Chapter 12

Behind The Scenes (Chanyeol Fanfic)

A few weeks have passed and they are now preparing for their last stage that will be aired live on the same day that the debut line will be announced.

As L desperately wishes, she's now in the same group as Kim Jae, which is also their leader for this performance. She's actually grown attached to Kim Jae because of her leadership skills. She's kind to all her members and tries her best to hear out every suggestion from her groups. Also, they became closer because Kim Jae and Sky became roommates in one of their group performances and since L often visits Sky in her room, they often meet and tell stories to each other.  

Today is their interim evaluation and, as usual, everyone is nervous about how their mentors will react to their performances. They are asked to go to the main hall to wait for their mentors, who will evaluate them today. 

A few minutes after they came to the main hall, the mentors arrived one by one. 

"How's everyone?" Sunmi asked, and the trainees answered they're fine. "That's great, then. I'm assuming you're all in your best condition because we invited a special mentor just for today," she continued.

Some are curious who is it. Others are excited to see a new face. Everyone was murmuring things and chatting with the person beside them. 

"You can come in now," Sunmi shouted looking at the door. 

Everyone immediately turned their heads on the door and the moment they saw a tall figure walking towards them, they all started to show their shocked faces. Some are covering their mouths, others are slapping the person beside them, then there are people like L, who became frozen the moment they recognized the person.

"Annyeong haseyo! EXO's Chanyeol-imnida," the idol greeted then everyone cheered except L, who's still staring at the man in front. Sky caught this and slapped her, which made her groan in pain then the former laughed at her reaction. 

"He'll be a mentor for a day so make sure you all do your best. Don't embarrass me in front of my hoobae (junior)," BOA joked then everyone laughed and answered with a yes. 

Chanyeol is wearing a gray coat and pants with a brown t-shirt inside. He's also wearing a pair of round glasses and white sneakers. In L's eyes, no one can be this handsome in real life. 

"Ya! I almost forgot how handsome Chanyeol is for staying in here for too long," Sky commented, whispering to L.

L nodded and smiled widely, "I know, right?" obvious that her heart is fluttering because it's been so long since he last saw her idol. 

If you're asking where's Ha Bong Cha in the mids of this chaos, well she got eliminated before their last stage which is why she's not one of the trainees of the survival show anymore. 

"Are you all done checking out Chanyeol? Can we start now with the evaluation?" Tiffany teased, which made some of the trainees feel embarrassed because they've been staring at the idol ever since he entered. Chanyeol just laughed at the comment that made L's heart jump again. 

'Oh god. I missed this man,' L thought. 

The evaluation started and everyone became serious again. Some were given compliments for a job well done while others are scolded for not being prepared enough. The guest mentor is also serious in evaluating the trainees which made L more nervous because it's her idol who will evaluate her. 

"Next group, please," one trainer called for the group of L. They're now the next performer.

It's obvious that L is trembling when she tried to stand up but only end up sitting again because of her trembling joints. Some trainees laughed at L's clumsiness because she's rarely seen being this clumsy. Chanyeol saw this and slightly smiled because of the cute and nervous fan.

"Oh. The two top rankings are here," BOA said when she noticed Kim Jae and L. 

Kim Jae was ranked 4th in their last evaluation while L ranked 1st.

"Okay, you can start now," BOA continued. 

Their concept is a combination of cute and y styles. While their song's genre is pop. It's their last stage so it's a new song produced by famous producers. L is in charge of the main vocals while Kim Jae is in charge of the killer part. 

As usual, as soon as the song starts, L's eyes change. Chanyeol was taken aback by her transformation because he's used to the shy and soft look of L. 

L only focused on looking at the other mentors and never spat a look at Chanyeol, as if the two haven't met in secret. She's too embarrassed to perform in front of him and she's worried that if their eyes meet, it would distract her and mess up their performance.

One part in their performance, L walked in the middle while singing her part then showed her charms to the audience by winking at them. She showed this and winked at Sunmi, which the mentor find adorable, and acted like she got shot by the cuteness of the trainee then everybody laughed at her reaction. 

The song changed its rhythm at the bridge part and the choreograph became ier. They moved their hips in a y way. L stayed in the middle and hit her 4 high notes which made the audience applaud in awe. Then they started to dance together again for the chorus part and ended with a group pose. 

Everyone clapped their hands because of the flawless performance. 

'I feel like it's for the performance stage already.'

'Isn't this an interim evaluation only?'

'Why are they this good?'

Exclaimed by the trainees, whispering to each other. 

"What can you say, our guest mentor?" BOA asked Chanyeol, which the latter answered, "Wow. I can't believe I'm seeing this in person." he applauds. 

"Everything was great. They can even show this already on stage right now," he added. "I really like how you showed your charms. But..." he paused which made the trainees nervous again. 

It also made L look at him and finally, the two met each other's eyes. Chanyeol smirked and continued, "L trainee, right?" he asked, pretending he doesn't know her and the trainee nervously answered a yes. 

"I noticed that you never looked at me, not even once, during the performance," he commented which made L choke because of shock. 

Then no one knows what got into Sky but she suddenly yelled, "Ya! L, why are you blushing?" which made the trainees yell "Yieee!" teasing L. 

It's a known fact to the trainees that she's a fan of EXO and her bias is Chanyeol since she has a stuffed toy that looks like Chanyeol in her bed and they always hear her and Sky talk about EXO, whenever the two are together. 

Chanyeol smiled when he got what he wanted, her attention.

"What? What's this? Is there something you'd like to share?" Sunmi asked in curiosity. Then Sky shouted, "She's a big fan of Chanyeol sunbaenim!" and everyone cheered again. 

L don't know what to do anymore. Her whole face is blushing already and she feels embarrassed with what Sky and Chanyeol doing to her. She just bowed her head in embarrassment because she can't deny what Sky is saying since she's saying the truth. 

"Oh. Really?" Sunmi asked in shock. "So that's why she's blushing so much. I didn't know L has a side like this," she teased. 

"What are you doing? Shouldn't you hold a mini fan meeting at least?" Tiffany added and Chanyeol chuckled.

The room is in chaos because of the cheers from the trainees while L hid at the back of Kim Jae, still embarrassed. 

"What did you say to me last time? What did you want to ask if ever you meet Chanyeol sunbaenim in person?" Sky teased because she actually knows the answer to her own question. They talked about it once while thinking about if ever they will debut and meet EXO in one of their schedules. 

"Ya! Stop it already!" L warned which made everyone shocked because she rarely shouts.

"What? What is it? Spill the tea!" everyone shouted in curiosity. "Didn't you tell me you'd want to ask for a hug if you ever meet him?" Sky spilled. 

L widened her eyes, shocked that Sky spilled it in front of everyone. She doesn't know what to do anymore. She wants the floor to open and eat her alive right at this moment.

'Oh god. Sky unni, I'll really kill you later!' L thought while glaring at Sky but the latter only laughed at her because she finds her adorable with the shy and embarrassed face. 

"Go on. Do your mini fan meeting now," Tiffany ordered to Chanyeol then he stood up and was about to walk to L when the trainee shouted firmly, "No, no, no! Sky unni is just joking!" She even stepped back even if Chanyeol is still far from her. 

"No worries. This is part of my fan service," he teased which made the cheers louder. Then he walked towards her. 

"Ya! You should have told them before we performed! I'm already sweaty!" she said to Sky which everyone heard and laughed at her. 

'She's so cute. Oh my god.'

'I want to keep her in my pocket!'

'Wah! I'm so jealous!'

The trainees commented while Chanyeol is now in front of her chuckling. She tried to step back again but because of his long arms, he was able still to pull her into an embrace.  

"It's fine. I don't mind," he said before hugging her. "You should have told me sooner," he whispered, probably in a double meaning since they've met a few times already and she could've said it before. 

Chanyeol let go of the hug and looked at the blushing trainee in front of her. He laughed because he finds her adorable.

"Okay. That's it for the mini fan meeting. You may now return to your sits," one of their mentors said then L immediately ran to Sky and slapped her back which made everyone laugh at the two.

"How could you betray me like that?" L whispered with glaring eyes toward Sky.

"Ya! I didn't betray you. I just fulfilled your wish. I'm such a good friend, right?" Sky said, still teasing L. Kim Jae even nodded with her question, teasing L as well.

'They're really having fun teasing me. Ugh.' L thought.

In the interview, she was asked by the staff, "How was the fan meeting?"

She immediately blushed, remembering the hug, and stuttered, "N-ne?"

The staff laughed at her and responded, "I was just asking about the fan meeting, why are you blushing already?" the staff teased. 

And that became a famous clip of her again as a successful fangirl of EXO.

---

"Trainees, please come to the cafeteria for your snacks," someone announced in the speaker.

Everyone got excited because it's finally their snack time. They all gathered in their cafeteria while waiting for their snacks when a familiar silhouette entered the room.

'He's really handsome!'

'I can't get over with how handsome he is.'

'I think I'm already his fan.'

The trainees murmured looking at the tall figure smiling at them.

"Annyeong haseyo! I'm here again," he chuckled, "I just want to give you, guys, these snacks since you all have been working so hard since day 1. So here, I hope you'll enjoy it," he explained to the trainees then all of them cheered with the pizza boxes he's holding.

The trainees are actually grouped in individual circles so Chanyeol distributed them one by one per circle.

When Chanyeol arrived in the group of L everyone cheered for them again, teasing L because of her blushing face. Chanyeol intentionally went beside L to give their box of pizza, probably he wanted to tease the blushing trainee.

Coincidentally, they're the last group that was given the pizza so Kim Jae, as kind-hearted as she is, invited Chanyeol to eat with them, "Please join us too, sunbaenim." she said.

L widened her eyes to Kim Jae to stop what she's trying to do but Chanyeol saw this and decided to eat with them just to .

"Oh. Okay. I hope you don't mind," he answered and sat beside L, who's now bowing her head because of how red her face is. Chanyeol smiled because of her reaction.

"Of course! L doesn't mind. Right?" Sky said, teasing the poor trainee. She just nodded in defeat.

L thought of something to save herself from this embarrassment, "Ah. I need to talk to Choon Hee about something. Let me just go to her," she tried to make up an excuse and was about to stand up when Chanyeol held her hand to stop her from going.

"It's time for the meal. You should eat first," the idol said, making everyone go wild.

'Oh my god! I'm subscribing to this story!'

'Please notify me when there's an update!'

'I feel like I'm watching a Kdrama! Wah!'

The trainees reacted. L just stayed seated on her seat and took a piece of pizza in defeat. Chanyeol just smiled and laughed inside his mind because he was successful in teasing the trainee.

He also doesn't know why but teasing her and seeing this reaction from her makes him feel

happy.