My Neighbor

Finishing The Puzzle

Amber’s pov

I sat angrily on the bus seat. I don’t even need to check for the bus, I know it very well. I used to ride it every day for almost a year. Asides from the shark loan, there is something else starting to bother my mine. Why is that guy always appear whenever I was in trouble? He some kind like a bad luck to me! Well, yeah I only met him for a day but there were lots of things happen.

I shook my head to get rid of his image. Since last morning incidence, I almost can see his face everywhere. I think I might go crazy. As the bus go by my housing are, I press the red button and scurried to my house.

Surprisingly, as I reach the door, I heard my mom’s vague chuckled from the house. It’s not that I dislike hearing her being happy, but I thought she supposed to still crying now.

“Omma, I’m home!” I said as I pushed the door open. The house is perfectly clean, even cleaner than yesterday and I can smell the aroma of kimchi soup from the kitchen.

“Omma, are you cooking?” I asked as I reached the kitchen.

“Amber-ah, let’s eat. I cook the rice today, you have to try!” Hyunseung, my loyal-kindhearted??-neighbor aka my best friend called me with beaming face.

“Ne, give me a bowl.”I said as I washed my hand. I get myself on a chair and start to eat. I just realize how hungry I was. Since yesterday, I only ate a bunch of bread which was given by Mr-I-don’t-know-who last morning. I have to admit, he kinda nice guy actually.

“Omma, kimcana?” I asked, eyeing my mom happy face, totally opposite from my imagination.

“Ne, I’m so grateful Hyunseungie drop by after that. He even helped me to tidy-up the mess. Hyunseung-ah, thank you.” She said as she hold hyunseung’s hand.

“It’s nothing ahjumma. I’m glad to help you.” He said, smiling.

“Yah! Don’t you have any class today? You suppose to be at school during this hour.” I glance at the clock on the wall. It’s 11.30 a.m. the school shouldn’t over yet.  Is this guy skipping from his work? Aigoo…

“Yah! Babo.. it’s holiday! No one is in the school, who should I teach then?” Hyunseung knocked my head with his knuckle and shook his head. I pouted! He really has a bad habit of knocking others head. I bet his student must dislike him because of it.

“Omma, I think I had a good idea on how to increase our income.” I said energetically with a proud face.

“Really? Tell me.”

I know this is her favorite topic. She even put her chopstick down. “We still have an extra room in this house right?” my mom nodded. “What if we rent it? I can make the advertisement.” My idea received a big smile from my mom but a frown from Hyunseung.

“No! You can’t do that!” he simply said.

“What? Why can’t I do it? Don’t you think it is a good idea omma?” I asked my mom.

“Yes. It is a totally a good idea. Plus it will be a waste if the room just left empty. The house rent nowadays is costive, single people would prefer to rent a room which is much affordable. We can find a renter in no time. ” this is why I love my mom. She always understands my decision.

“What if the renter is a guy? It won’t be comfortable for you guys.” Hyunseung said.

“It shouldn’t be a problem. I can handle a guy.” I confidently said as I fold my arm to show off my invisible muscle.

“Amber-ah, you still a girl!” he state.

He always had been over thoughtful. It’s good, but sometime I don’t like it. “What if I rent the room? I will pay monthly based on the price you asked. Agreed?” Hyunseung made his offer. Flashing me his doe eyes. I slapped his head.

“Yah. Bichasso? Why should you rent a room here? You are leaving with your parents just beside our house!” I said, and then I continue munching my meal. Hyunseung rubbed his head while my mom just shook her head watching our action.

Some time, I can’t even understand the way my best friend thinking. He likes to make ridiculous decision and the worst of all, he always ask questions which made my brained jammed to find the answer.

~~~

.

.

.

 

Kikwang’s pov

I sat on my bed and turn on my laptop. As expected, my mail box is full with messages from Terrence & Co. They can’t even let me having my vacation peacefully. I replied the message which mostly asking for my opinion. Well, that’s my job as business advisor. Planning, structuring, guiding, looking for business opportunity and et cetera are part of my life. Terrence grandpa sends me a mail telling that I should return to UK soon. I smiled. He must be missing me a lot. Well, he has no body. His workers are his family. It’s feeling really good when someone care about you like their own family. For me, he is my grandpa, and for him, I’m his grandson.

It seems like I need to settle the business between Terrence & co. and L.K Group as soon as possible. Yoseob-hyung was right, I can’t keep hiding for the whole of my life. I need to at least stand up for myself. I sent an e-mail to Terrence & co. asking them to arrange my meeting with board director of L.K Group.

I need to be professional in this case, I can’t look weak in front of Hyuk Jin, it will spoil the Terrence & co image. It’s not us who are hoping to make business with them, but they who are desired to worked with us, and everything is depends on my report. The decision is in my hand.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________