Chapter 2

Behind The Scenes (Chanyeol Fanfic)

E.X.O MON.SEU.TO

E.X.O MON.SEU.TO

The fans chanted when Baekhyun started to sing Monster. Everyone is shouting and chanting while EXO continues to do their best on stage. 

I don't how and when it happened, but I just found myself in front of the barriers with the fangirl I was talking to a while ago is beside me. Come to think of it, we haven't asked each other's names yet. I laughed at the back of my mind and thought that I'll just ask her after the concert. 

The opening ment (the time when those on stage introduce themselves, speak to fans, and give speeches) started with Park Chanyeol shouting, "Philippines!"

My heart pounded again as the loud cheers from the crowd pounded the stadium. He's in front of me. He's really shouting in front of me. I can't believe I'm seeing him this close. 

We're on the right side of the stage and the members are all facing in front greeting the fans from the above seats. 

Chanyeol continues to speak while the interpreter backstage is trying to translate for the fans, "Annyeong haseyo, Chanyeol-imnida! I'm so glad to be back here again! I missed our Philippine EXO-Ls." he said laughing, then we all shouted back with our 'I missed you too' which made my fangirl friend look at me with an amazed-look. Since the concert started, I was just waving my lightstick and low-pitch cheers come out of my mouth so this is the first time I shouted today, which explains her amazed look. 

"I didn't know you can shout that loud," she said teasing me but stopping right away when D. O. started his ment which made me laugh at her because she's now the one who's shouting so loud.

"Annyeong haseyo, D.O.-imnida." he said with his smile turning into a heart. I can't believe I'm seeing that smile in person.

The members continued their ment with Lay, Kai, Chen, Baekhyun, Sehun, and Suho, respectively. Suho introduces the next song, which is White Noise.

They are so y and handsome. I don't think my 13,000 money is worth all the talents and visuals I'm seeing. I think they're more than that. Oh god.

'Thank you, Lord, for this blessing! I'll be a better person to other people from now on.' and as soon as I thought about that as if the devil got jealous, someone pulled me out of the front barriers. When I looked at the person who did that, it was the Korean fan earlier.

My fangirl friend saw what she did and shouted, "Ya!" trying to start a fight but the angel inside of me stopped her and said, "It's fine."

She pulled me inside the front barrier again but away from that Korean fan. We continued to enjoy the concert and shout the chants to our hearts' content.

Another VCR was played and it's like a Virtual Reality type so they're as if talking to us and we're following them. It ended and the stage opened with a cute set. One of my favorite songs started to play.

I know it's unfair
이기적인 거니? (어떠니)
너의 눈 너의 코 너의 입을
나만 보고 싶어 욕심 같니 (보고 싶어 baby)
I know it's unfair
딱 잘라 말해
더는 나 위험해 위험해 천천히 (위험해 험해 baby)

I sang together throughout the whole song then my favorite part goes...

Girl, girl, be my love
자, 넘어올 때도 됐으니
Oh baby falling let's fall in love (엄마야)

They struck a pose at the center while Chanyeol keeps on repeating Eommaya (엄마야) and I laughed because of how cute he is.

Another short ment from the members started as they seat together on stage. Chanyeol and Lay started to play their guitars on stage. They look so cool and cute at the same time. I feel like I'm in heaven while watching them this close.

My fangirl friend and I went wild when D.O. shared his mic with Chanyeol because the latter is playing the guitar. It seems like we're both ChanSoo enthusiasts.

The concert continues and all I thought were:

How can Sehun dance that well? 

How can Kai look so cute and y at the same time? 

D.O. makes all my problems go away with his sweet voice

Chen's high notes made me realize how high their position in society compared to me

Baekhyun's cute gestures make me want to pinch his cheeks

How can Lay be this talented? 

I can't believe how Suho can handle all s and at the same time be an awesome performer on stage

I can't help but stare at Xiumin's eyes because of how beautiful it is

And of course, my love, Park Chanyeol. How can he be so hot and cute and handsome and talented all at the same time?

The next song played and they all went around to give away some signed balls. Chanyeol went to our side and I tried so hard to catch his attention. I even raised my self-made Korean banner where it translates as, "You're doing great" and at the back, it says, "And I'm proud of you" which I think made me catch his attention because he sat down and looked at me straight in the eye and smiled widely.

My heart pounded so hard and I think he can even hear it despite the loud noises around. We were just staring at each other, God knows how long that was when he pulled my hand and get the banner in my hand.

"Let's exchange," he said in English before he get a signed ball beside him and put it over my hand then he stood up and left to go to the other side.

I was shaking so much that my grip on the ball was loose and made it fall. I felt that the fans around me all kneeled to get the ball that has fallen from my hand. I was so out of my mind to the point that my fangirl friend had to slap my back when I didn't do anything to get my ball back but thankfully, she got it and gave it to me.

I thanked her and got the ball from her hand but someone pulled my hair again. It was that Korean fan again. She pulled my hair so strong that my grip loosen on the ball I'm holding, which made her get it easily. She threw my head and said, "This. Is. Mine." with an emphasis in every word.

