I'm back!!!

Finishing The Puzzle

Kikwang’s pov

It has been 8 hours journey and my was numbed. I’m on my way back to Korea!!! And god, I can’t stop from grinning. The Englishman besides me might think that I’m crazy, but who care? I'm coming home!

‘KOREA.. I MISS YOU!!!!’ I wish I can shout it out loud, but thinking that the stewardess might throw me out of the plane, I held myself. I wonder how Korea might look like now. 5 years aren’t a short time for a big change as Korea is originally an active developing country.

I went to UK when I was 18 was not for nothing. I finished my study in international business as the top scholar, I’m a kind of proud of myself. Kekeke... Well, why not? When I was abroad my step-father never lends me a cent. I finished my study fully supported by scholarship. Thanks a lot to my step brother Junhyung, for making my brain technically too-well-function. He is 3 years older than me but yet, I had to finish all his homework since he was in primary school even though I never learnt the subjects!! (I need to do revision on my own and thanks god, I love books.) Lucky for me that he never asked me to sit for his examinations.

About one year after my dad’s death, my mom married to her secretary, Shim Hyuk Jin. I was so mad at first. I never greet him properly and I even refuse to eat together with them. The marriage had expanded our family tree. Hyuk Jin is a widower with two sons, Junhyung the jerk, and my favorite Dujun-hyung who is 2 years older than me.

But then I learnt, mom did it because of me. She thought that I might feel lonely and I need someone to be friend with since I’m not really good in making friends, then I forgave her and slowly opened my heart for my new family.

 Everything went so well. It’s great to have hyungs to joke with and a dad to look after me. We spent lot of time together and I thought that we are the happiest family in the world.

Three months later my mom always gets ill and she can’t even do her daily activities or went to her work. Her face was pale and she became skinnier day by day. The only thing she could do was lie on her bed… in the basement. They said it was because of lung cancer. Lung cancer? Come on, I was 8 at that time. What can I understand about lung cancer?

Just one question popping in my mind. If the lung cancer is dangerous, why didn’t my stepfather sent my mom to the hospital? Or why he didn’t even called for doctors?

Starting from that, everythings turned upside down. There was no more happy family, no more caring father, no more family time, no more going out playing with brothers and etc.

Two months my mom suffered from her illness and it was obvious that she was trying very hard to hide the excruciating pain that engulfing her. Biting her soul bit by bit. I knew I will lose her. But I just don’t want to admit it. I didn’t understand why Hyuk Jin never visit my mom in the basement. Wasn’t she was his wife? Wasn't he suppose to take care of my mom? From that moment I don’t know whether I should call him ‘appa’ or not.

However, Dujun-hyung would come to accompany me sometimes in the basement. Helping me to make my sick mom smile. Of course no one knew about it. Hyuk Jin will go berserk if he knows that someone trying to help us. And once again I don’t understand why.

Frankly speaking, I can’t remember the scene when mom was on her death bed at all. Not even the whole day. I remember I would cried silently each days of the two months when my mom was sick. But I can’t remember whether I cried or not on the day she died.  

Dujun-hyung said I got into accident that day. Found unconscious on the riverbank. And seriously, after that incident, I’m some kind like phobia towards pool, river, lake, beach and even bath tub. It’s not that I can’t even see them. I still can enjoy the scenery of beach and all, but I can’t get into them.

Whenever I get into the water, I feel like my brain is crushing down, like someone squeezed my heart, like hundreds pound of load pressing my chest and I will black out in no time. Can you imagine what will happen when someone black out in water? Drowned of course!!  And don’t ask me whether I can swim or not because you already know the answer.

I never knew I had this phobia until that day. When I was nine, Dujun-hyung urged me to swim with him. Even our house have a two-tennis-court-sized swimming pool, I rarely get myself into the pool as there was no one to play with me. Since my mom death and the accident, I never went to the pool. Most of the time I will be at the basement which was also my new bedroom, read my books and try my best to avoid from Junhyung’s bully or any hateful gaze from Hyuk Jin.

Being requested by my favorite hyung does not require me to take a second thought. I run to the basement and changed into my swimming trunk and excitedly, I take a long inhale before I close my eyes and jump into the pool.

I only could remember the excruciating pain in my head and chest before everything went to pitch black.

When I opened my eyes again, I realize that I was in my room lying on my bed. Seeing my consciousness, Dujun-hyung jumped to sit beside me with his hand threw around my shoulder. Dorky hyung. He must be really happy to see that I’m still alive.

"H-hyung..."

His hug almost chocked me and I was about to push him away when I felt hot tiny droplet dripping on my shoulder. I knew, he was crying. Guilt slowly wrapped my heart.

I made my hyung worried.

"H-hyung..I-I'm.. sorry, I'm sorry hyung. D-don't cry. I know I'm stupid for making you worried. I'm sorry"

"Shut up! Just shut up!" Dujun snapped, but his hands never left my shoulder, still hugging me tight.

“Don’t you dare to worry me again, don’t you dare to drown again, don’t you dare to make me cry for you again… it’s humiliating you know? And don’t you ever dare to let yourself hurt again.. arasso!!??” he pulled the hug and faced his back to me, hiding his tears.

“hyung..” I called, pulled his warmth hand which made he faced me again. “gomawo..” I curved a smile. He wiped his tears with the back of his hand and reply my smile which was hundreds time brighter than mine.

“Kikwang-ah, remember this, whatever going to be happen, I will always be by your side, I'm your guardian angel. I’ll protect you whatever it take!” 

Even the world might seem unfair to me, I lost my parents, my step father and my step brother hate me out of no reason, but I’m very thankful that god send Dujun-hyung to be by my side.

“hyung.. I miss you…”.

Wait! Am I too cheesy??? Kekeke..

Well, it’s just bromance, not more than that.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________

hi!

i'm just saying that their age in this fanfic won't be the same as the real one.

junhyung will be one year older than dujun

sorry to junhyung's fan (bows)

i have nothing against him, i just need some antagonist characters in my story..

special thanks to my first subscriber nanahime

happy reading~~ (^_^)

comments will be nice..

kekeke