Chapter 2

Love You From A Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don't forget to leave a comment :) your reviews make my day

" What's wrong, Rosé ? You've been off lately. Did something happen ? '' Lisa finally broke the ice, slightly worried.

Two agonizing weeks, 15 torturous days, 360 hellish hours. Rosé spent two entire weeks staring at her phone screen, unsure if she should call Suzy.

Suzy and her may have had their share of fights and arguments throughout their years of friendship, but they have always made their way around it just fine. However, this time, from that last fight, it has been taking long to one of the sides to talk to the other.

Rosé was not used to this deafening silence. It was kind of torture not knowing anything about Suzy, how she's doing, what she's thinking.

Rosé shrugged, offering her friends, who had noticed how their usually enthusiastic friend has been quiet in the last few days, an uneven smile '' Nothing's wrong.''

The group changed an unsure look '' I noticed you haven't wrote a single thing in the past few days '' Jennie said '' Writer's block?''

'' So what are we doing today? '' Rosé tried to change the subject.

'' I don't know what's wrong with you but i know someone who can cheer you up '' Jisoo said excitedly '' Let me give Suzy a call.''

Just hearing Suzy's name, her heart broke a little more. she sighed loudly '' Don't call her.''

'' Hey! Did something happen between the two of you? '' Lisa asked.

'' Suzy and i had a fight. We haven't spoken for two weeks.'' Rosé finally looked up, three pairs of confused eyes were staring at her. She swallowed around the lump that has formed in , an almost unbearable urge to cry her lungs out. But she held it.

'' That explains her bad mood at work.'' Jisoo said. She was also a lawyer who worked at the same place as Suzy '' I thought she was stressed because of work.'' she paused '' Want to talk about it ? ''

Guilt and remorse suddenly hit Rosé.

'' It's that guy's fault. What was his name again? Nam Joo Hyuk '' She sighed deeply '' The guy's father is blackmailing her but she wants to stand against him just to get that judge's position... I think this is a stupid idea'' She paused '' I know she's extremely smart and talented but she graduated from law school like two years ago. It's way too early to be aiming for bigger goals.''

'' You told her that? '' Jennie's eyes widened

'' Not with these same exact words... '' Rosé shrugged  '' I told her that she shouldn't involve herself in this mess unless she's fine with marrying that guy to benefit her career then i told her to just gave up on being a judge.'' 

Her words earned a scolding look from Jisoo. All her friends loved Suzy, but Jisoo admired Suzy. She has seen her at work and she couldn't help but compliment the lawyer whenever an opportunity presented itself.

'' Whether she marries the guy or becomes a judge, or even fights these people, it's not about you so why do you think it's a stupid idea? You know how much she loves her job.'' Jisoo said.

'' I know, but she asked for my opinion and i gave it '' Rosé replied '' I mean, this is also affecting our friendship.''

'' But she needed your support Rosé! That's all she was asking of you.'' Jennie advised her.

Rosé shook her head '' Can't you guys see? What if she actually marries the guy? i don't want her to marry someone she doesn't love just for her career '' 

Lisa smiled '' That really sounds like a huge problem for you. '' She paused ''That's her decision not yours unless you will finally have the courage to confess that you love her more than a friend.''

Rosé looked down, avoiding her friends' stares. She wanted to tell Lisa that she was wrong. But deep down, she knew she wasn't.

'' I'm going back to writing'' She stood up. Without saying any more, she left the restaurant.

'' Rosé, wait! '' Jennie jogged towards her, taking this opportunity to openly talk to the writer without the presence of her friends.

'' What?''

'' You should tell her about your feelings. You have been keeping this to yourself for long enough. No telling Suzy what she really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter