Chapter 5

Love You From A Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your comments always motivate me to update faster :)

A knocking on the door forced Suzy to get dressed quickly in her robe, she has ordered dinner just ten minutes ago.

'' I'm coming. I'm coming.'' She walked to the door opening it, expecting to find her food on the opposite side.

'' Rosé! '' To say she was surprised was an understatement.

'' Can i come in or...'' Rosé pointed out inside, holding a bag. Suzy could see that her best friend was nervous.

'' Yes, yes. Please.'' Suzy gestured for her to walk in and closed the door. Thankfully, Ji Eun had a 24-hour shift at the hopsital today.

'' Sorry i was just waiting for my dinner.'' Suzy pointed at herself as she tried to recollect the thoughts running in her head.

'' At this time ? '' Rosé gave a quick look at her watch. It was very late for dinner.

'' I was busy studying a case and i didn't notice the time.'' Suzy chuckled.

'' Look- I can come back another time when you are not having dinner.'' Rosé suddenly stood up.

'' We could share. I bet you haven't eaten yet.'' Suzy replied and Rosé hated how much she knew her.

'' I guess, alright.'' Rosé nodded, taking the seat and running a hand through her hair.

'' Why did you move to another house? This place looks expensive.'' Rosé asked. Being a lawyer, money was definitely not a problem for her friend but Rosé wondered why she moved to another house when she already had one.

'' I know, but it's closer to your house..'' Suzy lowered her head and fidgeted with her ring.

'' And you were hoping that i would forgive you this easily just because you bought a house closer to mine ? '' Rosé asked suddenly.

'' No. I actually thought you would tell me to just go back to France and never come back.'' Looking back up into Suzy's eyes. Did she look this broken and tired the last time they met?

'' If i'm the only thing that's keeping you here then we can solve this.'' Both of Rosé's hands rested on the table '' What have you done all this time? Where have you been? ''

'' Chaeng, i'm sorry. I shouldn't have left the way i did. I am sorry.''

Suzy's sincere apologies felt like a punch in the stomach. Rosé knew they have a lot to talk about, and they will talk. But there was no one in this world that could easily sweep her out of her feet and make her feel in the clouds like Suzy. She would never be able to stay mad at her best friend for long but  she couldn't get over the pain and hurt that she caused her.

'' Can i get a hug, Chaeng? '' She pleaded, not caring much about showing vulnerability. All she wanted was to feel Rosé close to her.

Rosé slowly leaned until their upper parts connected. She sniffed Suzy's hair, filling her lungs with the sweetest and unique smell that she missed.

A knock on the door popped their bubble, and as soon as Rosé's eyes spotted the figure standing only meters away from them, her blood boiled.

'' What is she doing here? '' The displeasure in her tone was evident. She hated Lee Ji Eun with a burning passion. She spent six years

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter