Chapter 3

Behind The Scenes (Chanyeol Fanfic)

'Saranghaeyo!'

A year has passed but I can still remember everything that happened that day, the eye contact we had, the way he smiled so wide, his dimples that are so deep, his soft hands that held my hand, my phone that he returned to me with full storage.

Right. My phone. Apparently, they took pictures backstage using my phone. There's a selfie of him with each member. There are also group photos. He also took a photo of them fixing their mics off stage. There are also group pictures with other fans, so I had to post those pictures online to find the fans who were with them. I posted it so I can share the overflowing happiness I had with my phone. 

And because of those photos, my follower count on Twitter raised overnight, and it's still rising. I met so many online mutuals, including fans from other countries and other fandoms. They are asking me what did I do to make Chanyeol notice me, but I couldn't answer because I really don't know why he noticed me. 

If you're curious about the fangirl friend I met at the concert, I haven't really asked her what was her name because she left immediately after the concert. I still haven't found her on social media, either. I wish I can find her soon because I'm really grateful to her. She's one of the reasons why my first ever concert is unforgettable.

"Are you ready?" my sister asked after packing her things. I nodded and pushed my bag outside our room.

"Are all your things complete? I don't want you telling me that you forgot something while we're on the way already," my mom warned.

We double-checked our things and we're good to go!

'Wait for me South Korea!'

I'm actually heading to South Korea for a one-week vacation with my older sister and mom. Although I'm already legal age, my mom still wanted to come because she wants to travel even though she's not into Korean stuff.

It's currently 9 PM in Philippine time and our flight is around 11 PM tonight so we need to be at the airport for at least an hour before our flight since we still need to check-in and hand over our luggage.

My dad drove us to the airport and we arrived there at 10 PM. We had enough time to do everything we needed to do. 30 minutes before boarding, we already arrived at our boarding gate.

I took some pictures as a remembrance and posted them online. My social media is now full of notifications asking me where I am going and some who knows where I am going asked to buy them some gifts from Korea.

I was talking to some of my mutuals and friends when I heard the announcement that we are now asked to board our plane. I said my goodbyes to my mutuals and friends through chat and we all stood up to fall in line.

"Are you excited?" my sister asked and I immediately nodded with a big smile as a response.

She laughed because of how excited I am and guide me to the line.

My sister is actually a Shawol (fan of Shinee) that's why we somehow came to this agreement to visit South Korea this year. We're also both fans of Korean dramas so we really clicked with each other with this kind of stuff.

We have a 9 year so she's already working while I'm still in college but despite the , we're really close with the help of our same interests. One advantage of having a working sister, she's the one who paid for our tickets!

I can't wait to breathe the same air again with EXO members! Wah! I'm so excited! I wish I'd be able to see them in person again!

Our flight lasted for 4 hours. Since there's an hour difference, we arrived at 4 AM in Korean time.

We're finally here! It's not just a dream anymore! I'm really at Incheon airport. Koreans are everywhere and there are no more subtitles! I can see right in front of my eyes their beautiful and modern airport. High technologies are everywhere. I can see airport robots roaming around.

My sister went to the help desk to retrieve the pocket Wi-Fi that we rented for our stay here. We also went to the convenience store inside the airport to load our T-Money card or the card that they use for transportation.

We went outside to wait for the airport bus that will take us to the bus stop near our accommodation. As soon as we went outside, we realized that it's cold and it feels like we went into an air-conditioned room when in reality, we're already outside.

Everything is so new to me. We were so amazed by the cold weather that we couldn't experience in the Philippines. I can't help but think, I hope the Philippines can be like this too.

"It's so cold," my mom commented while trying to wear another layer of the jacket. I and my sister did the same when the airport bus arrived.

We stepped in and the guy welcomed us and pointed to the tap machine where the T-Money should be tapped. Both I and my sister tapped it on the screen when it was supposed to be tapped below the screen.

My mom said, "It's not like that. Tap it below the screen," she corrected me.

We were all laughing because of our stupid mistake. I think my mom has tried this somewhere else that's why she knew how to do it. I wonder what was the guy thinking about us?

It's still early in the morning so my mom and sister took a nap on the way. I didn't take a nap because I want to make the most of the memories while I'm here. I want to remember everything as much as I can and see the similarities and differences between South Korea compared to the Philippines.

We arrived at our accommodation by 6 in the morning and took a quick nap since most of the establishments are probably still close by this time. Our accommodation is a hanok, where we sleep on a heated floor. 

"Wah! The floor is so warm," I said while feeling the floor with my whole body. "It's so cold outside. I kinda want to say here longer," I continued.

My sister laughed and said, "You should make the most out of the cold weather. You can't feel that cold in our country."

"You're right. Wah! I'm loving this country already. It might grow on me," I responded while trying to get a comforter to cover myself.

My mom is already asleep in the corner and it seems like she's not feeling well because of the cold weather.

I checked my phone for messages from my friends and informed them that I'm already here. After that, I also took a nap.

---

"Let's go. We have a schedule we need to follow," said my sister, trying to wake us up.

"Okay!" I excitedly said and dressed up for the cold weather that's waiting for me outside.

Our first stop is Gyeongbokgung Palace. We also dressed up with Hanbok, their traditional dress. 

"Are you enjoying it?" my mom asked while we're roaming around the palace. I nodded with a smile on my face so she smiled back.

"I'm hungry," I said when I heard my stomach growl. Come to think of it, our last meal was last night and we haven't eaten anything yet after we arrived here.

"Okay. Let's go back to the renting shop to give back our dresses then let's eat after," my sister suggested.

We all went to the renting shop and changed into our personal clothes then went to a nearby restaurant. We ordered pajeon (Korean pancake), japchae (Korean glass noodles), and large bibimbap. Our food arrived and it makes me salivate because of the big portions they gave us. 

"Mashike mogo (Have a good meal)," the ahjumma (middle-aged lady) said in which I answered, "Ne. Jalmukesumneda! (Yes. I will eat well!)" she smiled when I answered in Korean as well. 

I've been trying to learn the Korean language ever since I became a big fan of EXO. It's actually one of my dreams to become their translator or interpreter someday so I'll use all my Korean vocabulary during our stay here. This is also a test if I learned and remember everything I studied. 

"What did you,  guys, talk about?" my curious mom asked.

I laughed and said, "She said to enjoy our meal and I said thank you for the food and we'll eat it well." 

"I didn't know you speak their language," she commented in which I answered, "I'm still trying to learn their language so I can understand EXO even without the subtitles," and we all laughed.

"Speaking of your EXO, we're going tonight at SM COEX right?" my sister asked and I nodded.

EXO has a fan sign event today in SM COEX but I did not make it to the list, so I'll just wait for them outside when they arrive.

"What time is that? Is it far?" my mom asked while munching the japchae, it seems like she liked it.

"It's not that far. We'll probably go there before 10 PM," my sister answered.

"That's too late already. I won't go with you anymore. It's too cold for me." my mom said and we both said okay to her. She still looks pale because of the cold weather and she won't enjoy waiting for EXO anyway so we just agreed and let her stay at our hanok. 

We went home first after visiting the N Seoul Tower to take a rest then by 7 PM I and my sister went to Gangnam to take a quick look at the famous K-Star Road. It's quite late already so we just took a few photos with the SHINee and EXO statues then quickly took a bus again going to the SM COEX.

"There are so many people," we simultaneously said when we arrived at the venue.

Fans are all over the place. It was easy for us to locate where we'll get the chance to see EXO arriving because of the crowd of fans at the side of the building.

We went there and look for a good view. We found marble stairs at the side so we climbed up those stairs. It's far from the entrance so I'll just super zoom in on the camera of my phone when they arrive.

It's already 10 PM and the members are not yet here. I thought that artists' can be late here as well, like in the Philippines. I chuckled at the thought of it.

"Maybe they already get inside using another entrance," my sister commented, "Let's go already. The museum might close if we stay here longer," she added.

We still need to take a look inside the SMTown Museum so my sister is telling me that we should go already.

30 minutes have passed and there's still no sign of any EXO member. I'm losing my chance.

Will I not be able to see them in their own country?

Will I lose my chance to see them?

Did they really use another entrance to go in?

I sighed and looked at my sister. I nodded at her as a sign that we should go already.

But as soon as I landed my first step down the stairs, the fans shouted and cheered. I quickly went up again and there I saw their cars are arriving.

The cars parked in front of the entrance and the members stepped out one by one.

The fans immediately cheered and I can feel my hands shaking while taking a video.

D.O. was the first one to go out and he really looks like a penguin with his padded jacket on and is also wearing his hoody.

Xiumin smiled in front of the fans before following D.O. inside the elevator.

Chen and Baekhyun are the next members who stepped out of the car.

It took the next members a while to come out of their cars but as soon as they went out, the crowd went wild again. Suho and Sehun both went out of the car. And Suho, as good-natured he is, waved to the fans, while Sehun just kept his hoody on and went inside.

And lastly, the tall guy that I've been waiting for went out of the car trying to wear his white padded jacket while climbing up the stairs to the elevator. I could only see his back but I knew it was him.

Lay didn't make it to the fan sign event because he's already promoting in China but at least I finally see 8 over 9 members after 1 year!

It was nice seeing you again, Park Chanyeol.

---

The next day, we visited a 3D Art Museum near Hongdae. Our pictures were so nice. Then we shop some gifts for our friends in Hongdae.

Then we visited the Running Man museum. It was so fun because there are so many mini-games that they put inside an underground museum. We also got a pin souvenir with the Running Man logo on it. I wish we stayed longer but we were on a tight schedule so we just stayed for an hour.

After that, we visited Viva Polo or a restaurant run by Chanyeol's mother, Mama Park as the fans call her. We ate pesto and risotto. I was asked to choose which I prefer between coffee and choco, so I chose coffee thinking that it'll be a latte coffee. But it was actually a hot Americano. I think that was the first I had an americano and I don't think I'll ever try it again because of how bitter it was.

Anyway, the walls are painted with Chanyeol's face because of the fan art. There are some pictures of the other members as well. There are also fan arts for Chanyeol's sister, Yoora, who's an announcer. I also met Toben, the rebel dog of Chanyeol who doesn't obey him. Toben is so cute and behaves beside Mama Park. 

I was the one who paid for our meal and Mama Park was the one who assisted me in the cashier. My hand was shaking while giving her our payment and I couldn't look at her straight in the eye so I just bowed my head.

"Kamsahamnida! (Thank you!)" that's what Mama Park said when she gave me the change.

I bowed and replied, "Jalmogosubnida (I ate well)."

I and my sister bowed when we left and waved Toben goodbye, who was looking at us when we were about to go out. He's really cute. How can he be so tamed when he's with Mama Park and become the complete opposite with Chanyeol? I laughed at that thought. 

Our next destination was Everland. It was a long bus ride again since it's located in a province outside Seoul. It was so cool because it's my first time seeing wild animals inside an amusement park. We didn't ride any rides inside because I was too scared and it's too cold to ride one. So we just looked around and bought some souvenirs. There's also a nice garden inside so we took some photos as well, especially on the spots where Running Man usually shoots their episodes.

Is it obvious that we're also a big fan of Running Man? It's a really funny variety show and every episode makes me laugh. I actually watch it whenever I feel like laughing.

We rode a double-decker bus on our way home and we sat on the 2nd floor of the bus. It's another first time for me! It's an hour ride so my sister and mom took a nap while I enjoy the night ride.

We get off at a bus stop and we still need to walk a distance to get to our accommodation. It's almost 10 PM already so all the establishments are close. We walked in a dark street with blinking street lamps and we're the only ones walking there. It was kinda creepy so my sister and mom walked so fast. I was too tired and sleepy to walk that's why I couldn't catch up with their pace.

I heard some camera shutters at my back so I turned around only to be pulled by someone into a very dark alley.

Oh god. Please don't kill me.