Chapter 1

Love You From A Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don't forget to leave a comment and tell me what do you think about the first chapter

It was a cold Sunday morning. Rosé shoved her hands inside the pockets of the jacket closed all the way up to her chin, kept her head down trying to keep the cold wind from battering her eyes. The way to her favorite coffee shop was very familiar to her, it was a path she took mornings when she didn't have courses and needed some time to think about life and all the adult stuff she had to deal with.

She sat at one of the more seculded tables on the far end of the rooftop seating area.  She knew she should have stayed inside instead of the rooftop but the cold air brought a different feeling inside her. She watched all the people coming and going, most of them were faces she saw more than once. 

She took a sip of her hot coffee and looked up again and that's when she saw her.

She was sitting at one of the tables in front of her, facing Rosé. She was deeply engrossed in a book, playing with a pencil she held in her hand, paying little mind to the world around her.

Rosé drank some more as she continued to watch her, there were not many people around them and she couldn't take her eyes off the woman in front of her. The woman shook her hair, which was whipped by the wind, and with her hands she closed the thick brown overcoat she had on over her clothes, seeking warmth. A loose tendril of hair dangled over the right side of her face as she furrowed her brows in concentration.

Rosé drank more of the coffee, and then another sip, and another, and another as she resigned herself to staring  at this mystery woman who didn't look up from her book once.

She looked at her watch and knew it was time to leave. Her steps were fast as  she passed the woman's table. 

And then she stopped.

Rosé stopped because when she passed her, her hand was quick to catch her wrist and Rosé froze because her touch was warm and soft.

'' Are you done staring at me from afar ? '' She asked before Rosé could even process her touch on her wrist '' Hello.''

'' H-Hi '' Rosé stuttered, her cheeks feeling warm after being caught staring at the beautiful woman.

'' Well ? '' She asked again, letting out a soft smile '' Do you want to sit down ? ''

'' Yes '' The answer came out in an exhale.

The woman patted the chair next to her. Rosé slowly sat down, not being able to look at her face because she was analyzing her. She was doing it with a straight face, not caring that Rosé was sitting right next to her.

'' Is there a reason why you have been watching me from afar since you came ? '' She asked as she drank some of her coffee.

'' I have never seen you here before.'' Rosé replied.

'' Do you always come here ? '' She asked again.

'' Yes, every morning. This place brings me so much peace.'' Rosé told her.

'' So you wake up every morning at 6 to come here ? '' The woman asked before letting out a giggle '' I could never imagine myself doing this ! ''

'' I'm a morning person. '' Rosé shrugged '' And you ? what are you doing here ? ''

'' I'm revising for an exam.'' She answered as she sighed.

Rosé eyed the book in front of the woman '' Are you a law student ? ''

The woman nodded '' Yes, i moved to Seoul last week and i'm spending most of my time in offices dealing with paperwork than actually attending classes '' She frowned and Rosé raised her eyebrows in confusion '' I used to live in France.''

" Oh, that's awesome ! '' Rosé paused '' And how do you like Seoul ? ''

'' It's cold '' The woman answered with a grimace '' I'm Suzy, by the way.''

Rosé continued to remain silent '' Rosé '' She pointed to herself '' That's me.'' She pointed to herself

'' Are you nervous about the exam ? '' Rosé added.

'' No, not really. I think i'll do fine '' Suzy shrugged.

'' I'm sure you will.'' It was her last sip of coffee and she'd be without a means of escape from her intense gaze on her face. Suzy looked at her curiously, and the smile never left her face which made Rosé wonder if she was making a fool of herself.

Before she could think of anything else to say, She saw Suzy lookin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter