Prey

Vengeance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[[CONTENTID1] Vegenance[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2] Chapter 1[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3] [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

 

 

Wonwoo took a deep breath.
He leaned a little further forward, still perfectly hidden behind a wall.
He saw his target and sighed in annoyance.
The guy held his daughter in his arms as he came out of the building. She was laughing and playing with his hair.
Maybe four years old.
Ten bodyguards shielded him, but they weren't a problem. They never learned. Politicians were the most accessible professions. From above, it was a piece of cake.
The politician was almost at his car, and the little girl on his arm was clapping and singing something.
His zoom was so close he could see her freckles.

He pointed his rifle slightly to the right and hoped the damn girl didn't move too much. Kids were always a problem on sniper missions. They were unpredictable.

He retook aim, exhaled... and pulled the trigger. He saw the bullet pierce the man's neck. As her father fell backward, the girl looked stunned, her face and white dress covered in blood.
Wonwoo stood up and ignored the commotion behind him.
Mission accomplished.

Mingyu put the milk packets in a white bag and handed it to the older man.
"Thank you for shopping at our supermarket, sir."
He gave him his change.
As the older man left the store, he took a deep breath.
He was tired, and the night shifts were troublesome, but he was paid well during those hours.
Mingyu sat down on a chair and started reading in his math book. At the end of the week, he had a test.
The door opened again.
"I guess studying will have to wait..." he muttered, smiling at the next customer.

"Here's the picture."

Wonwoo took the small photo his boss gave him.
"He's young."
"Does that matter?" his boss asked.
"No, not at all." Wonwoo stated.
"Good job with the politician." his boss handed him the money.
"When?"
"He works in a supermarket in Seoul. That's the exact address. He lives in a good neighborhood, be careful. Just do it at his workplace. He usually works night shifts."
"That makes it pretty easy for me." Wonwoo was satisfied with the location.
"Yes."
"When?" Wonwoo had to plan with his other jobs.
"The sooner, the better. For some reason, he is pretty popular. Other agencies are involved as well."
Wonwoo nodded.

Mingyu woke up.
His head hurt, and he had slept maybe three hours.
He had to work overtime because his colleague was late.
Annoyed, he hit the alarm clock, which stopped ringing to wake him up.
He stumbled into the kitchen.
Mingyu pressed the button on the Coffee machine. He was lazy in the morning. He always prepared it the night before.
He grabbed the cup and sat down at the table. He read the news on his laptop.
It would rain all week.
Another school had been closed.

He frowned. After a press conference, one of the hottest defense minister candidates was shot. The politician had made a wrong impression in the media last week. He had cheated in the previous selection.
His phone rang.
"What?" he answered, already suspecting the reason for the call.
"I love you." a voice purred.

"What do you want?" he laughed, hearing his colleague's voice.
"You know... I met this cute girl, right?"
"Yeah, you told me about it. For three hours. I even know her shoe size."
"She asked me out tonight." his coworker kept on begging him.
"I have a ing exam on Friday. I can't. I have to study."
"You can study in the supermarket too. Please... she is perfect."
"You said that about the last girl too." Mingyu grumbled.
"Help me out, okay? Just this time, I promise."
"Okay, I'll take your shift. But don't forget you owe me a favor then." Mingyu hissed annoyed.
"Thanks!!!" He heard an excited voice.
"I'll see you then."
Mingyu sighed and hung up.
He had planned to study at home tonight, over pizza and beer.
"I am just too damn nice... " he muttered.

Wonwoo was standing across the street. In front of him was the supermarket.
He sighed deeply because this was not the best neighborhood for him. The rooftops were flat so he had not a lot of options to cover, let alone find a proper spot. He had decided on a one shot with his rifle. He would wait for a moment without a customer, shoot a little hole in the window and his target´s body would collapse well hidden behind the counter.
It was a busy street, and a major intersection was nearby.
"This is going to be a pain..." he muttered.

Mingyu was angry with himself.
Tonight, the whole neighborhood seemed to be shopping at the store. He didn't have a chance to concentrate on his studies for more than ten minutes.
This day . In college, he had gotten into a fight with his girlfriend. She had an incredible ability to argue with him publicly and embarrass him. The whole campus was talking about it. And the worst thing was that he had to take this humiliation just because he didn´t want anyone to know that he was not interested in women at all. He came out a few years ago but it was something different to talk about this with his closest friends and family or if the whole campus would talk about him. And the relationship with her was just a benefit for both of them. He avoided strange rumors and she had a crush on one of his friends and tried to get close to him.

- As if he would be interested in her. - Mingyu grinned as he thought about his friend's incredibly handsome boyfriend, and it had taken him almost two weeks to stop staring at him when they were at a club.
There was already a line of five people. He worked quickly but remained polite when he noticed three guys coming into the supermarket.
Mingyu furrowed his brow. They looked strange - he couldn´t point it out but he tensed up a little.
"Here's your change, Sir." he said, handing the bag and money to a customer.
He glanced at the men. They were walking around the supermarket but seemed painfully uninterested in the goods.

Wonwoo stretched his leg. It felt numb.
The market was crowded with people. He had decided to come early to study his target´s movements and habits.
Through his zoom, he saw a math book behind the counter. The guy smiled at each customer and bowed as they left the store.
He saw movements at the front door. He changed the angle of the rifle and zoomed in on three guys entering the market.
"..." Wonwoo gritted his teeth.
He knew these guys. Not their faces, but they weren't customers. They were after his prey. His boss had been right when he'd said more agencies had taken the job. But he never thought they would be so quick.
He checked the time.
Fifteen minutes until the end of the target's shift.

 

 

"Thank you for shopping at the supermarket." he smiled at a woman and handed her the bag and change.
Mingyu felt a little uncomfortable. The three men were still walking around, ignoring the shelves.
"Excuse me, can I help you?" he asked aloud.
One of the men turned to him.
He shook his head.
Mingyu bit his lip. These people seemed... different. They had a dark aura about them. The caps on their faces made them look suspicious.
In five minutes, his shift would be over.
He sighed in relief as they left the market.
Mingyu wasn't a coward, but they had made him nervous.
He turned to try to complete the last task in the book as the door opened again.

He looked up and smiled. "How was your date?" he asked his friends.

 


Wonwoo gritted his teeth.
This had been the chance. When the bastards left the market, he had a perfect view. His hand had already been on the trigger.
But then another person entered the market and went behind the cash register.
He tensed up. The shift was over, and he would be leaving soon.
He could still see the three men standing in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter