Chapter 16

Behind The Scenes (Chanyeol Fanfic)

"Okay, next!" the director yelled.

They proceeded with the next pose but more on, Chanyeol positioned L and he posed. L has been staring at him ever since he dropped the bomb. She's trying to see if he's lying or not, but there's no sign of lying at all.

"Nice! Next!"

Even though L is lost in her thoughts, the photos came out well and looked natural with the help of Chanyeol's lead.

"You can stop staring now. I might melt," Chanyeol teased L, and finally, she snapped out of reality.

She stepped back from him when she realized how close they were, but he held her waist and pulled her closer again. They can now feel each other's bodies because of how close they are.

"What are you doing?" L asked, trying to get away from him but he just smirked and responded, "Why? Does this make your heart flutter again?"

And Chanyeol got what he wanted, L's blushing face.

"Okay! That's it for this outfit. You may go change now," the director told them and L immediately pulled herself from Chanyeol's hands.

The director added, "L-ssi, it seems like you're head over heels for Chanyeol. You've been staring at him the whole time," he teased.

Everyone cheered with the remarks which just makes the blushing of L's face worse. No one heard about what the two talking about since they've been whispering so what Chanyeol whispered to her earlier was not included in the clip for OIV. Hence, the story about her staring at him this whole time was only between the two of them.

"Yeah. It seems like it," Chanyeol agreed to the director earning him another round of cheers from the staff.

L turned her back at the staff and looked at Chanyeol, making sure that no one can see her face, before glaring at him and rolling her eyes then walking out to change her clothes. Chanyeol chuckled at the actions of the annoyed fan of him.

She's so annoyed with Chanyeol's overconfidence saying that she's head over heels for him and she's more annoyed because she can't really deny it. Even the loud beating of her heart is not helping.

After entering the dressing room she didn't say anything, afraid that she'll be heard again by her idol. Actually, their dressing rooms are just next to each other and it's covered with thin walls, which explains how Chanyeol heard everything a while ago.

Chanyeol actually felt happy hearing her suppressed screams earlier and he thought that he wanted to more, which explains his behavior a while ago. He thought that her charms aren't effective for her anymore because she doesn't show many expressions but she was actually suppressing what she truly feels. But hearing her reactions from the dressing room, he felt happy and really finds her adorable with this side of hers.

They continued the shoot and they are now down with the last concept they'll shoot today.

L came out of her dressing room with a determined mind that she'll get her revenge this time.

They are now standing beside each other and as soon as the director shouted, "Let's start!" L intertwined her left hand to Chanyeol's right hand.

This made Chanyeol look at her with a surprised look. She felt his looks but didn't bother looking back at him and just smiled at the camera. Chanyeol got it right away that she's now doing this with him.

Hence, Chanyeol held her waist and made her look at him. He pulled her closer and was surprised when she didn't show any change of expression and just put her arms around his neck then pulled him closer.

(At this point, their conversation is not included in the clip for the OIV and remains secret between them. Only their poses were aired in the OIV clip)

"Oh. So you're playing with me now?" Chanyeol and she just smirked and tiptoed to make their faces gap shorter then whispered, "Yes, sun.bae.nim," she answered with an emphasis in each syllable.

She doesn't want to show her vulnerable self to him anymore. She's tired of him teasing her because he knows that she likes him so she might as well as well.

The shoot continues with the two idols competing in teasing each other by striking poses that would make each other taken aback.

Chanyeol is now sitting on a stool while L is standing beside him and as soon as the director shouted, "1,2,3!" L pulled Chanyeol's face into a hug making it closer to her chest. (Pose reference below)

"I can't let you beat me anymore," she whispered to her ears. Chanyeol is really taken aback this time because his face is touching her chest already.

'Oh god. This woman is so unpredictable,' he thought.

"Okay, next!"

This time, L made a brave move and sat on Chanyeol's lap while she put her right arm around his shoulder and whispered again, "It's my turn to make you speechless," then moved closer to his face.

Chanyeol was surprised for a while then managed to pull himself together and thought of a finishing move. He slid both of her knees to his right side which made her out of balance but he managed to catch her with his left hand. He's now holding her waist to prevent her from falling. He then moved closer to shorten the gap of their faces and whispered in response, "Oooh! Daring. I like that," then winked at her. (Pose reference below)

"Nice! Great!" the director applauded.

L instantly pulled herself from his presence and stood up because she feels butterflies in her stomach.

She then bowed at the staff and announced, "gosaenghasyeotseumnida! (Job well done/Great job)" telling them that the shoot is now done.

"What? Are you finishing it already? Shouldn't I be the one announcing that?" the director chuckled at the artist's behavior.

"Eyy! Director-nim, you already got so many cuts. I'm sure those are enough for the magazine," L joked.

She wants it to end already because if this continues, she might explode anytime soon because of her heart that's probably beating 200 beats per minute.

Chanyeol just smiled at the thought that he won the battle because of her sudden behavior wanting to end the shoot already.

"Okay. Okay. Great job everyone! The shoot was so smooth because of our professional models," the director complimented them then everyone cheered for them. 

After fixing their things, L and her manager bid their goodbyes to the staff and thanked them. On the way out, she saw Chanyeol and just bowed at him half-heartedly as a sign of respect. Chanyeol said his goodbye and added, "I hope we'll work together again," with a teasing smile. She didn't even say a word and just bowed again then got out with an annoyed look.

The crew of OIV also stopped filming her at that time since they got enough cuts for her episode in the show. Hence, knowing that there's no more cameras in their car, she screamed in annoyance and said all her rants to her manager.

"Oh my god. He's so annoying! Why is he so confident with himself? How could he tease me so much just because he knows that I like him? Oh god! I hate him!" she ranted and Hyeon-U just laughed at his artist because he knows that she doesn't mean it.

"Then why are you still blushing?" Hyeon-U which earned him a glare from the idol. He avoided her gaze and just continued driving.

"That's the problem! He's so annoying but this annoying heart is still beating so loud until now! How do I stop this from beating? God! I hate myself!" she continued to rant.

She's still not done ranting when her phone rang and without even checking who's calling, she answered it with an annoyed voice, "What?!"

The person in the line was astounded with the sudden yell, "Did I dial the wrong number?"

L checked the caller ID and it's actually Baekhyun who called her. She immediately pulled herself together and said, "Hyung! Sorry. I didn't know it was you," she explained in a calm voice.

It can be heard the chuckle of Baekhyun from the other line and asked, "Why? Who made L so annoyed that you even yelled at me?"

"Chanyeol hyung did!" she whined and the person on the other line laughed louder with the news.

"Why? What did he do to you?" Baekhyun asked while laughing.

"He's so annoying! He keeps on teasing me! Gosh. I hate him!" she started to rant again. "This is Hyeon-U's fault!" she pointed her annoyance to her manager.

Hyeon-U looked at her, surprised with the sudden blaming, "Why is it my fault?"

"You shouldn't have accepted this schedule! Then I wouldn't have to work with him!" I ranted then both Hyeon-U and Baekhyun rant at the childish rants of the idol.

"Aigoo. He must've annoyed you so much to be this upset," Baekhyun commented,  trying to suppress his laugh.

"Yes! Why is he even my bias? Gosh. I didn't know I have such a low standard in men," she blurted and made Baekhyun laugh louder again.

Baekhyun can't help but be amazed at what is L saying right now. She must be really annoyed to even question her standards in men. And that standard was supposed to be Chanyeol.

"Why are you guys laughing at me? I'm serious here!" she exclaimed when the manager and the person in line are still laughing at her remarks.

"Gosh! You guys are annoying too!" she bolted but that didn't stop their laugh.

---

That night, both L and Chanyeol told the story of what happened today to their respective groups at their dorms.

And opposite to what L is expecting as reactions from her members, they are all giggling and teasing her after she told her story.

"Unni, didn't you get my story? Isn't he so annoying?" she stated again.

Sky responded with a giggle and said, "No! He seems so sweet! Omg. I didn't know Chanyeol-sunbaenim has a side like that!"

"Unni, how is that sweet? He was just teasing me the whole time!" L exclaimed.

"I wish I can experience that too with my idol," Choon Hee commented. 

"Ya! Choon Hee! Shouldn't you understand me more? I'm your unni!" L blurted but they just laughed at her childish remarks.

"Who knows, maybe he's also into you, that's why he likes to annoy you?" their leader reflected based on her story.

"Gosh. Even you, Jae unni?" L sighed in relief because she has no one who understands her.

L is annoyed that her heart is still beating so hard for Chanyeol when the latter is just teasing her because he knows that she likes her and she can't even deny it nor hide it because everyone knows already. She thinks that he's just using her vulnerable self to boost her confidence and it really annoys her.

What's more, is that she knows that Chanyeol can't reciprocate her feelings for him because he's her hyung. And as her hyung, they should just remain as each other's friends. She also knows that it's forbidden to fall in love with her idol.

In the other dorm, Chanyeol told his story to the members and they are all laughing at the naughty member.

"So that's why she was so annoyed earlier when I called her," Baekhyun commented.

"Why? Did you call her?" Chanyeol asked.

Baekhyun nodded and added, "Yes. She was ranting and yelling during the call. It's as if it was in a loudspeaker."

They all laughed and Kai commented, "Wah. I wish I'd seen that."

"I didn't know L has a side like that. She was always shy and calm but earlier, she was really shouting in rage," Baekhyun told them, remembering the phone call.

"You must've really annoyed her for her to shout like that," Chen commented.

"Hyung, you're so mean!" Sehun chuckled.

"Ya! Don't annoy her too much she might cut her contact with us," D.O. warned him.

"Eyyy. If she'll cut contact with someone, that's probably Chanyeol only. L is just too nice for him," Xiumin added.

"Then that's a win for us. We'll have more opportunities to call her," Suho responded then everyone celebrated with the idea. 

"Go ahead and annoy her. So she'll ignore your calls and answer our calls instead," Baekhyun joked.

Chanyeol just shook his head and went back to his room to reminisce about what happened today.

Someone knocked on his door and opened it. When he looked who was it, it was Suho. 

"Oh, hyung, why?" he asked when he entered.

Suho smiled and sat at his bed then stated, "You must've enjoyed your shoot today."

Chanyeol smiled when he remembered L's flushed face whenever he teases her earlier.

He nodded and replied, "Yes. It's been a while since I last saw her and it was fun."

"That's great, then." he commented then added, "Do you like her?" he straightforwardly asked.

Chanyeol was taken aback by the sudden question but was able to answer, "No, hyung. I just find her interesting and I'm having fun teasing her." 

"Oh. Okay. Uhmm..." he paused. "I just feel like you two have gotten closer these past few weeks," he started.

Chanyeol just nodded so Suho continued, "And since we all know that she likes you, maybe you find her attractive as well?" he asked then Chanyeol shook his head in disbelief with Suho's questions. 

"You know, hyung, that she just thinks of us as her brothers, right?," he clarified.

Suho nodded and replied, "That's the case for us, but I don't think that's what she really feels for you. It's obvious that she likes you."

Chanyeol laughed at his remarks, "Hyung, don't say such things. She'll probably punch you with her glaring eyes if she hears you say those."

Suho laughed as well remembering the glaring eyes of L. He stood up then left Chanyeol with, "I just want to remind you that don't make her fall if you're not gonna catch her."

Chanyeol shook his head and replied,

"L and I are just friends, hyung."