Family Gathering

Finishing The Puzzle

Amber woke up early in the next morning to avoid from her mom questions. She knows finally her mom would nag her for last night actions. Her mom doesn’t like she being too rough, she said Amber should behave more like a girl which is the topic that Amber try her best to avoid. She just pray that one day her mom would understand, everything she had done or how she behave are only to protect her. Her mom had been her guardian angel for long enough, now it’s just the time for her to repay her mom.

As soon as she arrived at the hotel, Sulli greet her with startled face. “What’s wrong with your cheek?” she asked, caressing Amber’s purplish right cheek. Amber quickly push her hand away.

“Nothing. I just fell down from stairs. You know me right?” she lied. Trying her best to avoid Sulli’s eyes. Luckily that girl completely trust her word. “Yah stop being such a klutz, you should take care of yourself more.” She nagged as she ruffling Amber’s short hair.

“Arasso omma! Give me that trolley, I will deliver the breakfast today. Where’s the rooms number?” Amber took the trolley from Sulli hand. “Gomawo chingu-ah. Here.” Sulli handed her a piece paper.

“lunch on me today.” She added. Amber gave her a thumb up with a wide grin on her face.

.

.

.

 

Kikwang’s pov

I received a call from Terrence & Co last two days saying that they have arranged the meeting with L.K Group for me which is today. I’m just finished showered when I heard knocks on the door. Probably my breakfast has arrived. I dried myself and put my top on, rushed outside and open the door.

“Morning, your breakfast sir” a familiar voice greeted me.

“Morning. Hey, we meet again.” I said as a saw her face. She was the previous mysterious girl who I met in two unwanted situations and who I’m not even know her name.

“Hey, it have been a long time. Sorry for the last meeting. Your arm must be hurt.” She pointed my left arm. I shook my head.

“It’s okay now. Omo.. there’s something on your sleeve.” A red stain on her left sleeve attracts my attention.

“It’s nothing. You may take your breakfast now.” She said as she quickly cover her left arm with her right hand. But I’m not stupid enough to not recognize blood stain. I pulled her left hand to get a better look. She groaned in pain.

“Let me go! It’s none of your business.” She snapped as she pulled her hand away but I tighten the grip.

“It will cause infection if you let it any longer.” I tugged her uninjured arm inside the room.

“Yah! Bichasso? Why did you drag me here?” she tried to lose her hand from mine.

“To treat your wound! So can you please stop struggling? I mean well.” I said trying to negotiate but she pouted.

“But can you please, at least please put your pant on?” she said as she pointed to the towel wrapped on my waist. Oh my, I believe I’m blushing right now.

“A-arasso. just sit there I will be back in minute.” I pointed her the bed and grab any of my trousers then dash to the toilet. I’m never pantless in front of any woman! Kikwang, you are crazy! Omo, it’s embarrassing!

 

Author’s pov

“What happen to your arm? Your cheek also looks purplish. Are you involve in any fight?” Kikwang asked as he fold Amber’s sleeve. ‘Yeah, I knocked out three jerks lastnight!’ Amber answered in her heart.

“You don’t need to know. It’s my business.” She said in annoyed tone. The guy in front her remind her of her mom and Hyunseung, too many question.

Kikwang nodded, he understand it might be her privacy. “I don’t know if it’s too late, but apply this on you cheek. It will help to tend your bruise.” He hands her a plastic of ice from refrigerator. “Thanks” Amber shortly replied. Kikwang took out first aid kit from a small cupboard besides the bed. He gently sterilized the wound with cotton which dipped in a colorless liquid.

“Sorry, it might poignant a little bit. Bear with it.” Amber gritted her teeth holding the pain, her face wrinkled. She don’t want to whine, that will make her looks weak, she hate being weak.

“Hey, its have been the third times we meet, I don’t even know your name.” Amber started the conversation to easy the tense between them, while she applied the ice pack on her bruised cheek.

“Aneonghesayo, my name is Lee Kikwang, nice to meet you.” Kikwang said as he flash a smile to Amber. His hand did not stop from treating the wound. “Hi, I’m amber. Amber liu. Nice to meet you too.” Amber replied.

There was silent for a moment before both of them broke into laugh. “Okay, that’s quite awkward” Kikwang said. “but at least I know your name.” he continued.

“It have been more than a week you staying here, Kikwang-sshi. Isn’t the fee is high?” Amber voiced her curiosity. “No choice. My house is far away from here and I got business be settled.” Kikwang grabbed the roller bandage from the red and white box.

“Have you done the business?” Amber asked, observing Kikwang’s working hands. “Almost, I will leave in a day or two. Why? Are you bored already with my face?” he chuckled with his own teased.

“No I’m not. Just curious. Well, if you visiting Seoul again I can rent you a room. It's much cheaper than the hotel. Me and my mom staying together. We are looking for someone who is interested to rent it. It’s kind a family small business.”  remembering her previous conversation with her mom, Amber just trying her luck. Kikwang is the first person she ever offered.

“Well, I will look forward for it. Ok, I’m done” he said as he done pinned the bandage. Both of him and amber stood up.

“Thanks, I’m leaving” Amber bowed, so do Kikwang. “Enjoy your breakfast, sorry, it might already cold.” Amber pointed the breakfast set on the table. “It’s okay. Take care of yourself. I’m glad if we meet again.” Kikwang said while waving Amber goodbye.

After he shut the door he quickly finished his breakfast and prepared himself for the meeting. ‘For god sake, I’m late!’.    

~~~

.

.

.

Dujun’s pov

It almost half an hour waiting and I can’t even see Kikwang’s shadow. This kid totally testing Hyuk Jin’s patience. Everyone know how hate my father of waiting for others. Each director wearing their worries faces now. Afraid that their president would lose his patience as this was the twentieth times my father take a glance at his wrist watch.

They know they can’t let their president leave the entrance without greeting our important guest from Terrence & Co who is no one yet know is my babo dongseang. I wonder how will father and Junhyung reacts once they see their special guest. I smirked alone.

My father is funny, he can make people waiting for him for a whole day but he can’t even stand an hour. I call it as the 'president’s ego'. I walked to the other corner, hiding away from other director and pick out my phone then I dialed for Kikwang.

“Yah, babo! Where are you?” I quickly asked as he picked up the call.

“Hyung, mian. There is something happened. I’m on my way now, with your company’s car. The driver speeds like we are on race, I bet father was upset now. I’ll be there in minute.” He hanged up the phone quickly but I still can catch his chuckles.

This brat is totally un-understand-able. I raised my head as I heard my father’s unhappy voice. “Junhyung, you greet that brat on my behalf. You know how I hate waiting right? I’ll be at meeting room. Call me when he arrived.” He command in red face, holding his anger.

“Ne, president”. Poor my brother, he had no choice other than nodded to my father’s instruction. I could hear sigh from other directors. They must be upset with my father’s decision but they never have any chance to complain as my father is the biggest share holder of L.K Group even though they know how important their collaboration with world giant company like Terrence & co is.

I know everyone want everything to look perfect in front of Terrence & co representative (even though he is my dongseang), but with the absence of president at the entrance greeting him, it might seem a little bit rude.

I quicken my step and gently grab my father’s hand. “President, let’s wait for another five minutes. It’s not nice if you aren’t here with us. I’m afraid it will left bad impression in our company. Terrence& co is not a small easy company, I hope you understand.” I try my best to sound polite.

He harshly pulled his hand from mine. Eyeing other directors behind me and sigh “Just five minutes” he say. Swallow his pride. I smiled to him. Just in time, the be awaited car stop in front of the entrance and there he is, my babo dongsaeng came out from the car, wearing big grin on his face.

“Aneonghesayo, sorry for make you waiting. I’m Lee Kikwang from Terrence & co.” he said, offering his hand to father.

 

Author’s pov

“What are you doing here?” Hyuk Jin asked with surprise without grabbing Kikwang’s offered hand for greeting. He never thought to meet his step-son at this moment, not as the representative of Terrence & co.

Kikwang pulled his hand and smiled, he know, his father must be shock to see him so he try to look natural and forget his father unwelcoming greeting. “I’m afraid you might not listen to my introduction before. My name is Lee Kikwang, the representative from Terrence & co, I hope that we can collaborate very well since it is the hope from both company” he repeats again eyeing each of the director especially Hyuk Jin and Junhyung. As he catch Dujun’s eyes he give him a big smile.

“Dujun.” Dujun said, shake Kikwang’s hand formally. The two were trying their best to hold their laugh, there’s some awkward situation between them being formal. They smile at each other mischievously.

Dujun’s action followed by other director except for Junhyung, who eyed Kikwang in disbelieved and annoyed. Dujun leads the way to the meeting room. The other directors are completely amazed and busily chatting on the fact that the representative from Terrence & co is a local man at his early twenty, knowing the fact that the said person is his step brother making Junhyung feel like punching some one. 

He quicken his step and grab his father’s shoulder to make him stop. Hyuk jin gave sign to Dujun to proceed their walks as he stop for junhyung. “Father, what is this? I’m never know that the representative is that brat! Terrence & co trying to play with us or what?” Junhyung whispered angrily.

“I wish I know this earlier too. I’m afraid Kikwang trying to pull our legs. Bringing big company support him from behind. He might trying to get L.K Group from us now! What a stupid kid. I’m not going to be afraid with this kind of threat.” Hyuk jin arrogantly stated, making early conclusion on Kikwang’s present. Why not? The only thing he thinks about Kikwang is that boy is trying to steal his wealth from him and he will never let that happen.

“I hope you can get rid of that kid soon father, unless he will give us lots of troubles once people know he is the son of Tae Hee and Jin Sook.” Junhyung warning his father. Hyuk jin glance at the walking Kikwang, trying to digest Junhyung's words.

~~~

.

.

.

The three hours meeting went very well as everybody being professional in their work. Even though Kikwang some time captured the angry glare from Hyuk Jin and Junhyung but he just ignore it. After listening the report from L.K Group in each of their sector, Kikwang began to speak of his mind.

“Well, I think your company had develop very strong within this decade. Expanding and establish your business from hotels, cosmetics, constructions and electronics appliances, L.K Group must be a really big name in Korea which we will be very proud to invest in. I believe Terrence & co will be cordial to collaborate with you as we share most of the fields in business. I’ll try my best to hand a great report on your company to Terrence & co.” Kikwang said, wrapping the meeting.

He stands up and continue, “I should congratulate president Shim Hyuk Jin on his success in leading L.K Group to this far.” He held his hand which insincerely shake by Hyuk Jin who plastered his fake smile. As their hand in each others, the room was echoed with congratulating claps.

‘At least I can grab your hand once even you unwelcome my return.’ Kikwang smile, satisfied with his small victory.

After the meeting over, the board of director dismissed to their own business, leaving Kikwang, Hyuk Jin, Dujun and Junhyung alone in the meeting room.

“What the hell are you thinking? Returning to Korea without informing any of us, making fuss with the media. Dujun, are you aware of this?” Hyuk Jin glare at his second son. Waiting for his explanation because he had feeling that his son also pulled together with Kikwang .

“Father, I.. thi..” “This has nothing to do with Dujun hyung.” Kikwang cut Dujun’s words.

“I’m return to Korea on my own. As you can see, I have work assigned by Terrence & co for me and frankly, I know nothing about the news.” Kikwang said, calmly.

“Work assign by Terrence & co, huh?!” Junhyung imitating Kikwang’s word with smirk as he fold his hand. “Just make it clear, stop making excuses. Just say that you want to snatch L.K Group from father using big company as your supporter behind you, right?” Junhyung uttered sarcastically while looking directly into his dongsaeng’s eyes.

“Hyung! Enough, it’s harsh.” Dujun begin to raise his voice, fail to hold his anger. Kikwang quickly grab Dujun’s hand before the older man would to do anything to Junhyung. He hate to see the two brothers fighting just because of him. He always remind himself that he not worth for any family perdition. They are related by blood, not him.

“I think you had done with your business, didn’t you” Hyuk Jin calmly said but Kikwang completely understood his message. Saying that he should just leave now.

He took a deep breath and replied. “Yes, I am. I want you to know that it’s good to see you again. Fit and healthy. I hope you can have a long life.” He paused. “just to make sure you understand even I’m tired of repeating the same thing since last 10 years, that you don’t have to worry, I’m definitely not interested at all in gaining or snatching L.K Group from you. Plus, I should be thankful that you had lead my parents' legacy very well.” He said with smile, but deep down his heart, he hurt.

Kikwang pat Dujun’s shoulder as he grab his briefcase and leave the room. “Pathetic..” Junhyung murmured sarcastically. Dujun gave his brother a death glare before went after his dongseang. He know how dejected kikwang’s feeling now even he don’t show it. He can’t help but worrying about his dongseang.

‘They are too much!’ Dujun clenched his fist.  

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I re-read my story and found lots of mistake... :(

I'm sorry.. (bow)

however.. happy reading (^_^)