016: Invitation

Her New Normal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It's rare for Oh Sehun to wake up with a smile on his face. It just isn't the kind of person he is--or he wasn't that kind of person, until today. He can feel the twitch of his lip as he blinks the lasting effects of sleep out of his eyes. "Hm." He clears his throat, grabbing his phone off his nightstand and checking the time. He should have felt a spike of anxiety upon seeing that he had all of twenty minutes to get ready for classes, but instead he just felt a pinch. Pushing the blankets away, he used his free hand to scroll through his contacts until he got to the one he hadn't had a reason to call in years. He pressed it, letting it ring in his ear as he grabbed some clothes out of his closet. After what felt like forever, a unsure voice finally broke through the static. 

"Hello?" 

"Let's have lunch together." He would hate to admit that his breath caught in his throat as he waited for an answer. 

Jinsol made a confused sound, "We eat together all the time." She finally said, the sound of what he assumed was her bedroom door shutting in the background. 

"I know,  but I have to ask you something, so I wanted to make sure you were free." He wanted to hear her voice immediately. 

"Why can't you just ask me now?" She sounded skeptical. 

Sehun shrugged, "Because, I like to gauge your reaction to things, and I can't do that as easily over the phone." 

She laughed, and it was a fantastic sound, "I'll see you at school, bye, Sehun." She didn't wait for him to say bye, she just hung up. Gosh, Sehun thought, I missed that. 

~~~~

Sol was already sitting down and doodling on a blank page of her notebook when Sehun got to class. He watched her as he walked to what had become their seats--except now he didn't leave any empty between them. She startled as he pulled his seat out. "I thought you weren't going to come." She said, eyeing him. 

Sehun raised an eyebrow, "Why wouldn't I?" 

"You were making it sound like I wouldn't see you till lunch, and class starts in like two minutes." She started mumbling towards the end, like she was embarrassed to have even thought about it enough to come to that conclusion. 

"That was just so I could make sure you were free, remember? I have something I need to tell you." 

"You could have asked if I'd be at class, you could ask me now." She pointed out, throwing her pen down and practically boring her eyes into his soul. He couldn't handle it, he looked at the wall behind her. 

"I didn't think about that." He shrugs. 

Sol scoffed, "So you decided to call and bug me early in the morning because you didn't want to take the time to think ahead thirty minutes?" 

Sehun's eyes had drifted back onto her, the way they always did...he almost decided to bite back the reply that immediately popped back into h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter