Chapter 7

Love You From A Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Don't forget to leave a comment and tell me what do you think about this chapter :)

Rosé took advantage of Suzy's sleep to go downstairs. She was standing in the living room, her phone slipped through her fingers and she had to bite her lower lip hard to hold back the tears that welled up in her eyes as the torrent of emotions flooded her chest. She let out a sob, and seconds later her knees were of the floor as she cradled her face in her hands and cried.

She cried for what happened to Suzy, she cried for all the pain her best friend was going through while she was thinking that she abandoned her. She cried thinking of all the happy moments they spent in this house,  she cried remembering how she was so close to confessing her feelings the night Suzy's left and how she regretted not doing it.

After she stopped crying, Rosé went back upstairs, and Suzy was still sleeping. She sat down on the armchair facing the bed and watched her face, noticing her peaceful expression, feeling grateful to have her there with her in spite of everything.

She leaned more comfortably against the back of the armchair, feeling her body relax as her eyelids grew heavier.

~~~~

She didn't know at what point she slept, but there was something comfortable against her face and soft sensation that started on her scalp as she felt a hand moving locks of her hair from side to side and Rosé became more and more aware of her surroundings.

When her eyes opened, she had to blink a few times in order to see her surroundings clearly and her heart raced in her chest when she realized that she was lying with her face turned sideways and pressed against the mattress of the bed. She could see that Suzy  absentmindedly continued to run her fingers across her hair, and before Rosé could close her eyes again to enjoy the moment, Suzy turned her head and her gaze was immediately on her.

'' I'm sorry, i didn't mean to wake you up.'' Suzy immediately withdrew her hand and Rosé wanted to beg her not do because she missed her touch.

'' You didn't wake me up.'' Rosé spoke back. She pulled her face away from the bed as she sat upright again.

'' It didn't seem like a comfortable position. I wanted to wake you up but you looked like you needed a rest.'' The light in the room was still low.

'' Thanks for the compliment.'' Rosé mocked and Suzy laughed softly. The sound of her laughter made Rosé smile, and as much as her feelings were still confusing her, it was one of the best feelings to hear Suzy's laughter again.

Rosé stood up from the sofa and placed a hand on Suzy's shoulder '' How are you feeling now ? ''

The closeness made Rosé's heart skip a beat as she saw brown eyes fixed on her. She was barely holding herself from coming closer.

" Good.'' Suzy whispered, still not taking her eyes away from Rosé '' You don't have to worry.'' She held out one of her hands, and Rosé interlocked their fingers '' I am fine, it only happens when i overexert myself.''

'' Is it chronic ? '' The words came chocked out of . She would tear up every time she remembered what Suzy told her.

'' I won't know until the surgery. '' She squeezed Rosé's hand.

'' Surgery ? ''

'' The doctor told me that i need to wait one year to have the last surgery on my back. It may not be unnecessary. But he can't make a decision until he sees the progress.'' Her thumb moved back and forth across Rosé's hand.

'' I won't leave your side, i'll be here with you every step of the way.'' Rosé  her face softly '' I'm happy you came back to me, Su.''

'' I'm happy i came back to you, Chaeng.'' Suzy replied softly.

Suzy's phone rang, interrupting the moment they were sharing.

'' Hello. Ji Eun calm down, i'm fine, i'm fine.'' Suzy said softly '' I spent the night at Chaeyoung's house. Do you have a shift tonight ? yes, yes me too.'' 

Rosé opened and closed her hands trying to get the blood circulating though her body. Her face was now burning with anger.

'' You want to kidnap me tonight ? '' Rosé watched Suzy smile as she continued to talk to her 'childhood friend' from France. Rosé hated Ji Eun with a burning passion. It was obvious that she was in love with Suzy. She couldn't help but feel angry knowing that Ji Eun was the one who was there for Suzy after the accident. She hated her for not telling her the truth.

'' I'll see you later. I love you too. Take care.'' Rosé's heart broke when she saw how happy the call made Suzy. She should have confessed years ago. It's too late to do that now. Ji Eun and Suzy must have grown even closer during the time they spent in France. Ji Eun was a doctor, she was probably the one who took care of her and comforted her.

Rosé couldn't explain what she was feeling at the moment. She was completely flooded with disappointment. She hated that she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter