014: Games (Pt. 1)

Her New Normal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"You should have told me sooner!" Yubi groaned on the other side of the phone. "Kyungsoo and I already made plans to go see that new action movie." 

Sol sighed, throwing herself onto the couch in her living room. "Without me?" She pouted up at the ceiling, hoping it didn't carry to the other line through her voice. 

"Yes, you already said you didn't want to see it, so don't try to make me feel guilty." Yubi said defensively. Sol didn't remember the aforementioned conversation, but it does sound like something she would have said; plus it would be hypocritical of her to be mad at Yubi for hanging out with a mutual friend without her, since Sol spent a lot of free time with Jongin since they arrived back home. It was good that her friends didn't just wait around for her, but it would be a lie to say she didn't feel that sting of being left out. Even though it was apparently by choice, and, plus, she did have other plans.

"Fine, I hope you have fun at the movies," Sol finally said, forcing a bright tone in her voice to hide the disappointment that Yubi couldn't join the game night. 

"O-of course! You too, Sol!" The line went dead before Sol could even fully understand what words had left her best friend's mouth. Sol blinked at her phone before jutting out her bottom lip and throwing the device to the side.  

"Are you seriously throwing a fit right now?" Baekhyun's voice made Sol turn her head, which was currently hanging off the end of the couch. 

She rolled her eyes, "I'm not throwing a fit." She said in a voice that very much made it sound like she was, in fact, throwing a fit. 

Baekhyun laughed at his sister, sometimes it was nice to be reminded that he was the older sibling. "Are you going to ride to Luhan's with Jongin? I'd let you drive with me but I have to go pick up Joohyun, and you'd kinda cramp my style sooo..." 

Sol sat up, "Don't worry, I'll find my own ride. I wouldn't want to interfere." She sounded anything except sincere. Baekhyun was currently dating Bae Joohyun, who's one of the best known women at their university. It truly eludes Sol how these beautiful women keep falling for her doofus of a brother. Hopefully Joohyun stays around longer, Sol has only spoken to her a couple of times, but she seemed pretty perfect for Baekhyun, honestly. 

Baekhyun ruffled Sol's hair as she walked past him, "Great! See you later." 

Sol mumbled a response as she headed for the stairs to go get ready. 

~~~~~

Sol assumed the game night was going to be their group of friends, Baekhyun's new beau, and maybe a couple of strangers. So, she didn't put too much thought into the jeans, white converse, and oversized white hoodie she threw on. As much as she hates to admit it, she does tend to put a lot of effort into her clothes, not just because she wants to look nice for herself, but also because she wants people to perceive her as put-together and even cool. Maybe she was just projecting, but she never believed the people who say they only dress for themselves and that other people's opinions don't play even a small part of it. Do they not even ponder how people will see them for a second?
Byun Jinsol is not vain, but she does care. 

Sol tucked strands of her hair behind her ears as she put on a pair of white earmuffs. It was getting colder with every passing day. She knew time tended to move slower during days like these, and she savored that. 

The keys in her hand jostled against each other as she locked the front door. She hadn't managed to secu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter