Chapter 5

Behind The Scenes (Chanyeol Fanfic)

"What? What did you say?" I asked Chanyeol, and he just walked and said, "Nothing. Let's go."

"Where are we going?" I asked while wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Just follow me," he replied, and we walked for a while before arriving in front of a tall building, which I'm guessing is an apartment building. "By the way, I haven't asked you your name. May I know your name?" he asked while we're walking.

"I'm Elleven. You can call me L." I answered while following in his footsteps. "As in the English number?" he asked. I nodded my head even though he can't see because he's in front of me.

"Except that my name has a double L," I replied. 

"Where are we?" I asked, but he just punched a few numbers at the door and entered the building. Don't tell me we're in their dorm building?

"What? Don't you want to go home?" he asked when I didn't follow him inside. I shook my head and followed him inside. 

We entered the elevator and I just duck my head so I wouldn't know which floor their dorm is if it's really their dorm we're going to. I guess he noticed me because he laughed and held my chin up for me to see the floor, but I quickly closed my eyes.

"Don't worry, it's not our dorm building. Open your eyes now. We're here," he said laughing and got out of the elevator. 

We went to the end of the hallway then he punched the passcode of the door which made me look the other way so I won't see the passcode that made him laugh again. Is he that happy for torturing me like this? Why is he exposing his privacy to me? What if I sell all this information to his sasaengs? But I know I won't because I respect his privacy more than anyone else but still! He shouldn't trust me so much! 

"Hyuuung! (Older brother)" he shouted the moment he entered the place. He looked back at me who didn't budge in front of the entrance then he pulled me inside.

"Ya! Park Chanyeol! It's midnight already, why are you barging in our dorm?" I heard from the guy inside which I haven't seen yet because I'm still at hyeon gwan (or the small area just inside the front door where people take their shoes off before entering the house or building)

"Where's Do Yun hyung?" Chanyeol asked the guy which he answered with, "I don't know. Maybe at his room watching yadong," he joked.

"Hyung, stop it. I brought someone," Chanyeol warned and probably smacked the head of the guy because I heard a groan from him.

"What? Who? Where?" he asked before peeking at the entrance where I am located and I can see how shocked he was because that someone is a foreigner and to add to that, a girl,  "Oh it's a woman," he blurted with his wide eyes and open mouth looking at me. 

I bowed at him and awkwardly said, "Annyeong haseyo," which he bowed in return. "Ah. Ne. Annyeong haseyo," he quickly said before shouting Chanyeol's name as if he's ready to scold him. 

I wonder where we are and who are these guys?

"What?! What did you say? Are you telling me you brought a girl to our dorm? Isn't it enough that you keep on bringing girls to your dorm? Are you crazy?" I heard a hysterical shout from another guy. I can hear Chanyeol trying to explain while their voices are nearing my location. "How could you bring..a..girl...here..." and the guy, I'm assuming he's Do Yun hyung who Chanyeol called earlier. 

He stopped talking the moment he saw me so I bowed and there goes another awkward greeting. 

"Come in. Come in. Welcome," he said in English, inviting me inside. I looked at Chanyeol and he nodded with a smile to assure me that I don't need to worry. So I removed my shoes and went inside with them while they're still fighting while whispering. 

"Ya! Are you crazy?! How could you bring a foreigner here? And she's a girl? What did you do to cause this trouble? Did you make her pregnant? Does she want to file a lawsuit against you? What did you do?" this hyung keeps on panicking so I slightly chuckled while following them.

How can I get pregnant with just a kiss? I thought. 

"Ya! Hyung! Be careful with your words. She can understand you. And how can I get a girl pregnant when I'm so busy that I don't even have the time to meet some girls anymore! You're my manager, shouldn't you know that fact?" Chanyeol argued and made a sorry look to me when he heard me chuckle, probably he knew that I understood what they were saying. 

So Do Yun hyung is his manager. I didn't know since most of the time their managers are blurred out of the pictures I see so I don't know what their managers look like and they don't really mention their managers' names.

"What? She can understand us? Heol. I had a hard time coming up with English words a while ago, why didn't you say earlier?" he complained and looked at me with an apologetic smile, "Please take a seat," he said, this time in Korean. 

I sat at their mini sofa where the other guys were sitting earlier before the manager told them to go to their own rooms. They awkwardly greeted me first before going back to their rooms. But I can sense that they are still peeking from their doors and listening to us.

"So, can you tell me what really happened?" manager Do Yun asked Chanyeol.

"Didn't I tell you already earlier?" annoyed reply of Chanyeol which made him get a smack from manager Do Yun and he groaned in pain. 

"Just tell me already," he insisted so Chanyeol explained everything again from the very beginning till the time we end up here in their dorm.

"So you're telling me you caused trouble to this innocent civilian because your sasaengs keep on following you?" manager Do Yun summarized.

"That's what I've been saying this whole time," Chanyeol said with hand gestures because he's been repeating his story.

"Now what shall we do? Are you going to file a lawsuit against him for harassment or something? Do you want money? What should we do to keep this a secret? I hope you understand that we just want to protect his image. You know how popular he is and we don't want to ruin his image just because of this one stupid mistake. Please forgive him. He really didn't mean it. Those sasaengs were harassing him too much that's why he needed your help. I know that he didn't get your consent with what he did to you but I promise, in the name of my mom, that he won't do that again. Just please tell us what we should do to compensate you and you will keep this a secret, " manager Do Yun pleaded to me.

I quickly shook my head and responded, "No, no, no. It's fine. I understand what happened and why he did that. I just want to call my sister right now and tell her that I'm okay because she's probably panicking now. Also, I need to ask her how I'll get home because I'm not yet familiar with the buses here."

"Yes. Of course. Of course. Where's the phone? Get my phone! Faster!" he panicky said to Chanyeol, and the latter ran quickly to the manager's room and got the phone.

"Here's the phone," Chanyeol said before handing me the phone. I said thanks and dialed my sister's Korean number.

Thankfully, I memorized her Korean phone number when we were on the bus a while ago because I was bored. Gahd. Sometimes I feel really proud of myself for how smart I am.

*In English*

 "Hello?" my sister answered quickly and I replied with, "It's me, L."

I heard a sigh of relief from the other line but I was shocked when she suddenly shouted to me, "Where the heck are you?! You suddenly disappeared and you're just calling now?!" I had to put away the phone from my ear because of how loud she is. I think Chanyeol and manager Do Yun even heard it because they look shocked. 

"Uhm...I saw uhm...an EXO merchandise so I was supposed to buy it but I uhm...got lost when you and mom are already gone when I turned my head. So uhm...someone helped me by letting me borrow their phone. But I'm fine. You don't have to worry. I just uhm..don't know how will I go home," I explained to her. She still said a few rants before telling me, "Ask the one who helped you where's your current location and I'll just go there."

Chanyeol and Do Yun manager heard it so they quickly shook their head no because my sister will know what really happened if I tell her their address.

"No!" I said panicking, "Uh.. Just tell me what's our address so I can ask for directions," I continued.

"Are you sure? I can just pick you up since it's already past midnight. It's dangerous to go alone," my sister initiates and I said, "No! It's fine. This is Korea so it's safe here. No worries. Just tell me our address," I assure her.

She just told me our address in which Chanyeol wrote in his hands so we can remember it. She still keeps on initiating to fetch me but I keep saying no so in the end she surrendered and said she'll just wait at the bus stop near our house.

*in Korean*

After the call ended, they both stood up and I asked them, "Can you tell me which way and which bus should I take to go home?"

"We'll take you home," Chanyeol simply answered while wearing his padded jacket and cap that he removed earlier.

Manager Do Yun, on the other hand, came back with car keys in his hand.

"What? No. It's fine. I can just take the bus. I have my T-Money with me," I insisted but Chanyeol just pulled me from my seat and guide me to the hyeon gwan to make me wear my shoes.

"There's no more bus that you can catch because it's already past midnight and Korea is not as safe as you think it is. Besides, we caused you trouble so just let us give you a ride home. That's the least thing we can do for you," manager Do Yun explained with Chanyeol nodding at his side in agreement.

I just surrendered and let them give me a ride. They gave me a cap and face mask to cover my face in case anyone sees us. Chanyeol also wore a face mask given by his manager.

We rode a black KIA Grand Carnival van which is the same van I saw yesterday that EXO rode.

Wah. I can't believe I'll be able to ride their car. I was just dreaming to see them in person again but I am actually riding their car right now. How can I be this lucky? Did I really save my country in my last life?

My thoughts were disturbed when Chanyeol asked me from the front seat, "Are you here just for vacation?"

Which I replied with a nod. I'm still fascinated with the car and the fact that I've been having a conversation with Chanyeol this whole time!

And that Chanyeol actually kissed me. Oh god. How lucky can I be? I can feel my cheeks burning when I remember everything that happened earlier.

"How long will your vacation be?" he asked again and this time I answered, "5 days. But tomorrow's our last day."

"That's fast," he commented and continued with, "What time is your flight?"

"I think 9 PM, so we'll probably go to the airport by 5 in the afternoon," I replied and he just nodded.

"I just want to ask," he started so I looked at him but it made my heart flutter when I realized he's been looking back at me the whole time we're having a conversation.

I was just roaming my eyes around the car and looking outside for the view when we were talking but he was actually looking at me.

He smiled when I looked at him and continued, "How can you be so good in Korean?" he asked curiously.

"Ah. No. I don't think I'm that good. I only know a few things," I chuckled awkwardly because I feel shy that he's complimenting my Korean.

"I don't think so. We've been talking in Korean and I think you understood everything," he insisted.

"Yes. Right. It really seems like she understood everything we talked about a while ago. Do you major in Korean language or something?" manager Do Yun agreed while driving.

"Ah. No. I'm just trying to learn your language at my own pace whenever I have some free time," I explained.

"So you're self-studying our language?" Chanyeol said, amazed. "You're really good then!" he said and even raised his thumb up to me.

I just laughed at his reactions. He's really good with reactions it makes my heart flutter.

"But I'm curious," he started another conversation with me. I didn't know he can be this talkative with a stranger. "Aren't you from the Philippines?" he asked. I nodded in return and he continued, "Did you perhaps attend one of our concerts there?" I replied with a nod again.

Oh my god. Don't tell me he remembered me?

Ey. I don't think so. There's no way he remembers me.

"Right? I'm right! I knew it was you!" he said excitingly.

"Do you remember me?" this time I am shocked again.

"Of course! You're the girl at the front who got bullied by our sasaeng!" he said, still excited.

"Wait, what? Bullied? Did I get bullied without me knowing? And sasaeng? What sasaeng?" I asked with a questioning look.

"Yes! Aren't you the one who got her hair pulled twice because of the Korean girl in the front row? The ball that I gave you even got stolen by that girl," he explained.

"Did you see all that? And you remember it?" Shock is probably all over my face now.

He nodded and replied, "Of course! You guys are making a commotion there so I saw it," he said laughing.

"Heol. That was so embarrassing. You shouldn't have seen that," I said while covering my face because of embarrassment.

"You don't have to be shy. You didn't do wrong. It was that sasaeng fan who did wrong," he tried to comfort me.

"Is that your sasaeng?" I asked and got a nod as an answer from him.

That's when our conversation ended. We sat there in silence while I'm looking at the view outside the window. I felt awkward with the silence so I tried to start a conversation.

"But..." I started so he looked back at me again.

"Yes? Go on. Tell me. Do you need something?" he asked.

"I've been meaning to ask since a while ago. How can you trust me this much?" I said with all my courage since I probably won't have a chance like this again, "I mean, how can you be sure that I won't tell other people about what happened? How can you laugh freely in front of me? How can you be so sure that I won't break my promise?" there are just too many questions I want to ask him or them but those are the only questions I could blurt out.

I looked at him when he didn't answer and he was just looking at me then smiled,

"because it's you."