Chapter 6

Love You From A Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please don't forget to leave a comment and tell me what you think about this chapter

Rosé waited a few days after she got Suzy's number. Her phone was staring at her from the empty pillow next to her.

' Hey Suzy, it's Chaeyoung. Your co-worker gave me your number. I hope that's alright. If you have time, can we set up a time to meet up ? '

She hit send before she can second guess her words. Her phone chimed and she felt sick. She hadn't expected a reply from Suzy right away. She thought she would be at work. It was the middle of the day on a Monday.

' Hi, Chaeyoung. Sure, when ? ''

' Today? '

' Now ? I'll come pick you up.'

' Now ? can you give me at least one hour to get ready ? ' 

'No.'

Rosé quickly hoped that she can shower and get ready before Suzy comes. She quickly disappeared into the bathroom. Ten minutes later, she heard the knock on the door. She came out of the bathroom with a towel on her head and one around her body. She answered the door and saw Suzy standing in front of her. Her arms went to cover her body even though there was no need. One because she was wearing a towel and two because it's Suzy. Her best friend, Suzy. The one she's so in love with.

Suzy smiled '' Hi.'' She whispered.

'' Hi, come in.'' Rosé smiled '' Just a second, i'll change my clothes and come.''

Rosé finally got ready.  '' Should we get some lunch ? '' Suzy suggested. Rosé looked down at the floor with Suzy's intent eyes on her. She nodded.

'' I like your new car '' Rosé commented as Suzy drove.

When Suzy didn't reply, Rosé turned to look at her. Suzy's eyes were fixed on the road ahead, the knuckles white as they tightly gripped the steering wheel. She could not help but notice the clinch of her jaw.

'' Su... '' Rosé began uncertainly, a shadow of concern passing over her face.

She let out a deep breath '' I had to buy a new one because my old car was damaged after the - ''

Rosé cut her '' I'm sorry, i shouldn't have said that.''

Suzy's lips twisted into a small smile '' You don't have to apologize. You are allowed to ask me questions Chaeng. I know that you have a lot of questions but please be patient with me.''

'' Where are we going ? '' The writer asked.

'' You'll see.''

Rosé looked over at Suzy, like really looking at her. The slope of her nose, the little crinkles around her eyes, The beautiful side profile. Suzy was the same but so different at the same time. Rosé had spent hours and hours in the past staring at her face, taking in her beauty.

She looked back at the road and noticed that Suzy stopped in front of their favorite café.  They sat at their favorite table at the far end of the rooftop area and ordered coffee.

'' So, what are you up to these days ? I heard that Nam Joo Hyuk's father was arrested for embezzlement. It was the scandal of the year'' Rosé said.

Suzy grinned '' I heard about it. The guy finally got what he deserved.''

'' That's what he gets for trying to blackmail you. '' Rosé chuckled.

Suzy nodded '' How have you been ? I may have read a book or two from the best-selling author.''  She leaned forward, into the table and whispered '' I'm so proud of you, really. ''

'' Thank you '' Rosé smiled proudly '' It wasn't a smooth sailing, but Jisoo, Jennie and Lisa believe in me and encouraged me until the end.''

Suzy nodded with a smile. She knew deep down that Rosé struggled with her absence but she was happy that she was not alone '' You're all grown up.''

'' You too, Miss hostshot lawyer. '' Rosé replied '' Jisoo is so jealous that you got a job in the most prestigious law firm.''

Suzy looked down '' She's angry with me. We were planning to set up our own firm but then i left.''

Rosé reached across the table and put her hand on top of Suzy's. Suzy looked up with surprised eyes '' It's okay. We are all hurt but we are here for you Su, even Jisoo.'' She paused '' You want to go for a walk after this ? ''

Suzy nodded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter