Chapter 13

Behind The Scenes (Chanyeol Fanfic)

"IM4GINE, please standby backstage," a staff reminded the group.

"Ne!" the idols answered.

They all started to prepare. One fixed her make-up, the other drank water, while the other reviewed their choreograph, and another vocalized.

"Let's have a cheer, guys," the leader called for her members and they all gathered at the center of the room.

"Let's rock this stage. In 3, 2, 1..." the leader counted, and they all shouted, "Fighting!"

They all went outside to go backstage and prepare for their debut stage. Backstage, they can hear the MCs introducing their group.

"They are a 4-member group formed through the X Produce 99 survival show and today, we will all see their debut stage! Everyone, let's give it up for IM4GINE!" the idol MC announced.

As soon as the music starts, the fans cheered for the members they've been supporting since X Produce 99.

'Fighting, Kim Jae!'

'You're the prettiest in our hearts, Lee Choon Hee!'

'Our best dancer, Skylar Tan!'

'You have the most angelic voice, Elleven Ochoa!'

Their debut song is a pop dance song with an energetic melody that focuses more on the vocals and choreography of the members.

The song started with Choon Hee in the middle showing her charms to their fans. Followed by the soft vocals of Kim Jae.

They all sang together in the chorus with the lead of L. In the middle of the song, Sky showed off her rapping skills. Continued with the high notes of L.

The song ended with Choon Hee as the group's ending fairy.

The fans applauded after their performance and they all quickly thanked their fans then exit the stage so the next performers can prepare.

After they arrived at their waiting room, the group hugged each other after doing a job well done on their debut stage.

"Waaaah! We finally did it!" Choon Hee cheered.

"We've officially debuted on stage!" L exclaimed.

"After months of training, we've finally made it here!" Sky added.

"You all did well, guys! I'm so proud of you!" Kim Jae ended and they all hugged each other again with Choon Hee crying in the middle, which her older sisters find adorable.

As mentioned, Kim Jae, Lee Choon Hee, Sky, and L debuted together. With L ranking as 1st, followed by Choon Hee. Then Sky ranked 3rd and Kim Jae as 4th.

Their positions in the group are:

Lee Choon Hee - Visuals, Main Dancer
Skylar Tan - Main Rapper
Kim Jae - Leader, Lead Vocals
Elleven Ochoa - Main Vocals

The staff congratulated the rookie group. Then their manager approached them.

"You still have tasks to do, guys," the manager reminded. "You still need to promote your album to your sunbaenim (seniors)," the manager continued and handed them the albums.

"Okay, Yong Sun manager-nim," Kim Jae responded and received the albums. Ham Yong Sun is their main manager, she's the one in charge of the overall schedules of the group.

They all went out to go to the waiting rooms of their sunbaenim. Their first stop is Weki Meki.

The manager knocked on their door and one of their staff answered. Yang Hyeon-U manager-nim explained that they'd like to promote their album to Weki Meki so the staff agreed then let them in. Yang Hyeon U is a rookie manager in charge of driving the girls around and doing the small tasks, like errands.

"Guys, meet your hoobae first. They're here to promote their album," the staff of Weki Meki announced then the members immediately turned their heads toward the door.

IM4GINE entered and they immediately recognized the group, especially Sky.

"Oh my god! I'm so glad you all debuted! Especially you, Sky!" one of their members exclaimed.

"Yes! We missed you, Sky!" another member of them blurted.

"We're glad you debuted with them. We're proud of you, Sky," said the other member, which seems to be their leader.

"Thank you! I missed you all too," Sky replied with a genuine smile. She used to tell stories about her trainee days with L and now, they're now in front of each other again.

Kim Jae interrupted with a slight cough and said, "Uhm...Please allow us to officially introduce ourselves," which made Weki Meki laugh and say sorry for forgetting, "Annyeong haseyo! IM4GINE-imnida!" They greeted.

"We'll introduce ourselves too. 2, 3. Annyeong haseyo! Weki Meki-imnida!" the idols introduced.

The two groups chatted for a while and gave each other's signed albums. The other congratulated the group for debuting while the other congratulated the group for their comeback. The same routine happened in other idols' waiting rooms.

Then they arrived at the waiting room of L and Sky's role models, EXO. Their hearts both trembled, thinking that their idols are inside the room. Their manager knocked asking for permission and they agreed, which made the two fans more nervous.

When they entered, EXO members are already lining up waiting for them as they are informed already by the staff who answered the door a while ago. Chanyeol immediately smiled when she saw L but the latter, as usual, avoided his eyes.

The two groups showed their group greetings first then Suho started the conversation, "so this is the group formed from the popular survival show?" he asked and the hoobaes nodded in unison, which the sunbaes find adorable.

"Ooooh! So who's L-ssi?" Kai asked which made L look shocked because the idol knows her. She shakily raised her hand which made the idol chuckle.

"Don't be nervous. I'm just asking," Kai told her, still chuckling. Chanyeol nudged him and said, "Ya! Stop scaring her!"

"Oh. I'm not. I'm not. I'm just really asking," he replied with a teasing smile toward Chanyeol.

Chanyeol actually told them what really happened between him and L after the members watched the viral clips of Chanyeol during his visit to X Produce 99. The members were suspicious of the way Chanyeol acted in the clips so he eventually had to tell them the story from the sasaeng incident to the X Produce 99 visit. They scolded him first for not saying anything about it but let it go after hours of repeated explanation from Chanyeol.

All eyes of the members are now on L after receiving the news that she's the person behind the sasaeng incident. They're anxious about the rookie idol's presence because now that she's becoming more popular, anything that she says in public might put EXO in danger. With one wrong move, she might blurt out the sasaeng incident and blow up the big news to the public.

L felt intimidated with the eyes staring at her and Kim Jae noticed this so she initiated to say something, "Uhm...Please allow us to introduce ourselves to you," then proceeded to count, "2, 3. Annyeong haseyo! IM4GINE-imnida!" they greeted. The other group also greeted them then they exchanged albums.

Sky immediately received the album of EXO and even hugged it to not L get it from her. The latter pouted because of the selfish fan and Chanyeol saw this then chuckled, which made everyone look at him.

"Ah. Sorry. I just think we didn't give them enough album," he explained pointing at Sky, who's still hugging the album.

D.O. smiled a little because of the fan that made Sky's heart melt.

'He looks so adorable with that smile. Please, smile more,' Sky thought.

D.O. turned his back from them and went to the nearby table where their albums are placed. He, then, went back and said, "Here you go," giving the album to the sulking L but Sky suddenly shouted.

"No!" she reacted and everyone looked at her, which made her feel embarrassed after realizing what she did, "Ah. Sorry. Uhm...Here. You can have this," she continued then gave her EXO album to L.

"This is mine. Thank you so much!" she bowed 90 degrees after getting the album that D.O. was holding a while ago. Everyone laughed at the actions of the fan then Suho reacted, "You should have told us sooner that you want more," he teased.

He looked at the other two members then asked, "Do you also want your own albums?" the two members shook their heads in embarrassment and replied, "No. It's okay. We're fine with the two albums. Thank you so much!"

Thankfully, the mood became more relaxed because of the funny actions of Sky. The two groups bid their goodbyes and IM4GINE went back to their waiting room.

"Ya! Am I the only one who felt that the mood earlier was so awkward?" Choon Hee asked the members.

"When we all entered?" Sky asked which the former nodded. "Yeah! I know, right? They were like straightly staring at L!" Sky exclaimed.

L who was watching her phone looked at the two members when she heard her name, "Ne? What's that?" she asked.

"Did something happen between you and EXO-sunbaenim?" Sky straightforwardly asked which made L choke from the sudden question.

"Ha? No! Most of them only saw me today. What would happen?" she awkwardly chuckled. It is true that this is their first time to see her in person but she feels like they know the sasaeng incident because of the way they look at her.

"Really? It seems like you have something from them with the way they stare at you a while ago," Sky added which made L sweat in nervousness.

"No. That's just your imagination!" she exclaimed and laughed awkwardly.

Fortunately, they didn't ask her anymore so she just continued watching through her phone. But it actually bothers her whether all the EXO members know about the incident. It also bothered her whether she should tell her members about the incident or not.

Speaking of EXO, she remembered that she has to do something today before they leave the broadcasting station. She went beside Hyeon-U and asked, "Hyeon-U manager-nim, how long will be our waiting time be?"

Since they are already done with their stage, they still have to wait for the other groups to finish performing then they will be going up the stage again for the announcement of the winner.

"Hm...Probably, 7 hours. Why?" he asked then she just shook her head and changed the topic, "What time we'll have our lunch?"

"Are you hungry already? Didn't you have a sandwich this morning?" the manager chuckled when she nodded. "Your fans will deliver lunchboxes later at 12 PM. Just wait a little more," he responded.

"Okay! Thank you, our manager-nim! You're the best!" she cheered and gave the manager a thumbs up then she left the manager laughing at her gesture.

She always tries her best to compliment their staff as much as she can even if she's tired or not in the mood because she knows that they're tired too and may need something to make their confidence back. She does this usually to the younger staff because they are the ones who get to do more errands and receive harsh criticisms from their seniors, this is also why she's closer to Hyeon-U than Yong Sun. Yong Sun is known to be harsh to her juniors and Hyeon-U always gets a mouthful of criticisms from her since he works directly from her and the members usually hear this.

L feels bad for their staff that's why she always does what she is told to do as soon as the order was given to her by the staff. Then always gives them compliments at the end of the day. She became more popular with the staff with this attitude and they are all wishing her to be more successful someday.

She went back to her seat and get her bag. She looked around and saw that Sky and Choon Hee are sleeping on the floor while Kim Jae is reading in the corner. Some staff is also sleeping because they all woke up so early this morning. Hyeon-U went outside, probably to check if their foods are there, while their main manager is outside as well to talk with some production staff.

L was about to go out when Kim Jae noticed her and asked, "L, where are you going?"

"Oh? Uhm..Restroom," she simply answered and immediately went outside to avoid her follow-up question.

The rookie idol is looking around the busy hallway, trying to see if anyone recognizes her. She entered the elevator and greeted the staff inside the elevator then clicked the number above her current floor.

She arrived at the upper floor then looked around again. It's so quiet in here compared to their waiting room hallway. There are almost no people walking in the hallway. She looked around again, cautiously, then arrived at her destination.

She looked at the name of the room if she was in the right place and she is. She looked around once more before living a box in front of the door with a note in it saying,

Fighting!

- To EXO