Chapter 16

Love You From A Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One year ago 

'' Oh my god, look!''

Ji Eun yelled as she stopped in her tracks. She pointed to one end of the parking lot, breaking Suzy's train of thought as she did.

'' What ? ''

'' It's a shopping cart.'' Ji Eun stated, deadpan.

Suzy looked at the cart in confusion, '' And ? ''

'' Don't you know what you're meant to do when you have a shopping cart in an empty parking lot ? ''

'' Uh... no ? '' Suzy replied.

'' Hop in.''

Suzy scoffed '' What !''

'' You heard me, hop in.''

'' I'm not getting into a shopping cart, Ji Eun.'' Suzy's eyes were wide.

'' Come on, please ?''

'' No!''

'' Pretty please ?''

'' Ji Eun!''

'' Don't you trust me ? ''

Suzy shot another unbelieving look at Ji Eun and sighed loudly.

'' I can't believe i'm actually about to do this,'' She muttered.

The corners of Ji Eun's lips raised impossibly high. It took a few minutes of repeatedly trying and failing, the doctor's arms steady against her waist each time Suzy messed up her footing, but she eventually managed to find a bar on the side of the cart that was the perfect height for her to use as a step.

When she finally settled into the shopping cart, Ji Eun released her hold on Suzy, instead placing her hands on the handlebars.

'' Okay, are you ready ? ''

'' No.''

'' Hold on tight'' Ji Eun laughed.

'' If i break my back, i'm going to kill you.''

'' Stop being dramatic, Suzy.''

Suzy brought her hands up to the side of the cart, her knuckles turning white from the vice-like grip she placed on the railings.

'' Now this is a great way to end our day.'' Ji Eun pushed the cart slowly.

'' And it's going to be the last time i hang out with you''

Despite being cold, the breeze of Paris's night refreshingly tickled her face and her hair flying behind her actually felt kind of nice. When the cart eventually came to a full stop, she shifted her body to fully turn and face Ji Eun.

Ji Eun had the widest smile on her face '' So ? Wasn't that fun ? ''

Suzy truly couldn’t put into words how happy the last few minutes had made her.  How something as simple as being wheeled around under the dim lights of the parking garage had made her feel so euphoric. 

Locking eyes with Ji Eun, her best friend reached her hand out and placed it on the back of Suzy's neck. Ji Eun gently leaned in. A moment passed with them simply looking at each other.

'' I'm going to kiss you now,'' Ji Eun whispered.

'' Okay.''

Ji Eun grazed her lips against Suzy's, the touch soft, filled with hesitance. Suzy seemed to be just as hesitant. After a few moments, Suzy realized what was happening and abruptly pulled away, leaving them both gasping for air.

'' Help me out'' Suzy said, refusing to meet her eyes.

Ji Eun extended a hand to Suzy and help her safely land on the ground. Suzy wasted no time letting go of her hand.

'' Suzy, i know i shouldn't have done that. but - ''

Suzy was still avoiding her gaze '' No, i gave you permission. I'm equally at fault too.''

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter