020: Midnight

Her New Normal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yubi threw herself into the seat across from Sol at lunch. The first thing she noticed was that Sehun and Baekhyun were sitting a few tables over, instead of with them. That alone wasn't necessarily odd, but the way that Baekhyun seemed to be talking even louder, making sure Sehun's attention stayed on him, was a little off. Yubi doesn't know Baekhyun very well, but she does know that he's been sitting with his girlfriend recently, and that if he was being extra loud it was because he wanted everyone's focus on him and only him. "Did Baekhyun's girlfriend break up with him?" She asked, turning to Sol.

Her friend shook her head, "No." Sol shoved a spoonful of soup into , "Where have you been all week?" She asked, changing the subject as quickly as possible. Yubi made a mental note to pry more later.

"I told you, Kyungsoo has been helping me study in our free time. Well, when we haven't been watching movies." Yubi scratched at her cheek, "My exam was this morning, so now I'm all yours again." She said with a grin.

Sol's eyebrows furrowed at her friend, at the forcefulness in her smile. "You can eat with Kyungsoo and his friends, Yubi." Sol had noticed her friend's absence the past couple of weeks, but she hadn't taken it personally. "Kyungsoo and I are cool, remember?" They'd hung out multiple times since that night at Yubi's apartment. Sol would be lying if she said it wasn't a little bit awkward still, but it was awkward in the way it always is when you have to get used to something new. She over thought things like hugging him now, because it felt different than it did even before they started dating. But it wasn't a bad thing, not like how it had been.

"I know," Yubi waved her off, "I've really just been sitting there so we can study, I wouldn't just ditch our table." She patted the table top like it was some kind of prized possession. "Speaking of Kyungsoo-"

"You seem to do that often." Jongin said, setting his bag down and taking the seat beside Sol. He was wiggling his eyebrows at Yubi, she immediately felt flustered.

She played it off my rolling her eyes, "He's our friend, so, yes, I talk about him often." Jongin put his hands up in the universal sign of  'I'll back off, no need to bite my head off'. "Anyway, Kyungsoo's family friend is opening a club downtown, and told Kyungsoo to bring some friends this weekend for opening night." She had her hands clasped in front of her now, "You both have to come with us! Kyungsoo said if you don't you're a terrible friend." Yubi added as soon as she saw Sol start to shake her head. 

Sol looked to Jongin for help, but he was already smiling, "I'm in." He said.

Jinsol sighed, "Do I have a choice?"

"Not really, no." Yubi said with a massive grin, "Jongin, invite the rest of your guys friends too." 

~~~~

''Yubi, it's literally freezing outside." Sol said, pushing the dress in Yubi's hand away. Friday night had arrived quickly, classes had turned the week into a blur. Sol had spent all of her free time with Jongin studying, or watching movies and drinking hot cocoa when they couldn't handle reading another sentence and trying to remember another name or date. Yubi was busy with work most evenings, and Sol's own house had been mostly empty.  According to text messages she'd received from Sehun, his mother was visiting her sister in Busan, and as soon as Baekhyun caught wind, he demanded he stay over at the Oh household until she got back. 

There was still no word from his dad. 

"It's a club, Sol. You can't wear a snowsuit." Yubi said, putting the dress back in the closet. Yubi was wearing a pair of white knitted-tights, and a black mini-dress that tied in the bow in the back for a more flattering silhouette. She also wore black boots and a white coat that matched the tights. She looked stunning and completely in her element. 

As fun as it was to dress up, Sol didn't feel like freezing. She opted for a pair of black pants that flare out on the bottom, pairing it with a chunky black boot and a long sleeved, red,  wrap-around top that was cropped. She threw a black leather jacket and some gloved on for extra warmth. It was late December, after all. Even though she knew she'd be shedding the coat and gloves as soon as they got to the club. 

Yubi didn't ask the questioning that had been plaguing her mind until both of them were done with their makeup. "We look hot." Yubi said, standing up from Sol's vanity chair and grabbing her purse off the ground where she'd discarded it earlier. Sol smiled, grabbing her own off her bed. "You especially." She added. 

Sol rolled her eyes, "Shut up." 

Yubi smiled, "I'm serious, I mean ask anyone--better yet ask Sehun. He'll be there right?" 

"Ah," Sol said, opening her bedroom door and gesturing for Yubi to go first. "That's what you've been wanting to ask all night. Yes, he'll be there." Sol confirmed as they made their way downstairs. Her mom was off somewhere, she didn't ask where, so it was just the two girls in the house currently. "And I'm not asking him that." 

Yubi sighed, "Sol, you need to be bold! You can't just pull back because of your idiot brother." 

Sol had let the whole Baekhyun thing slip to Yubi earlier. Yubi had noticed a lack of Sehun and Baekhyun at their lunch table, and finally after lunch today she decided she needed to know why that was. Sol had explained that Baekhyun practically had Sehun on lockdown, and had been doing everything he could to make sure his sister and best friend didn't have any chance to talk when he wasn't around. Even when he was, Sol had noticed that he spent the whole time looking between Sehun and Jinsol, like he was going to catch them making heart eyes at each other or something. Even though that was ridiculous, because Sehun had already assured him that they were not together. The past week has been a long, and weird one. "Yubi, he's a friend. We are not together, I don't have to be bold or anything else other than myself around him." 

Yubi squealed, "Awww! You can be yourself around him~" She pitched her voice up and did a dramatic twirl out of the front door.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter