The Legacy

Finishing The Puzzle

“Do I know you?”

“I bet you aren’t. My name is Lee Byung Gul. A friend of your parents. To be more precise, I’m your family’s lawyer.” Byung Gul replied as they shake hands.

“I’m sorry I don’t recognize you, but seriously, I totally know nothing about my parent’s friend. However, I’m glad to meet you.” He bowed to show some respect. Byung Gul pats his shoulder with friendly smile on his face.

“It’s ok. I’m proud to see you grown up to such a fine man. Your parents must be happy.” He said as he bend down to place a bouquet of flower that he brought beside Kikwang’s bouquet on the grass.

“I hope you can spend some time with me, I have something which is really important to discuss with you.” Said Byung Gul as he stand up straight and Kikwang bites his lips.

“I’m afraid I can’t, I have a flight to catch in two hours. I'm so sorry, but maybe we can still discuss in the other time? If you are willing.” He replied in apologizing tone.

“Hmm.. I see, so you are already going back to UK? It’s too fast. I thought you are going to spend some more time in Korea. But I really need to discuss the issue with you as soon as possible. Kikwang-goon, it’s your family matter.” Byung Gul said sounding quite desperate. For Byung Gul, he has to keep his promise. Tae Hee had put her trust on him, he can’t disappoint her.

Two big questions playing on Kikwang’s mind. First, how does Byung Gul knows he is going to UK while they just meet a minute ago and secondly, what is the family matter Byung Gul talking about? He knows that he needs to find it out!

“Maybe we still can discuss about it within this one hour, how about we go to some cafe if you agree?” Kikwang replied.

~~~

.

.

.

Kikwang’s pov

 

Dujun drive us to a nearby cafe and we get ourselves a table outside it. The place wasn’t really crowded but we prefer to enjoy the fresh air compared to air-conditioner filtered air inside the cafe which is much more comfortable.

“So you are Kikwang’s family previous lawyer are you?” Dujun asked.

“I am and I’m still their lawyer. I haven’t yet fulfill my duty to your family and as long as you still need my service, I’ll be there for you.” Byung Gul answered, nodding his head as he flash his smile to me.

“Thanks, that is really nice of you. Byung Gul-sshi, you said that you have something to discuss with me before right? So can we jump into the topic now?” I went straight to the question. I can’t hold my curiosity any longer, the presence of Byung Gul really is a surprising event for me, he himself is a big question mark. Maybe today, there is some untold history going to be reveal, who knows?

“Ok then, let’s go straight to the point. Kikwang-goon, you will be 23 this 30 March right?” he asked while his hand reaching for his briefcase at the side of his right leg.

I frowned. How did he know such thing? Okay, maybe he keeps my profile with him, but what it has to do with him?

“Exactly.” I answered, raising my eyebrow to Dujun hyung, hoping to get some clues but he just shrugged indicate that he is also clueless.

“Great, everything will accomplish soon.” Byung Gul said enthusiastically. He took out two pieces of aged-yellowish A4 sized paper from his briefcase and showed it to me.

“Did you ever saw this?” he asked.

I eyed the papers carefully, there are my mom’s name and signature on the right corner at bottom of the paper but, I can't recognize them, so maybe I never see it before.

“I... I don’t think so. What are these?” I asked, adrenaline of excitement and the wave of curiosity began to rush in my veins, everything seems to be suspicious. What is Byung Gul actually trying to tell me? Is it something related to my mom? Arrghh..I hate surprise!

“Kikwang-goon, this is your mom last will.” Byung Gul calmly uttered.

But for me, nothing is calming. My eyes widened in surprise. I can see Dujun hyung deep breathe in, he also must be shocked. I never know mom left any will for me, not at all until today. I eyed the paper, read the title again and again, trying my best to regain any memories that I might accidently skip.

An electricity jolt strike my brain, sending the impulses to my nerves. I had seen this paper somewhere before! The red ink written L.K Group words looks really familiar. I knew Byung Gul is saying something but I didn’t bother to hear. My mind keeps busy tracing my distant memory and a familiar voice began to echo in my head as a sharp pain striking within my skull.

 

Author’s pov

 

Kikwang held his head with both of his hand. Pressing it hard wishing that it will make the pain subside. His head feel like it going to burst in no time. The voices keep echoing in his head.

“Kikwang-ah, kimcana?” Dujun worriedly grabs his dongsaeng's shoulder. Kikwang didn’t reply. His eyebrows furrowed as he held the pain.

“What’s wrong with him?” Byung Gul anxiously asked.

“I don’t know.” Dujun shrugged.

He touched Kikwang’s forehead and quickly pulled it back. ‘Damn, he’s burning!’ he cursed.

Before Kikwang’s body slammed on the floor, Dujun quickly support his dongsaeng’s torso with his right hand. He slaps Kikwang’s pale cheek in worries, intent to wake the latter up.

“Yah! Kikwang-ah wake up!”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally i can get online!!!

a week without internet totally KdFhsdbKNBsJC..... urgh!!!

however thanks to my new subscribers aiza98 and TheOddOneGiggles

yay!!! (bow)

comments and subscribes.. (^_^) kekeke

happy reading!!!!