't as old as he had initially thought, but the bucket hat and the way her eyes looked made her seem a bit cruel. 
"Minghao said he signed us up."
"That may be. And he did. But I'm not asking Minghao but you, Wonwoo-ah. Why are you here?"
"I have to leave the country." replied Wonwoo finally.
"Why?" she asked. 
"A job."
Mingyu lowered his eyes. Every time Wonwoo labeled him a job, it hurt. He felt like an object he was transporting from A to B.
"What job?"
"The job behind me. First family member, and some complicated circumstances."
"Does this job have a name too?" 
At that moment, the woman stared at Wonwoo, and Mingyu knew that she was an authority figure who seemed to be above some rules. As he had gotten to know Wonwoo, he was almost submissive.
Wonwoo stared at the floor. "It's irrelevant. Do you have passports or not?" he muttered.
"Sure. But I need want his name."

 

 

"Kim Mingyu."
Wonwoo closed his eyes briefly and squeezed Mingyu's hand to signal him to shut his goddamn mouth when the younger had casually stated his name.
The woman's expression turned from curiosity to disbelief.
"You got to be kidding me, right?" she finally muttered.
"Do I look like a comedian?" Wonwoo retorted.
"Oh, this is so ed up!" She finally laughed."Who is after him?"
"That's the problem. Both families."
Mingyu next to him seemed confused, as usual. And Wonwoo couldn't blame him.
"I must bring him out of the country. Something's wrong in the First family, and since I have him with me, I have to protect him until some... problems are solved. 
"That problem has a name, and I assume?" the was still grinning.
"Can you just do your damn job and give me the passports?" 
He saw that Mingyu opened his mouth to say something, but Wonwoo almost broke his fingers, so the idiot finally understood to be quiet. He whimpered next to him and pulled his hand away.
"I'm used to a lot in your families, but that you, of all people, are supposed to protect him is rock bottom, even for your ing relatives. I would have let him die somewhere. No offense, sweety." she added and threw a fake smile at Mingyu.
Wonwoo gritted his teeth. "Passports?" he asked stubbornly again.
Mingyu beside him radiated a curiosity that almost put more pressure on him than the brat holding the shotgun again.
The woman looked at Wonwoo for a long time and shifted her attention suddenly to Mingyu.
"Don't be surprised if he changes his mind. Everyone was more reassured when you disappeared. I just wanted to let you know that you're showing up again now is a problem."
"Do you have the passports or not?!" Wonwoo could no longer suppress the aggressive undertone in his mood.
Mingyu beside him remained surprisingly calm.
"I have six prepared. You check in with these two..." the woman handed him two of them"... and with these, you can go through security. I'll hack you into the system so Joshua might notice you're at the airport, but he will need to know which plane you're on. You use these passports at the gate..." Wonwoo took two more." So, you should be safe. Your brother probably gave you money?"
"Yes." muttered Wonwoo.
"The lady outside is Minghao's? Could you leave her at the airport? Mia will pick her up later. "
"Mia is fifteen years old. She'll be lucky if her Playmobil doll can ride a motorcycle."
"Shut up, you idiot!" the little girl beside him cursed. "The lady is his, and he'll get her back."
Wonwoo ignored a now completely confused Mingyu and looked at the woman again.
"Will you..."
"Of course, I will get Joshua some passports if he shows up. I have nothing to do with your bull. I'm just a place to go for anyone who brings enough money. So don't try to appeal to my good nature."

 

 

Mingyu had given up, and all that kept him somewhat sane was Wonwoo's hand. It was like the anchor that held him in a world that had been perfectly fine until two weeks ago.
And now everyone seemed to know him, and he was treated like a leper who had hurt everyone he met in the second family even though he didn't even kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter