012: Observer

Her New Normal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Monday came around, forcing everyone back into reality after a Sunday night full of lazing around. In the same way it was customary to set goals for a new year, Sol set goals for a new week. At the top of this list, in her most meticulous handwriting, she wrote: be more approachable. Whatever that means. 

"Your shoes untied." 

Sol's head swirled to the side, her heart doing that weird beat it did everytime Luhan spoke to her. He had the widest smile as he pointed down at her right shoe, which, just as he said, had come untied. "Oops." Sol squeaked, setting her books in her locker and going down on one knee. Luhan proceeded to sink down to her level, his side resting against the wall of lockers. It was probably the cutest thing Sol had ever witnessed in her life. 

"I feel like I've barely seen you recently." He noted, watching as she fumbled with the laces under his gaze. 

Sol finally managed to make the bow, but she didn't stand up, instead she just looked up at him. "I sit at the same table everyday." She said with a playful sort of smile. 

Luhan nodded, "I mean outside of school, Sol. You went to that one party with us then turned into a recluse, you even took Jongin away with you." He said with the absolutely adorable pout that he didn't wear nearly enough. Usually when someone pouted Sol had to try not to gag, but Luhan's was so innocent that she genuinely found it endearing. "It feels as if he was just biding time hanging out with us why you were gone." 

She snorted, "Is this your way of reprimanding me for taking up your friend's time?" Sol leaned against the locker too, hoping it took the pain in her ankles away, "He was my best friend first." She noted. 

Now it was Luhan's turn to laugh, "Oh, you can keep him. Actually, this is my way of inviting  you over to my place for a little game night tomorrow night, I was hoping some guilt would get you to agree." He looked at her with those big deer eyes. 

"You definitely don't need to guilt me into coming. I'll be there." 

Luhan threw his fist up in a cheer at the same time that Jongin appeared, dropping to the floor in front of both of them. "Did one of you drop a contact?" He asked. "Sehun wanted me to tell you guys the ground is gross, and that you should get up." Jongin pointed down the hall, where Sehun was at his own locker, not even sparing them a glance. 

Luhan chuckled, standing up then offering Sol a hand, which she took. Jongin hopped up like a little rabbit. "No, Sol was just tying her shoelace." He winked at her, so quick Jongin didn't even catch it. 

"Ah, well we should probably get to class," Jongin said, colliding his shoulder into Sol's. 

"Same, I'll see you guys later." Luhan said, waving before walking off in the opposite direction. 

Jongin had enough sense to wait for Luhan to walk away, but not enough to care that Sehun was walking towards them. "Will you ever not have the hots for him?" 

Sol rolled her eyes, "You know I hate that word." 

"That's not an answer to his question." Sehun pointed out, clearing his throat as he stood beside her. 

She ignored the weird feeling she always got around him, "His question is stupid, and he knows the answer." Jongin gave her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter