003: Low Tolerance

Her New Normal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jinsol wouldn't call herself a party person. But, that was because there was a line between being a party person and liking to party occasionally. 

Jinsol yawned as she stepped out of the bathroom, scrunching her hair with a towel. It was weird, being back in her house but it being so far from how she remembered it. There used to be a recliner downstairs in the living room, it was brown and had seen every horror a well-loved chair possible could. That chair wasn't in its spot anymore, now there was some new black leather one her mom must have bought. It stung to think of how she'd never see her dad in that exact chair in that exact spot again--but it wasn't like she couldn't go and see him at his apartment. That didn't stop the fact that for the first time since freshman year she felt regret for leaving. 

The sound of the doorbell ringing made Jinsol beeline for the stairs. When she opened it, she was met by the grinning face of her friend. "Helllooo~" She drew out as she pushed past Jinsol into the house. "I brought you an outfit, since I don't trust you to dress properly for a party,"

"I'm plenty capable of picking out my own clothes, Yubi." Some would even go as far as saying she's fashionable. 

Yubi nodded her head, "I know but you've never been to a college party, they're completely different from the high school parties Kyungsoo took us to in California, at least according to my sister." 

And there it was. "That must be a new record for how long it took you to bring him up." Jinsol noted as she led her upstairs to her room. Yubi closed the door behind them.

"Have you talked to him? He's back in Korea too." Suddenly her friends usually peppy voice was dead serious. 

Jinsol shook her head, "No, but we'll see him next week won't we?" She tried to shake the nervousness from her voice. "I really don't want to talk about him, todays already been so long." She knew she needed to tell Yubi about her parents, among other people, but she simply wanted to act like none of that existed for as long as she could. 

Yubi stared at her in the judgmental way only a really close friend can. "Fine. But you can't just ignore him." She glanced at Jinsol's phone that had seemingly been thrown on her bed earlier, as if she just knows there's a plethora of unread messages just waiting for Jinsol. Which she probably does, afterall Kyungsoo was friends with both of them. He was the third and final student chosen for the study abroad program, that's how the three of them got to know each other. They'd managed to all stay friends, and then Kyungsoo and Jinsol became a little bit more than that, and might have messed that all up. It was a story as old as time, Jinsol hated the fact that they'd played right into a cliche.

"I..." she can't say that she won't. "I think we should start getting ready, it's already six-thirty." She finally said, "Show me what you brought." 

Yubi brightened as she grabbed the oversized shoulder bag she brought with her. "Okay, you're gonna hate it buuuttt" she drew out the last word as she rummaged through the bag. When she finally pulled it out, Jinsol's face fell, and Yubi's grew even more excited.

Jinsol sighed, "Why would you bring something you knew I wouldn't like." She asked, eyeing the dress. 

Yubi rolled her eyes, "Because it's nice and simple, and you'll look great in it." 

Jinsol grumbled as she ushered Yubu out of the room, and pointed to the bathroom so she could change too. 
She looked in the mirror after zipping up the dress, and honestly it wasn't horrible at all. The white dress is made of  an almost silk feeling material, it has a square neckline, and cinched in at the waist before flaring out and stopping right above her knees. The thing is, Jinsol didn't usually wear just white, it was bright and she tended to stay away from things that made her feel overly noticable. It wasn't because she didn't think it was beautiful, it was just a matter of what made her feel comfortable. So, she grabbed a black mens-dress shirt out of her suitcase. She put it on, and immediately the outfit felt more like something she would have picked out herself. Especially after putting on a gold-airplane-necklace that she's had for as long as she could remember, and a pair of black boots. She was surprised the boots still fit, since the last time she wore them she'd been thirteen--I guess it was a good thing her mom always made her buy things a size up. 

"Can I come in yet?" Yubi asked from the otherside of the door. Jinsol walked over and opened the door, doing a little twirl as soon as she did. "Ooo! I like it!" 

"Thanks," she mused. Yubi was also wearing a similar dress, which wasn't surprising since she'd do anything to convince someone to wear matching clothes--she thinks it's the cutest thing--though hers was dark blue and paired with a pair of white boots (which she was holding in her hands) and a pearl necklace. "My makeup is in my green suitcase, I'm going to go blow-dry my hair." Yubi gave her an 'OK' sign. 

She could hear Baekhyun screaming at his video game the whole time she was doing her hair---and she thinks that mixture of sound was the reason her brain started feeling like it was pounding against her skull. 

"There you are!" Yubi said as soon as Jinsol walked in. "Does my makeup look good?" She asked. 

Jinsol nodded. She put some of her own makeup on before throwing herself on her bed. But, just before she could drift off, her bedroom door flew open. "You ready?" Baekhyun as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter