Chapter 4

Behind The Scenes (Chanyeol Fanfic)

I'm so scared that I can hear my heart beating so fast. Someone's hand is covering my mouth, so I couldn't shout for help.

Who is this man? What does he want from me? Is he a ert? Does he want money? But I don't have money. My money's with my sister. He can't get anything from me.

What about my sister and mom? Didn't they see me get dragged? Ugh. Why did I have to walk so slowly today? Why didn't they wait for me?

Will he kill me? Then he'll sell my organs? Will this be the end of my life? Won't I be able to see Chanyeol again? But I just saw a glimpse of him last night!

There are so many things running through my mind right now and this man in front of me is still covering my mouth. I couldn't see his face because it was so dark and there's only a single street light that isn't even working in this alley.

*in Korean*

'Ya! Where is he?'

'I don't know. He was just walking here.'

'Ya! How did you lose such a tall guy?'

'Wait. Let's look in this alley.'

I heard some girls talking at the end of the alley. I'm starting to lose my breath which I think he noticed that's why he removed his hand covering my mouth.

"I'm sorry. Please help me this once," he whispered but I didn't listen and tried to shout for help from the girls I heard but it became a little grumble because he immediately placed his hand at my mouth again.

'What was that?'

'I think it came from that alley.'

'Let's look at it closely.'

I heard the girls say going on our location. I was about to fight this man in front of me but everything happened so fast.

The next thing I knew he's already kissing me and I'm completely frozen because of shock. My eyes are wide open while he closed his eyes firmly while kissing me. It wasn't just a simple kiss but he's actually kissing me so hard. 

What the hell is wrong with this guy? Am I really going to lose my ity in this dark alley? And with this ert man? Oh god. No.  Please! He already stole my first kiss and I won't let him! 

'Ya! I think they're making out.'

'Let's just go the other way.'

'Yikes. Why would they make out here in the open?'

'Get a room!'

And that was the last thing I heard from them before they ran out of the alley.

With all the strength I have, I finally was able to push the man in front of me which made him bump to the street lamp. I punched him continuously and kicked his stomach.

"Sorry. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. Please stop. I'm sorry." He keeps on repeating while I'm still punching him.

I was about to kick him again when the light from the street lamp and it made me see a glimpse of his face.

I stepped back from him when I managed to see him clearly. I looked at him from head to toe. I can feel how tall he was a while ago but I can now clearly see his long stature. He's wearing a black padded jacket with his hood on his head. He's also wearing a black cap to cover his face but I'm certain that it's really him.

He looked at me when he felt that I stopped punching him then he stood up properly. 

"Look. I'm really sorry for what I did. I just needed your help. I'll compensate you for what I did, just please don't tell anyone about what happened," he uttered.

I just stayed still and was completely frozen again from shock with what I am seeing in front of me. No. I mean WHO am I seeing in front of me.

"Do you perhaps know me?" he asked which I automatically answered, "Park Chanyeol," probably with my mouth open.

"Yes! Great! You know me. Okay. At least you know I won't run away from you because I'm assuming you also know where's my company. Look. Just tell me how much do you want to compensate for what I did to you," he continued.

I didn't answer and just stared at him. I'm still shocked by who's in front of me. Am I dreaming? Did I actually sleep on the bus? Or am I actually daydreaming? 

"I'm really sorry for what I did. I know that you're shocked by what I did. It's just that those girls are my sasaeng fans (obsessed fans), and they've been following me all day. I just wanted to lose them so they'll stop following me. I had no other choice but to cover myself by pretending we're together. I'm really really so---" he tries to explain but stopped in the middle when he tried to step closer to me and saw my face, "Wait. Wait. Wait." he said, I guess shocked because I'm not a Korean and he's been talking to me in Korean.

"Are you a foreigner?" he continued and this time in English. I nodded, "Oh. Ah..I'm sorry. Uhm..ah...sorry with the...uh...kiss," he tried to explain in English but it's obvious that he can't explain himself that well in English.

"It's okay. I understood everything that you said a while ago. I can understand a little Korean," I replied to him in Korean and he immediately sighed in relief.

"That's a relief. I didn't know what to say if you didn't understand me," he said in Korean which I laughed at because of how he sighed multiple times while holding his chest, "So, uhm..Is there anything I can do for you as compensation for what I did?" he asked again.

"I guess lending me a phone that can help me call my sister and mom because they're probably worried now," I said in return.

"Oh. Okay. Sure! No worries!" he replied immediately trying to find a phone in his pockets. "Ah. Right. My phone's with my manager. Uhm..Do you mind if we walk to our dorm so you can use our dorm's telephone instead? It's just nearby!" he explained. 

"Ah. No. No. No. I don't want to invade your privacy. Maybe we can just use a payphone or something around the area,"  I replied panicking because as much as I'm curious about where their dorm is, I don't want to invade their personal space that's why I immediately denied his offer. 

"Wah. I think this is the first time someone rejected my offer to go to our dorm," he laughed and continued, "Let's try to find a payphone then."

We started to walk outside the dark alley then we saw a nearby convenience store that's still open. He offered that he'll be the one to ask the worker inside the store for a payphone but I said it's fine and I'll be the one to talk to the worker instead so he stayed outside the store. 

"Annyeong haseyo," I greeted. It's probably almost midnight already so the worker is sleepy sitting in his chair. He stood up immediately and sat down again probably because he saw that I'm a foreigner, "Do you perhaps have a phone that I can borrow to call someone? I'm sorry. I'm kind of lost right now and I need to call my sister." I explained in Korean which made me receive a frown from him.

"No. No. Go to police there." he replied in English and waved his hand as a sign for me to go out and go to the police.

"Ah. Okay. Thank you," I replied and go out with my head down.

"What did he say?" Chanyeol asked which I replied shaking my head and saying, "He doesn't have one."

"How could he not have one when he's using a phone right now?" he uttered while looking at the man who's playing with his phone, "Let me talk to him instead," he said and was about to walk in the store but I stopped him.

"No. It's fine. He might recognize you. Let's just go to a police station nearby. Maybe we can get help from them," I suggested.

"That's actually riskier for me. They might tell the media if they saw me there," he said to which I agreed.

What should I do now? How am I going home? I don't have money and a phone to call my sister. I mean I am happy that I'm with my bias right now and it's actually not a dream because my hands are still hurting when I punched him earlier. Who could be as lucky as I am, right? I should be happy right? But why are my tears flowing down in my cheeks?

"Hey. Hey. Hey. I'm sorry. Please don't cry. Let's look for a solution together. Please don't cry," he said panicking because I'm starting to cry. 

"What should we do then? I miss my mom! I want to go to my sister! I want to go home! I mean, I'm happy that I'm seeing you in front of me for free, but I miss home!" I said in between sobs which he laughed and whispered,

"You're really that girl I met."