005: The Start

Her New Normal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seven Years ago...

"I'm an idiot!" Jinsol said as she repeatedly slammed her palm against the closet door. Her mom had warned everyone that the door was broken, and was almost impossible to open. But, still she let it shut behind her as she searched for a missing jacket. She'd already been stuck in here for five minutes. started to feel scratchy as fear crept in. She wasn't scared of the dark, but she was claustrophobic. Sol banged on the door again, "Anybody! Somebody please!" She did this for a few more minutes, in that time she had accepted the fact that she would be trapped in this tiny closet forever. But, it was right when she gave up hope that she heard something that sparked it again. Her breath caught in , and the front door opened. 

"Hello?" 

She recognized the voice of her brother's best friend instantly. That's what happens when someones been in your life for as long as she could remember. "Sehun!" She yelled, banging on the door again, her hands felt sore. 

"Jinsol?" He asked, and she could hear his voice getting closer.

"I'm in here! I'm in the closet!" She said, tripping over her words. 

Sehun wiggled the handle from outside, "Why are you in there? And why's it locked?" He asked. 

"It's not locked, Stupid. It's stuck." She pushed her shoulder into it while Sehun continued wiggling the handle, but still nothing happened. 

 "Crap," Sehun muttered, "okay stand back I'm going to pull really hard." He looked around, as if Baekhyun or someone would magically materialize and help him. But, he'd used the spare key Mrs. Byun gave his mom to get in--with permission from Baekhyun to hang out in his room, of course. 

Jinsol nodded, not that he could see her. She could hear him tug against the door a few times, and just when she was about to accept that the entire door would just need to be taken off; the unexpected happened and the door suddenly flew open. Sol had been leaning against the back wall, and now she slid down it in relief. She tried to hide her face before Sehun could see, but in her relief her mind had slowed. She knew he saw because suddenly he was squatting down on one knee in front of her. "Why are you crying? Are you alright? How long have you been in h-" he was cut off by a sudden slam. 

Even if she couldn't see it, she knew what had happened. 

They both went quiet...and then her shoulders started to shake again. Sehun didn't know how to deal with emotions, he was only thirteen after all. "Hey, don't cry- I'll open it again!" Just as he went to stand up, her little sniffs dissolved into full on laughter. "You're laughing?" He asked, a breath leaving his lips in that amused sort of way that just made everything feel lighter. 

She leaned her head back against the wall, "Worst knight in shining armor ever." Sehun sat beside her and flicked her forehead. He didn't even think to try and open the door again. 

"You're the one who got stuck to begin with. How'd the door even manage to break?" He asked. 

She shrugged, "Don't ask me." They both went quiet. Sol was still very aware of the fact that she was stuck in a small space, but somehow it actually felt bigger with someone else stuck right there with her. "You're not claustrophobic too are you? Because I don't know when Baekhyun will be back, and I don't need to worry about you when I'm already freaking out." She told him sternly. 

Sehun smirked, she could tell from his voice, "You'd worry about me, Sol? And here I was thinking you didn't like me very much." 

Sol scoffed, "You're Baekhyun's best friend, and my mom yells at me to be nice to you all the time. I have to at least care about you a little." She started mumbling by the end of her sentence. Sol was used to Sehun always being around, sometimes she even thought of him as a friend. That probably had to do with how often Jongin made her hangout with all of them, despite Baekhyun's protests. 

Sehun bit down his smirk, "I didn't know you were claustrophobic." He started standing up as he said it. Walking up to the door, suddenly reminded of the fact that if he could open it from the outside he might be able to from the inside too.

Their eyes had adjusted enough that she could almost see him as he started trying to open it. "Yeah, my mom said I'd gotten myself trapped in a bathroom stall when I was three, she thinks it stems from that." Sol never really talked about it; it was embarrassing to have fears when you were twelve. Sehun pulled down the handle, and rammed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter