Chapter 14

Behind The Scenes (Chanyeol Fanfic)

It's been weeks since their debut and almost every day the rookie idol goes to different broadcasting stations to film for music shows, commercials, and promotion videos. Every day, they are also asked to practice in the studio provided by their company after their schedules.

It's currently 6 in the morning and they are on the way to the SBS to shoot for the Inkigayo. The members are all asleep inside the car. Sky and Kim Jae are sitting in the passenger seats while Choon Hee and L are sitting at the back.

Hyeon-U is the one driving and Yong Sun is sitting beside him. Hyeon-U is giving a briefing to Yong Sun with what the girls' schedule for today.

"After Inkigayo, L needs to leave first because she has a separate schedule. She was asked to be a commercial model for a clothing brand and we'll be signing the contract today," Hyeon-U explained.

"Okay, go with L. I'll just drive the others later. Does anyone of them have another separate schedule?" she asked. Then the former answered, "None. They can go straight to company for their practice."

They arrived at SBS and Hyeon-U woke them up while Yong Sun had already gone inside to get their entry pass.

---

They're now done with their performance and L needs to go already.

"Let's go, L. We need to go," Hyeon-U called L.

"Ne? What? Why? Wait. Uhm..." L panicked.

She's aware that she needs to go earlier than the other members because of the contract signing but she hasn't done her mission today, that's why she's hesitating.

Her mission? That's to deliver the food she made for EXO. Yes, she made it herself.

Ever since their first stage, she wakes up an hour earlier than her members to cook breakfast for them and EXO. Both she and Sky is in charge of cooking. Even though it's easier and faster to buy online, they still cook homemade meals for the group as much as they can since it's healthier that way.

Back to the food that she makes for EXO, she always sneaks out of their waiting room to leave food in front of EXO's waiting room. This is her token of gratitude for the idols who gave her inspiration to dream. Together with the food are small notes where she puts words of encouragement to the group. It's also her way to give back the comfort she felt at her lowest time. Although she leaves her gifts anonymously, she's hoping that it would help EXO in some way.

"Why? Do you still need to do something?" Hyeon-U asked her.

She didn't know what to say because she's panicking. It's also the last stage of EXO for this comeback so she really prepared a lot with the food she brought today and she doesn't want it to go to waste. 

"She needs to go to the restroom with me first. Wait a minute, manager-nim!" Sky answered for L then clings onto her arm.

They both went out and L sighed in relief, "Thank you, unni."

"Ya! If you're gonna sneak out, at least don't make it so obvious," Sky scolded her.

"I'm sorry, unni," L responded.

The members eventually discovered that she's giving gifts to EXO secretly. They cornered her one time when they saw that she's packing food inside her bag. So she had to say the true reason behind it.

"Just go! And make it fast. I'll go now, I really need to go to the restroom," she said before running to the restroom. L just laughed at her and ran to the elevator.

She carefully looked around again after arriving on the upper floor. She immediately went in front of the waiting room of EXO. She grabbed her bag and get the box of food she made. It's a 3 layer lunch box with different kinds of dry foods inside that she knows each member of EXO would like.

She placed it in front of the door and left a note again cheering for the idols. The rookie idol heard that someone's going out so she immediately turned around and ran but bumped into a wall, which made her bounce back.

"Ouch!" she groaned, touching her forehead.

"Are you okay?" a familiar man asked in front of her.

She looked at the man in front of her and immediately widened her eyes in shock after she recognized who the man is. Apparently, the wall that she thought she bumped into was actually the chest of Park Chanyeol.

'Why is he so tall like a wall? And why is his chest so hard?' she thought.

"Uh...ah..I'm sorry!" she exclaimed and was about to run for her life but Chanyeol grabbed her shoulders.

"Where do you think you're going?" he said with an evil smile. "Ne? I uh...I just made a wrong turn. I need to go," she tried to excuse herself but it's too late because she's already inside their waiting room. 

After scanning the room, all the members are inside looking at her.

"Is she the suspect?" Baekhyun asked with a smirk. Chanyeol nodded and they both laugh. 

L feels so scared because of the eyes staring at her. 

"Are you the one leaving those lunch boxes outside our waiting rooms?" Chanyeol asked cornering his hoobae

"No," she denies and avoided his strong gaze at her but it only earned a smirk from Chanyeol. 

"You know we can't accept from other people unless we know who gave it to us, right?" Chanyeol said, challenging her. 

She looked at him, trying to see if he's lying but there's no sign of lies.

"So if it's not from you then we'll just throw all that away," Chanyeol added, pointing at the lunch box, which is now being inspected by the other members. 

"Aigoo. It's such a waste. It looks delicious though," Baekhyun commented.

"It must be delicious. But we can't eat that. We might get food poisoned," Kai added. 

"Here, let me throw it for you, guys," Sehun get the lunch box and was about to throw it when L shouted, "Okay! Okay! It's me!" raising her hands in defeat and avoiding everyone's eyes in embarrassment. 

"What? What do you mean it's you?" Chanyeol asked, trying to suppress his laugh.

"It's me. I made that and all the foods that were probably thrown in the trash cans for the past few days. So if you're just gonna throw it just give it back to me," she explained with a frown face, disappointed that her hard works were put to waste, literally. 

Chanyeol couldn't suppress his laughter anymore and the other members also started to laugh. Then there's L, dumbfounded with her idols laughing inside the room with her. Chanyeol is laughing so hard that he's now laying on the floor. 

'What's wrong with these people?' she thought. 

"Ya! Guys, stop teasing her already!" Do Yun manager finally spoke up and tries to hold his laugh too. L looked at him with a questioning look and he answered, "They're just teasing you. They won't throw the food that you made."

"What?! How about the food from the past few weeks?" she exclaimed. 

Chanyeol answered after calming himself and stood up, "We ate them all," he smiled at her.  "Do Yun hyung saw you leaving the first lunch box that you gave us so we know that the lunch boxes left outside our room are all from you," he explained. 

"You guys are so mean! I swear!" she can't help but yell at the naughty idols. They all laughed again. 

"I'm sorry, L-ssi. It's because you gave us homemade meals so frequently that we feel like you're one of our family already," Suho explained and smiled at the frowning fan. 

"It was delicious. We enjoyed all of them," Chen commented with a smile too.

"I especially like the kimbab that you made," Baekhyun added, remembering the taste of the first food she brought. 

"I also liked the tonkatsu," Kai included.

"The steamed buns too!" Xiumin smiled, showing his cheeks that seems like buns too.

"The dried mango is my favorite," Sehun commented walking towards the fan, holding the lunch box he was about to throw a while ago.

"I'm really curious about how you made the pesto. I wish you could tell me your recipe sometime," D.O. smiled.

"I liked everything and ate it all. Thank you for the food and word of encouragement," Chanyeol ended. 

And now, the adorable fan is crying in front of her idols because of overwhelming words from them.

"Hey. Hey. Hey. Why are you crying? I'm sorry, okay?" Chanyeol tried to stop her from crying.

"It's Chanyeol's idea! Please, don't be mad at us," Baekhyun spilled and went beside the fan trying to stop her from crying too. 

"Ya! How could you drop me like that?" Chanyeol scold Baekhyun then the two started barking at each other and Suho tried to stop them,  which made the fan chuckle a little. The two barking idols stopped and looked at her with a questioning look. 

"I just can't believe that I'm witnessing all these in front of me," she remarks. "It was only my dream to see all these in person. It was my dream to see your normal conversation behind the scenes. It was my dream to see your normal life backstage and now, I'm actually seeing all of these in front of me," she smiled thinking about the days when she was fangirling over them.

"I've always been curious if you're doing alright after performing on stage. But seeing all these, I feel contented that you're all doing well. I feel like my dream is granted. I'm happy that you're all doing well backstage," she added.

The idols smiled at the warm words from a fan. They're the ones who are supposed to comfort her. They should be the ones giving encouraging words to her, but it's the other way around this time.

They may not say it but they also feel tired. They feel burnout too. They feel lonely at times. But as idols, they need to forget about all those feelings and show their fans that they're okay and happy.  They have to feel happy on stage for their fans.

But with L, they feel like they can be whoever they want to be and she'll still accept them. With her beside them, they feel like they have someone who truly cares and understands them now.

After that incident, the fan and the idols became closer. They exchanged numbers and frequently call and text each other. But usually, Chanyeol was the one who got all her time because they often call each other for a long time which makes the other members scold Chanyeol for calling her so long.

As Baekhyun once said, "Ya! Hang up already! I also want to bother L!"

Suho had to scold him once, "Hang up already, Park Chanyeol. Let her sleep."

On the other day, the oldest in the group shouted, "Chanyeol! Are you the one who's on the phone with L?! Why can't I contact her?"

Some other day, Chen's yell can be heard all around the house, "Chanyeol! I have something to ask L! Hang up already!"

Even D.O. who rarely joins the chaos scolded him once, "I need to ask her about her recipe. Hang up now."

Kai even showed an aegyo to Chanyeol just for him to hang up, "gom sae ma-ri-ga han ji-be iss-eo a-ppa gom, eom-ma gom, a-gi gom!~"

Between the fight of Chanyeol and Sehun, the maknae won when he slapped Chanyeol at the back continuously, "Hang up! Hang up! Hang up!"

They have also agreed with L calling them Hyung or Hyung-nim since she wants them to treat her like they are all just brothers.

If you want to ask why they have to call her on their own when they can just have a group call? Well, they just want to have a time talking to her because with L,

They feel safe.