Chapter 15

Behind The Scenes (Chanyeol Fanfic)

CALL ME BABY i georineun wanjeon nanriya
CALL ME BABY saramdeul saineun namiya
CALL ME BABY hamkkehaneun mae sungani
like BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM! 
What up

"Excuse me, L-ssi, what are you doing?" Yang Se Hyeong, a famous comedian, asked L while laughing because of what he's seeing on screen.

L just laughed at him and said, "I'm so sorry."

"What is she doing?" the PD asked Hyeon-U manager.

He laughed and answered, "Ah. That's part of her daily routine, fangirling."

L is actually appearing in the variety show called Omniscient Interfering View (OIV). It mainly focuses on the life of the artists with their managers. Hence, the interview with the manager was shown.

Yang Se Hyeong is one of the hosts in the said program. They are all just watching the recorded videos in the studio then the hosts and guests will react to it. They're currently watching the clips of L and her manager going to their schedule for the day.

Going back to the clip, L's Playlist for today is EXO's songs and she's singing with them while also shouting the fanchant inside her car on the way to her schedule. It's her solo schedule so she's the only one being filmed.

Hyeon-U also became her official manager since she gets more solo schedules than the other members.

The next song played and L continued to sing

She got me going crazy
왜 심장이 뛰니
넌 아름다워 나의 Goddess
닫혀 있지 Yeah yeah

She suddenly stopped singing and continuously called Hyeon-U in panic, "Hyung! Hyung! Hyung! Wait. Wait a minute," she said with her hands on her stomach.

"Why? Why? What happened?" the hosts reacted while watching the clip.

L covered her face in embarrassment because she knows what would happen next.

"Why? Why? Why?" Hyeon-U answered in panic as well, trying to look at his passenger through the rear mirror.

"I think mother nature is calling me. Please stop somewhere," she groaned in pain, trying to hold on longer.

"Wah. Is this okay to be aired?" Se Hyeong commented, shaking his head to the very down-to-earth global idol.

She laughed at the comment and responded, "I didn't know they'll include this too. Wah. This is so embarrassing," then covered her face.

They continued watching the two panicking individuals in the middle of the road.

"What? Right now?" Hyeon-U asked, still panicking because she's panicking.

"Ne. Ne! Faster, please! I really need to go now!" she exclaimed.

Hyeon-U immediately stopped the car at the side of the road and went out to find the nearest restroom, "Just wait here for a moment."

Hyeon-U looked around and thankfully, there's a nearby restroom. He instantly ran back to their car and opened the artist's door, "There. There's a restroom," he pointed in the direction of the restroom.

The artist didn't even think twice and ran for her life - or more on ran to the restroom.

Everybody in the studio is laughing at the situation. Indeed, this global idol is still a normal person who also ran to the restroom whenever mother nature calls her.

After a while, L came back with a big smile and shouted, "Success!"

Hyeon-U just shook his head in embarrassment then opened the door for her. Thankfully, no one noticed them.

And yeah, the fangirling continued when Hyeon-U started to drive again.

They all laugh again and one host said, "She's really down-to-earth. It seems fun to be friends with her," Lee Yeong Ja commented.

The truth is, after being invited to different variety shows, she got more popular in the entertainment industry and became friends with different types of people in the industry, from the production team staff to comedians and idols.

Going back to the video, they now arrived in the photo studio. Their schedule for today is a photoshoot for a magazine, called Elle Korea.

L arrived with a bare face and an oversized zip jacket, long black socks, and a pair of white sneakers. She didn't even bother dressing up and putting make-up on since they decided to just meet in the studio with the make-up artists and stylists.

Hyeon-U and L entered the studio and greeted the staff. They both went to the director of the shoot today and talked about their concepts when someone entered from the dressing room.

"I hope you wouldn't forget about me in discussing the concepts," the man commented.

L instantly turned her head and was surprised to see the man she hasn't seen in months.

"Ch-Sunbaenim! What are you doing here?" she stuttered which made Chanyeol suppress his laugh because of how she almost called his name. 

"I'm your partner for this shoot. Didn't you know?" he answered.

The video was cut where the PD asked Hyeon-U, "What happened? Didn't she know that EXO's Chanyeol will be there with her?"

"It's actually my surprise for her since I know that she's a big fan of EXO, especially Chanyeol. And as soon as I got this offer and that Chanyeol will be with her in this shoot, I immediately said yes. She's been working so hard since her debut and I'm hoping she'll be happy with this little surprise," her manager replied.

Everyone in the OIV studio finds the manager sweet and caring. Then there's L shaking her head so Se Hyeong asked her, "Why? What's wrong? Don't you like his surprise?"

"I liked it. I really liked it. But he could've hinted at me a little so I wouldn't show up like that in front of my idol. It's so embarrassing," she exclaimed and covered her face again.

Everyone laughed at her cute remarks and continued to watch the video.

