Chapter 11

Love You From A Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don't forget to leave a comment and tell me what you think about this chapter

Nothing like waking up with a terrible headache. Sweating, desolating and empty. Suzy thought that drowning her sorrows with wine was a fantastic idea. Right now, the hangover was proving her wrong. Dead wrong.

She tried to open her eyes, fluttering her lids, striving to adjust her vision. The excruciating pain behind her eyes made her feel nauseous. With a lot of effort, she managed to push her body up. She sat in the middle of her king-size bed. She tried to open her eyes again but dizziness hit her harder. Her eyes were immediately shut. She clutched the sheets in tight fists. It felt like her bed was swaying side to side.

A single teardrop fell her from eye, making its way down her cheek.

Chaeyoung.

'' Did she really kiss her best friend last night ? '' Suzy wondered. How real was everything ? Chaeyoung pushing her away when she kissed her, her confessing that she was in love with her. Chaeyoung crying by her bedside, holding her hand.

Suzy wished this was a bad nightmare right now. She thought she has had her feelings under control for years now. What has she done ? And from Chaeyoung's reaction, she can tell that her best friend was taken aback by her sudden confession. She was trying not to hurt her feelings. She literally pushed her away and asked her to stop when she kissed her. She ruined everything.

Suzy pressed her right hand to her diaphragm, drawing in a few slow breaths before opening her eyes. With careful movements, she swinged her legs over the side of the bed, unsteadily stood up, and almost fell.

'' Good afternoon, Suzy. I thought you'd sleep all day.''  Ji Eun watched Suzy rub her temples in circles '' You can't possibly think that you can drink all night and not suffer with the after effects.''

Suzy sighed '' You don't have a lecture me right now. I'm already regretting this decision.''

'' There's aspirin on your bedside.'' She whispered '' And yes, you should regret your decision. You are compromising your recovery and you should know better than to do that.''

'' Yes, yes. I know Dr. Lee.'' Suzy joked as she took the pill.

Ji Eun crossed her arms, clearly unamused '' Rosé called me so early in the morning and i was stuck at work. I took the day off as soon as she told me to come get you. You were completely passed out.''

The memories of the day replayed in Suzy's brain. Their fight. The kiss. The confession. It was not a dream. It was was real life.

'' Did you have another fight ? '' Ji Eun's voice snapped her out of her thoughts '' She seemed upset.'' 

Suzy sighed. She tried to find the right words but tightened, making it quite hard to breathe. She felt sad and guilty. She was scared that things between her and Rosé might never be the same, ever again. 

Tears have become her new companion ever since she had that accident. She is broken. She is losing Rosé. She'll end up alone.

Ji Eun stepped closer as she sat down on the bed. She held her hand and her knuckles softly with her thumb, trying to give her some comfort as she cried.

Suzy has been the tougher friend. She has always been strong and persistent. She was always ready for any challenges life would throw her way. But everything changed after her father's death and the accident. Seeing Suzy this fragile, downhearted, in pieces wasn't easy for Ji Eun. 

''What happened between you two ? '' Ji Eun finally spoke again. Suzy was looking down, at their intertwined hands. Ji Eun reached out and softly gripped her chin, gently asking her to look at her.

'' Chaeyoung doesn't feel the same way and i may have ruined our friendship for good.'' Suzy sniffed '' It's always a fight after another with her. And i'm so tired of fighting with her but at the same time i can't stop the feelings i have for her.'' The revelation startled Ji Eun. She has guessed right. Suzy had feelings for Rosé and it was so obvious. She still remembers Suzy whispering Rosé's name as soon as she woke up after the accident. She still remembers Suzy refusing to tell Rosé about what happened because she wanted her best friend to focus on her career instead of throwing her future away to take care of someone who might never be able to walk again. 

'' Ji Eun, i'm sorry, i shouldn't have said - ..''

Ji Eun squeezed Suzy's hand '' Suzy, it's okay. I've known about your feelings for a while '' She paused as she smiled '' But that doesn't mean  i'm going to give up on trying to make you fall for my charms '' Suzy chuckled '' What are you going to do now ? ''

'' To be honest, i don't even know what i'm going to do.'' She confessed with a heavy sigh '' Now that i know Chaeyoung doesn't have any romantic feelings for me, i'll continue being her best friend but i'll try to move on. I don't want to lose her.''

'' Are you sure you don't want to give it a try ? Maybe she'll give you a chance '' She paused '' I confessed my feelings and look we are still friends and nothing has changed between us.''

Suzy shook her head '' Me and Chaeyoung are not the same person. '' She squeezed Ji Eun's hand '' I thought i've completely moved on when i went back to France. I would have given you a chance if it weren't for my accident getting in the way.'' She looked at Ji Eun '' But i knew i was lying to myself the moment i saw Chaeyoung again after six years. My feelings for her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter