Puzzles

Finishing The Puzzle

The view was so blurred, they appear just like shadows covered by thick fog but the sound was very clear to be heard. “Please...please... I’m begging you… please don’t do this to me..” a woman's incoherent voice was heard pleading for mercy, her words chocked by her tears.

“You ! Let go of my feet!!!” a man figure starting to kick the pleading woman. “You think this paper will scared me?? This is nothing to me!!! Idiot helpless woman! What a fool of you!” he bend down and grab a fistful of the woman’s hair, forcing her to lift her head and shoved the crumpled paper to the woman’s face. She yelps in pain, too weak to defense herself, her body just complied with the stronger man's force.

“Look at this, you will soon will be like these freaking papers too!” he slumped her head to the floor with a loud thud and in a few seconds, thick dark red blood begin to drip on the floor. Acting like he was oblivious to the woman's dying state, the man rips the paper into tiny pieces like a maniac, hardly breathed holding his anger. He once again launches a kick to the motionless woman chest, causing her to roll to the other side, lifelessly.

Kikwang found himself running. Running from the evil man sight and at the same time he can't help but feel guilty. He was there, in the same room with them, watching the ruthless man ending the woman's life, but he did nothing! Nothing to help her.

He exited a huge gate, desperately escaping the crime scene and continue running on the dark bridge. It was late at night, no cars seen passed by and only moonlight shone the road. He don’t know where should he heading, he just follow wherever his feet bring him, the only thing he feel is scared. Scared that the man will trace him and kill him instead just like the unfortunate woman.

Suddenly bright yellow light splashing his body followed by a deafening screeching noise from an incoming car distract his attention. With a loud bang, he found himself flying, threw out from the bridge and hardly slapped into the thick black icy cold water surface.

 

~~~

.

.

.

Kikwang snapped open his eyes and gasping for air. He was soaked with sweats all over his body. Spiking pain throbbing his head as he try to sit and he swayed from the dizziness. Dujun sleeping figure on a sofa catch his eyes.

‘Where am I?’ he frowned, eyeing the white room. He look at his numbed left hand and found an IV needle injected to a vein of his hand. ‘Hospital again.’ He sighed.

“You are awake!” Dujun sleepily yawn.

“Hyung, how long I have been here?” Kikwang abruptly asked.

“Almost two days.” Dujun answered while stretching his muscle.

Kikwang eyes buttoned. “Omo!! Two days?? How about my flight? Terrence grandpa must be frustrated on me. He might even thought I'm playing truant!” he whine.

Dujun shook his head and sit on a chair beside Kikwang’s bed. “Yah! You are just awake and now you are worrying about you work? I totally don’t understand you.” He sigh. Kikwang pouted hearing Dujun nagging.

“ He called your number yesterday worrying about you, so I explain everything to him. If I’m not assuring him that you were just fine, he might take a flight to Seoul now.” Dujun explain.

Kikwang chuckled, “Aigoo, he always like that. Yah, hyung! Gomawo.” He flashed a smile.

“Kikwang-ah, your 'doctor friend' tell me something yesterday.”

Kikwang raised his eyebrow. “Doctor? You mean Dongwoon? What did he tell you?” Kikwang  apprehensively asked.

“Ne, that tall guy. Dongsaeng-ah, why you never tell me that your health problem keeps relapsing when you are in UK?  You should say something to me, I’m your hyung, I deserve to know such thing! We have promise about this before right?” Dujun looks at Kikwang with crestfallen eyes which made Kikwang load with guilty.

“Mian hyung, I didn’t mean to keep anything from you. I just don’t want you to worry.”

Dujun furrowed. “Great, you are not worrying me at all, but you totally FREAKED me out! How come you suddenly passed out in the middle of conversation? You should see yoseob’s face when he come last night, he was completely streaked!” Dujun shook his head and Kikwang could just laugh when Dujun mentions about Yoseob.

“Oh I almost forget about it! Hyung, how about that Byung Gul ahjusshi? We didn’t even finish our previous discussion. Did he tell you something?”

Dujun took out a card from his wallet and hand it to Kikwang. “He gave me his card, he said you can call him when you are ready enough. Kikwang-ah, what happening last time, is it has anything to do with that will?” his voice once again filled with worries.

Kikwang’s face darken, he don't even know how to asnwer Dujun answer as he himself is totally in the puzzle. The voices and the image in his dream starting to play in his mind. He don’t know what is the relationship between them and the will, the only thing he sure is they just barged in once he saw the papers.

“I don’t know. Everything is very confusing for me! Maybe it is, and maybe it's not. I don’t even know what’s wrong with my head.” Kikwang mumbled, shrugging his shoulders.

Suddenly, the door flung opened and Yesoeb’s blithe face caught the brothers attention. The black haired boy's eyes widened in surprise as he saw conscious the Kikwang on the bed. “YAH!!! YOU ARE AWAKE!!!” he jumped enthusiastically to threw a hug to Kikwang but the faster Dujun grab his collar aback

“Wae hyung~?” he whined.

“I won’t let you kill my brother. He just awake, I know you are going to choke him to death.” Dujun said sternly as he pulled pouted yoseob away from Kikwang’s bed.

‘I wonder when hyungs will grown up.’ Kikwang shook his head.

~~~

.

.

.

 

The fifth day in the hospital is totally torturing. Kikwang is bored to death. Dujun and Yoseob are busy with their schedules and Dongwoon even don't have enough hands for his patients. Kikwang spends the whole day alone and discussion with Byung Gul yesterday is the only thing he concern. What should he do about it?

 

~flashback~

 

“What do you mean by everything will be mine when I turn 24?” Kikwang asked with dumbfounded reaction. Byung Gul curved a smile on his lips. “It is simple! Your mom bequeathed that everything she owns, including L.K Group, your house, lands, her asset that she had deals with the banks in some countries and all of her other properties that were listed in this will are yours when you are 24.” Byung Gul said calmly as he pointed the details which handwritten by Tae Hee herself.

“Mrs. Kim had made three copies of this. This is the one of two that she handed to me and the other one she keep it herself. But I don’t know where is it now because all this time I thought you are the one who keep it.” He continued.

“I really know nothing about this. My mom never said a word before. Maybe I was just too young back then so she didn’t have chance to explain anything to me.” Kikwang replied. Then his mind tracks his previous dream again. ‘Is the will has anything to do with my it? What had happen actually?’ He shook his head to get rid the image from the dream.

“Are you sure you are okay?” Byung Gul asked with worried expression.

“Ne. I’m just fine. Byung gul-sshi, thank you for informing this to me, I really appreciate it. But I still need some times to think over it. I will contact you again when I made up my mind.” Kikwang replied.

“Alright then. I’ll respect whatever your decision is. But frankly, your mom would be happy indeed if you accept her give. Tae Hee always admonished me that you need to accept everything she belongs as that is the only thing she can do for you. I hope you understand your mom’s desire. She just wants the best for you.” Byung Gul gave Kikwang a reassuring smile as he pats the young man’s shoulder.

 

~end of flashback~

 

“I have been standing here for minutes and you are just sitting there staring your lunch. Trust me, you won’t be full unless you eat it, not stare it.” Dongwoon said, folding his arms.

“Are you sure? I think I’m full enough by just looking at this taste-nothing-meal.” Kikwang reply with chuckle.

“Don’t whine, you can’t expect top chef cook in hospital meal.” The young doctor pulled a chair and sit. “Anything to share with me?” he continued.

“As a friend or as a doctor?”

“I think you need a friend more than a doctor. Don’t hide anything from me, I know you long enough.” Dongwoon reply.

“Firstly, I don’t know why my head ached out of sudden. But the will that Byung Gul-sshi showed me seems very disturbing my mind.” Dongwoon  didn’t utter a word. Giving Kikwang the space to share his story like a good listener.

“Actually, I’m some kind like having dream when I was unconscious. The images are blur but the voices sound familiar. They all just like flashes of memories, but I don’t know what it has to do with me.” Kikwang’s eyebrow knitted, and he really look disturbed.

“For now I can’t say anything about it. But if your dream keeps relapsing again, you have to tell me. Don’t pushed yourself too much and just make sure that you have enough rest.” Dongwoon pat his friend’s shoulder. Deep inside his head, his brain starting to construct mountains of question, sending unpleasant feeling to his stomach. There is something ligering in his mind, but he keeps remind himself to not to disclose anything unless he is really sure about it.

“Sure.”

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

another update yay!!!

i just wanna thanks to all my readers

give cookies to ya all (double cookies for blindstar kekeke~ i don't know why, just feeling like to do so)

comments and subscribes (^_^)

happy reading!!!