"Hyung! For real?" L asked Hyeon-U for confirmation then the latter just smiled and nodded to her.

She looked again with the man in front of him, who is now checking her out from head to toe, which made her remember that she actually doesn't have any make-up on so she immediately covered half of her face.

Chanyeol chuckled because of her reaction and asked, "It's fine. You still look the same, pretty."

Everyone in the studio yelled in glee because of the comment of the idol to L. "What is this? Am I watching a drama?" Se Hyeong commented while pushing the person beside him. 

L just laughed at their reaction and just continued to watch the clip because she feels shy.

"Uhm..I'll go dress up first before discussing the concept," she announced before pulling her manager to the dressing room. 

"Excuse me, Yang Hyeon-U manager-nim. Care to explain what's happening here?" L demanded an explanation from the manager while crossing her arms. 

The camera was installed at the corner of the room and is not really visible which shocked L in the studio, "What? Was there a camera there?" she commented.

"Didn't you notice it?" one host asked her and she answered, "No. I didn't know."

They continued to watch the clip again with L feeling anxious because she knows what happened inside that room that day.

"I just wanted to surprise you so I didn't tell you that he'll be part of it too," Hyeon-U explained.

L is now sitting in front of the mirror and the make-up artists are now starting their work.

"You could have hinted me a little so I won't show up looking like this," L answered, sulking. 

"Didn't I ask you earlier if you're going looking like that?" Hyeon-U reprimanded which the idol rebutted, "You could have forced me to put some make-up on and dress up a little."

"Okay. Fine. It's my fault. Sorry," Hyeon-U responded in defeat, laughing because he knows he can't win over L. 

Chanyeol is currently shooting for his solo cuts in the magazine. He bleached his hair with blonde color. He's wearing white-colored long sleeves and half of the buttons are ed. His long sleeves are tucked in his black slacks. As for the accessories, he's wearing a gold and silver men's watch.

'Wah

'Wah. He's so handsome!'
'He can pull off any concept with that face'
'He looks hot with that wet look.'

Everyone is pouring their compliments to the idol, who's working so hard for the photoshoot.

On the other hand, L is now done preparing. She's wearing a white dress which is cut off above the knees. It's kind of translucent too. (disclaimer: I'm just using Suzy's dress for reference and credits to the owners of the pics)

Every staff that she bumped into compliments her and as usual, she feels embarrassed as she's still not used to hearing compliments from others

Every staff that she bumped into compliments her and as usual, she feels embarrassed as she's still not used to hearing compliments from others. She just bowed or joke around in response to them to lessen the awkwardness she feels.

"Okay. I think that's enough for this outfit. You may change your outfit now," the director announced to Chanyeol.

Finally, Chanyeol noticed L, who's at the corner waiting for her turn. Chanyeol smiled at her and she saw this then she immediately avoid his gaze. He chuckled a little because of her reaction and went back to his dressing room to change his outfit.

She also doesn't know why is she acting so shy in front of him when they became closer through calls and texts. They've been talking to each other every night for how many weeks now but now that she's actually seeing him in person, she just feels awkward and shy again.

It's now L's turn for the solo cuts in the magazine. Her concept is pure and soft styles. So she has to make innocent expressions for the shoot.

"Wow. Just by standing there, it's already perfect for the concept," the director complimented her and she chuckled.

"Ey! Director-nim, you don't have to tell me that! I know!" she joked, trying to loosen up herself from nervousness.

She can joke around other people but whenever Chanyeol shows up, she just turns into a completely silent human being.

"Okay! Good! Nice! One more! Another one!" the director cheered and she just keeps on changing her poses every time the camera shutters.

"Daebak. She's really good at posing for this photoshoot." one host commented.

"She looks pretty in every angle. How can she do that?" another host complimented her.

"She's really a professional. Not everyone can do that," Se Hyeong added.

"Aigoo. Thank you so much," she thanked the hosts for the overwhelming compliments.

In the clip, she suddenly felt awkward again as soon as she saw that Chanyeol is watching her.

"Oh. Oh. What? What happened to my genius model?" the director asked when she suddenly ran out of ideas what to pose.

"I think that's enough for this concept," she chuckled awkwardly.

"This looks pretty," Chanyeol commented pointing at the photo on the screen.

The director looked at his back when he heard Chanyeol then looked back at L and teasingly said, "Oh. Is that why my model is lagging already?"

Everyone laughed when L blushed and strongly denied it, "No! No! I just ran out of ideas!"

"Yeah. Okay, go now and change your outfit. We'll have the couple shoot next." the director nodded but it's obvious that he's not convinced with her excuse.

While waiting for L to finish dressing up, Chanyeol discussed the concept for their couple photoshoot. After discussing, Chanyeol went in front of the camera to prepare for the poses he needs to do later.