"Hey. That's mine. Chanyeol gave that to me." I said, almost crying.

"Well, you didn't take care of it and I got it so it's not yours anymore." she rudely said and rolled her eyes at me. I was about to rebuttal her when a hand beside me grabbed the Korean fan's hair.

"Give it back to her! Chanyeol gave it to her! Didn't you see that?!" my fangirl friend dictated to her. I was so shocked with how she's pulling the Korean fan's hair. Her scalp can be pulled any time now.

"Ya! Micheosseo?! (Are you crazy?!) Shibal! (Fck) Gaesaeggi! (Son of a btch!) Get your hands off of me!" I somehow understood what the Korean fan said so I tried to pull my fangirl friend away from her. We're already making a commotion and almost everyone in our section is watching us.

"Hey. Hey. Stop it already. It's fine. Let her go already. Let's not make a commotion here. The guards might make us go outside." I said to my fangirl friend. Thankfully, she loosen her grip and walked away with me but she shouted to the Korean fan saying, "You're not even from here! Kkeojyeo! (Get the fck out of here!)" which made her receive a bad finger from the Korean fan. She was about to go back and fight her again but I managed to stop her.

"Why didn't you get the ball? Chanyeol gave it to you! Why didn't you fight for it? It was such a great remembrance gift! And why do that Korean act like that? How could she be so mean?! She's really getting on my nerves! Gahd. I hate her." my fangirl friend ranted.

"It's fine. Just let it go. Let's not ruin the mood because of that and just enjoy the remaining sets of songs. Maybe they'll give something again." I said while calming her but deep inside, I really want to cry.

Chanyeol gave it to me, personally. He didn't throw it to the crowd but he put it over my hand. He said that it's an exchange gift with the banner that I made. I sighed and thought,

'At least he got my banner. I guess that's more than enough.'

I just let the thoughts go away and enjoyed the show again. I started to take a video of the members as a remembrance.

The members are returning to the center stage already after roaming around and giving away the signed balls. Then Chanyeol is now walking and waving in our section again. He's crouching down as if he's looking for something when he caught my eyes again. He smiled and sat down in front of us again.

He approached me and got my phone that was filming him. He took a selfie and said, "Let's exchange again," he said laughing before giving me another signed ball.

He stood up without waiting for my answer and went to s at the center stage. I don't know what to feel. Did my phone just got snatched by my bias?

No. He paid for it with this signed ball that I'm holding so tight - afraid that it might get stolen from me again. This could cost a fortune when I sell it online and I can get a better phone with that money. But I don't think I'll be able to sell it though.

I had so many thoughts running through my mind when my fangirl friend slapped my back again, "Ya! You're so lucky! What did you do in your last life to be this lucky?" she giggled.

"I don't know. I must have saved my country." I joked and we both laugh.

"But I think he saw what happened earlier that's why he gave you another signed ball." she speculated, which I replied, "You think so? But he already left our section when that happened."

"Ya! Everyone was looking at our side when that happened. He probably saw it too. You heard him, he said 'again' when he exchanged your phone." she said, trying to convince me.

I just shrugged my shoulders because I don't want to assume things, but it made my heart flutter when I think about what she said.

"Oh my gosh! My phone! How would I  go home if it's with him?" I belatedly panicked. She just giggled and shrugged her shoulders.

I'll just ask for her help later then.

And the show continued. My favorite part was probably their last set of songs before their encore stage. It was so lit and fun. I feel like in a music festival or something. Everyone was jumping and partying around.

So I continued to party with everyone. I feel like I'm drugged because of how hyper I am while jumping around with all these strangers around me.

The song ended and the members are already waving their goodbyes. Then the ending VCR is played on screen.

It was so fun that I almost forgot my phone that's still with Chanyeol. Is that it? Are they leaving us like that? What should I do? Should I shout and catch his attention so he'll give back my phone? But what if he'll ask his signed ball back? But how am I gonna go home? I need to call my parents on that phone. Is he really not gonna give it back to me? Am I really going home without a phone and just a signed ball? I don't know if I should be disappointed or not with that thought, though.

Ugh. Whatever. I'll just think about that later.

Encore

Encore

Encore

Everyone shouted after the VCR ended, which they granted immediately as Baekhyun shouted through his mic.

They had another set of songs before finally having their final ments. As a last gift, they asked for a group photo with us. After that, they all went to the stage that goes down and waved us their real goodbyes. I saw Sehun push Chanyeol off the stage they were stepping and both of them laughed.

I was about to think again about my phone when Chanyeol started to run in our direction. Is he coming back? Is he giving my phone back?

I don't know how many times my heart pounded this much today but I know that it's only beating this fast because of him. We're both looking at each other's eyes again. He's smiling so wide that I can see the dimples from his cheeks.

I feel like everything was in slow motion and it's just the two of us that were left in our world. He walked towards me and handed over my phone before saying,

"See you next time."

In which I answered with wide eyes and beating heart,

"Saranghaeyo!"