Chapter 6

Behind The Scenes (Chanyeol Fanfic)

"We're here," Do Yun manager announced when I was about to ask for a follow-up question, "It's around that street. Do you know which way to go already?" he continued.

"Ah. Yes," I answered after scanning the familiar streets, "Thank you so much for giving me a ride and letting me borrow your phone a while ago. I promise I won't let anyone know what happened today," I continued.

I said my goodbye and Do Yun manager said his goodbye too. I was waiting for Chanyeol to say his goodbye but he was just looking in front. I looked at him one last time before shutting the door.

I guess that's it for my one-night dream. It was really magical and full of surprises.

I walked away from the car when I heard someone call my name, "L-ssi!"

And with that, my heart started to pump again. It was just one letter, one word, one syllable, but it really made my heart pump so much.

I looked back at him and he was already running in my direction.

"Why? Did I forget something?" I asked while trying to check my pocket which only has the T-Money in it.

"Let me walk you home," and with that, everyone, I fainted.

Just kidding. But really, I feel like fainting at this moment. He said it so casually but it makes my heart jump out of joy. Let's calm down heart, please. Let's not be flirty.

"Your manager might scold you and people might recognize you. I know my way already. You don't have to walk me home," I said, trying to convince him but deep inside I want him to stay.

Oh god. What's wrong with me? Why am I so flirty?

No. L. Your parents didn't raise you up to be like that. Calm your heart and let him go. Let's protect his image.

"Nah. It's fine. I'll walk you home, I insist," he replied and started to walk forward so I followed him.

"You really don't have to," my hard-to-get self said.

"I just want to make sure that you really make it home," he said looking back at me and smiling.

And that's it, everybody, my flirty self won!

How can he smile like that? He's such a flirt! And why would he choose those kinds of words? It makes my heart flutter so much!

Any girl would fall for that! Shouldn't he put some barriers knowing that I'm his fan? I might become his sasaeng if I become too obsessed with him because of his words.

I ran to keep up with his long steps, "A while ago..." I started, "You said because it's me. What do you mean about that?" I asked because I'm curious!

"Aren't you my fan?" he asked in return and I said yes, "then I believe that you won't harm me because you're my fan. And I think that's enough," he continued and smiled at me again.

How can he be this sweet and charming at the same time?

With these kinds of words from him, it makes me think that I really chose the right man to stan.

"But aren't those sasaengs your fans as well?" I asked again and he shook his head, "No. I don't think of them as my fans. True fans know their limits and understand their idols well," he answered. 

We just walked a few more steps before we arrived in front of our accommodation.

"It was nice to finally meet you," he said handing his hand for a shake hand and I shook that then smiled.

"It's really nice to meet you," I replied.

"Are you sure you don't want any money or something?" he asked again and I laughed then shook my head. 

"Meeting you is more than enough. I feel like I had a free fan sign event today," I chuckled.

"Wow. Your hi-touch pass is on a different level then," he joked which made me blush and reminded me of what happened.

He laughed harder because of my reaction so I had to slightly slap his shoulder to make him stop.

"Excuse me, Chanyeol-ssi! Please stop with the teasing," I said when he continued to laugh.

"Oh. We're on a first-name basis already? I like that," he said then winked.

"You can go now if you're done with your flowery words," I said showing the way jokingly and we both chuckled.

He waved me a goodbye one last time before starting to walk away.

"Don't trust people like me too much!" I yelled. He just chuckled and left for real.

Gosh. Park Chanyeol, I am now head over heels with you. How can you flirt with me like that?

Hey, flirty self! Stop assuming! He's just being kind.

Whatever his kind gestures are, I know that my heart fluttered so much today because of him. This is really an unforgettable and tiring day.

I entered the house and my mom is already there. We messaged my sister who's still waiting at the bus stop. And yes, I forgot that she said she'd wait for me there so it's another hour of scolding for me.

Chanyeol's POV

"Ya! Chanyeol, where did you go? Did you meet some girls again? It's already past midnight," our loving leader, Suho, asked when I arrived home.

I answered him with a big smile and said, "Our caring and loving leader, did you miss me?" trying to hug him.

He immediately avoided me and responded, "Ya! You're still wearing your outside clothes. Go wash up already!" he scolded.

I didn't mind him and just went to my room. I washed up and changed my clothes then I laid down on my bed remembering what happened today.

*Flashback*

*shutter*
*shutter*

I went out to buy some drinks from the convenience store nearby when I heard some camera shutters around.

I looked at my side and there I saw some sasaeng fans holding their cameras.

Aigoo. They're here again. Don't they have anything to do? It's almost midnight already. Are they camping outside our dorm? They've been following me already the whole day with all my schedules.

I just sighed and ran for my life. I heard them run too. When will they stop following me? I'm tired already. Ugh.

I stopped in a dark street for a while trying to catch my breath and thinking I lost them already but I heard their footsteps again. Ugh. Please let this torture stop.

I ran again then I saw someone walking alone in the dark street. I didn't have much time to think so I just pulled her inside a dark alley because of panic.

The next thing I knew I was kissing her so hard already because of panic that these sasaengs might recognize me.

As soon as I realized what I did, I immediately regretted it because I had to fix another problem because of those sasaeng fans.

Oh god. What have I done?

That's the only thing that run through my mind while she was punching me. When I realized that she stopped punching and kicking me, I stood up quickly before I lose my composure.

Who would have thought that a star like me would be punched in a dark alley, like this?

I looked at her and caught a glimpse of her. She looks really familiar but it was kind of dark so I wasn't sure.

While I was watching her outside the convenience store and got to see her face properly because of the bright lights, that's when I discovered that it was the same girl from our concert in the Philippines.

I couldn't forget her face because of how angelic and pretty she is. She also comforted me with the banner she made. I'm still keeping it with me and I'm actually planning to frame it. It really makes me work harder whenever I see it.

I panicked when she started to cry so I had to do something. As much as I want to be with her longer, it seems like she wants to go home already. So I just went to the dorm of our managers since she didn't want to go to our dorm. Speaking of that, I didn't know I'll be rejected with that offer though.  I mean, I do meet girls and sometimes ask them if they want to go to our dorm for my privacy but this is the first time a girl rejected my offer. She's really something. I smiled at the thought of it.

"Hyung! I found her!" that's what I said the moment I entered Do Yun hyung's room.

He was scrolling through his phone when I entered then he got up to ask me what am I doing there then I told him what happened. He immediately rose from his bed and ran to the door while scolding me.

At the car, I couldn't contain myself from asking questions because I've been meaning to ask questions ever since I realized that she's the girl from the Philippines. But I couldn't because she was still shocked and panicking. And when she calmed down in the car, that's when I blurted out all my questions.

I can see Do Yun manager shaking his head while driving because of how talkative I was. I actually told her to my members on our way home from the Philippines and he heard the story because he was the one driving. So he knows that I find her interesting.

I was so happy when she started a conversation with me so I couldn't contain my happiness and just keeps on smiling at her. That's when she asked me why I trust her in which I answered honestly,

"Because it's you."

I trust my guts that I can trust her and that she won't reveal anything that happened today in public. With how she acted with that sasaeng fan in our concert and handled it calmly, I knew she's someone anyone can trust. I know I was rushing with this thinking, but I just want to trust her, and I know I can trust her.

She even rejected my offer to go to our dorm then closed her eyes when she thought we went to our dorm. I mean, I didn't know fans like her would respect my privacy that much. Some girls I brought home even attempted to look for our dorm's passcode.

When we arrived, I feel like I couldn't say goodbye to her. So I didn't say anything when she was saying goodbye. I don't know when I'll be able to see her again after this and I find it hard to say goodbye to her.

"Why didn't you say goodbye?" Do Yun hyung asked. 

"You're right. Hyung, you're right," I said after realizing something, "I haven't seen her in a year and now I'm finally seeing her again. I shouldn't waste this opportunity," I continued before opening the door and shouting her name.

"L-ssi!" I shouted.

Before shutting the door, I even heard Do Yun hyung say, "Ya! Where are you going? I didn't mean it like that! Go back inside!" which I didn't follow.

I immediately ran towards her and walk her home.

She looks so adorable catching up on my long steps because my one step is two steps for her.

Oh god. How can she be so adorable? Even her blushing face is adorable. And her shy chuckle.

I mean, does she know that she's adorable when she does that? Is she flirting with me with those tactics?

I said goodbye to her and finally went home. I was scolded by Do Yun hyung for what I did but I was just smiling the whole car ride. I wish I can see her again,

soon.