L went out wearing a brown coat with a translucent top inside partnered with cream elephant pants. On the other hand, her partner, Chanyeol is wearing an all shade of blue outfit. It's a combination of a coat, long sleeves, and pants with a gold belt. (Note: Outfit reference below.)

"Okay! Nice! Let's start!" the director announced.

They are given a long couch for props so the two models sat on it but there was a big gap between them.

"What is this? Are you mad at each other? Why are you so far from each other?" the director teased and the other staff laughed.

Chanyeol laughed as well and moved closer to L, "Of course not," then put his right around L to pull her closer.

Everyone in the room, both the studio and in the clip, cheered in unison. They just love what they are seeing. It's like a noontime drama.

As usual, the fangirl is blushing though her make-up is kinda covering her blushing face.

"That's what I'm talking about!" the director cheered and took a photograph.

For the next pose, L moved away from Chanyeol so he'll remove his arms. She then leaned forward and rest her face on her palm. Chanyeol imitated her so he also leaned forward and rest his face on his palm. The director finds this cute so he took a photo of it.

"Okay, good! Next pose!"

L leaned back and rest her head on her palm then Chanyeol leaned back as well and raised his hand to put at the back of his head. She thought that he'll imitate her again but she was surprised when he put his one leg on at the top of her leg. 

She looked at him with widening eyes, trying to say to put his legs down but he only smiled in a teasing way and looked at the camera again. She didn't know what to do so she just put her hand at the back of her head and put on a slight smile although deep inside her heart is already racing so hard. (Pose reference below)

She's been trying to calm herself ever since she saw Chanyeol in the photoshoot but it just keeps on beating so hard every time she sees him

She's been trying to calm herself ever since she saw Chanyeol in the photoshoot but it just keeps on beating so hard every time she sees him. Now that they're so close, she feels like her heart is going to explode any time soon so she's really trying to keep some space between them but Chanyeol is just continuously teasing her.

'Can he hear my heartbeat? He's been teasing me this whole time and he looks like he's really having fun. Ugh. Heart, please stop!' she thought.

"Okay! That's a nice round of photos! I can't wait for the other outfits! You may change go change now," the director reported.

L immediately stood up and went to her dressing room. Chanyeol just shook his head in disbelief at how fast she ran away from him.

'Why is she so scared of me?' he thought.

In the changing room, L instantly hugged her stylist after going in.

"Oh god. No," L in the OIV studio reacted.

The hosts looked at her and asked, "Why? What's wrong? Did you cry?"

L just covered her eyes when the next scene was shown.

"Unni, omaygad. What should I do? My heart keeps beating so fast! Waaaah!" she exploded while trying to suppress her shout.

Her stylist laughed at her and hugged her in return then commented, "I thought you were crying."

"No way! Why would I cry? Omaygad! Unni, what should I do? Omaygaaaad! Please help me calm my heart!" she continued to hug her stylist tighter because she's been trying to calm herself in these heart-fluttering moments.

"Look! My heart is still beating so hard! Can you feel it?" L tried to pull her stylist's hand to her chest near her heart. The stylist laughed at her again because of her craziness.

The people in the OIV studio are now laughing at what they are seeing. All this time she was just pretending to be calm in front of her idol.

"Waaah. Is this okay to be aired?" L commented in embarrassment.

"What? You're not embarrassed about mother nature calling you earlier but you're concerned about this?" Se Hyeong asked in disbelief.

"Ey! That's two different things," she rebutted and everyone laugh at her remarks.

Going back to the clip, L is now fixing her make-up after changing to a brown coat and skirt then a beret with the same color. She's also wearing a white t-shirt inside and leather ankle boots heels.

"Unni, don't you have a calming pill or something?" L asked her stylist before going out of the dressing room.

The stylist laughed at her and replied, "I don't have one. Just go out there and go with the flow! Fighting!" then she pushed her to go outside.

As usual, Chanyeol is already waiting for her at the shooting area wearing a black oversized coat and pants partnered with white turtle neck sleeves inside and low-cut Converse shoes.

The shoot continued with L striking a pose in front while Chanyeol is leaning at the wall.

"Okay, good! Chanyeol can you go closer to L?" the director asked.

L didn't look back at Chanyeol and just waited for the go signal of the director. Chanyeol walked towards L's direction and put his chin on her shoulders. She was surprised when she felt his breath near her neck and made her feel goosebumps. Now, her heart is beating so loud again. (Pose reference below)

"I didn't know I make your heart flutter so much," he whispered in her ears which made her feel goosebumps.

She stepped forward to make some distance between them and looked at him with a surprised look, "What? What are you saying?" she said, awkwardly chuckling.

'Was my heart beating so hard that he heard it just by staying close to me?' she thought, panicking with the idol's remarks.

"Next pose, please!" the director called their attention.

Chanyeol pulled her closer by putting his left arm on her shoulders and she's now looking up to his face, still waiting for his answer. He smiled when he saw her and whispered,

"I heard everything from your dressing room."