The past

Finishing The Puzzle

The rain pour heavily as it understood the sorrow in both of the mother’s and son’s heart. It might be hundreds of people accompanying them in the cemetery, sharing their sorry for the lost, but Kim Tae Hee just know that nothing would bring her husband back.

Her tears were dried. The unexpected accident which cost the life of a loving husband, a caring father, a thoughtful president, and a good friend. Her heart tear apart, she felt so weak, her world seems blurred, she wished only if she could die, buried together with Jin Sook and they will never be apart, forever… 

“omma..” a weak squeeze on her palm bring her back to reality.

Why would she give up? She did not lost everything, she still had her son. Their son..The gift from her husband which she promised to protect with her life, their son that they love the most. The one who the reason she would want to still alive.

“omma.. Why did they put appa inside that box?” her son point out an innocence question.

"Omma, they are going to burry that box!! Omma, appa is inside that box!! Tell them to stop, omma tell them to stop!!”

Kikwang was crying his heart out, pulling her hand begging her to do something and stomping his tiny feet on the ground.The kid knows nothing. That was the first time he ever face death. He doesn’t even understand what death is. He just thought of his dad, worrying that his dad would not realize that peoples were trying to bury him. Afraid that his dad will not come out again to play with him, to caressing his hair at night, read him his favorite bedtime’s story.

“Kikwang-ah..” Tae Hee tried to calm her son down. She held his hands with pleading eyes hoping that the kid would understand himself that his dad was gone... forever. Knowing how much that kid love his father, how much the pain he have to handle when he know he already lost his dad. She didn’t have the courage to explain such thing to Kikwang, she too refuse to acknowledge the fact.

Kikwang kept insisting, shivering from cold and hiccuping from tears. He loose his hands from Tae Hee and run towards Jin Sook’s coffin, holding it tight. Everyone was dumbfounded by his action.The scene made the burial even more sorrowful and the cemetery was echoed with sobs and tears.

“ andwae… stop it!! I said stop it!! Appa, wake up!! Please wake up appa.. appa.. I know you will never forget that today is my birthday! I know  you remember. I am seven today! Come on. Wake up and let’s celebrate it!” he pleaded, giving his effort to sound enthusiastic. 

“ appa.. They are trying to burry you, come on, wake up and scold all of them.. Don’t let them bully you. You promised that you will always play with me, protect me like the superhero. What if they buried you and you will never able to come back to me?? I don’t want to lose you.. So you better listen to me..appa wake up please, appa please, jealba…” his voice cracked, his throat sore, he never cried this hard before, for the whole seven years of his life, he was only tought of bliss, the word of sorrow was never written in his dictionary.

He felt his knee weakened, ‘appa won’t listen to me.. Why?? Aren’t we going to celebrate my birthday today?? Is appa tried to joke with me??Or..Is he just mad with me?? Oh no..  Am I going to lose him?? Appa andwae, andwae..’ he felt his heart breaking and it was so hurt.

His leg could not support his weight any longer, he felt so weak. Kneeling on the muddy ground, his as body shaking from sobs.

Suddenly a pair of warm hand wrap his boy tightly. Trying to engulf him into comfortness. A soft voice whispered in his ears

“ kimcana Kikwang-ah, appa is tired. Let him have some rest. We will meet him later when the time come. Don’t cry. You need to be a strong boy so that he will be proud of you.. arasso?” silenced, then he nodded.

Tae Hee kept the hug for awhile before lifting her son in her carry and strolled weakly to their car. She couldn’t bear it anymore, she knew her son neither. Watching Jin Sook left them forever.. They just couldn’t do it..

'Farewell Lee Jin Sook.. I promised you I will protect our son till my last breath.'

.

.

.

A satisfaction smile was curve on the face of one of a man from the crowd.

‘Everything just get along with the plan. Mianhe chingu, i had to betray you…’ he smirked.  

Maybe the accident was not an accident at all, maybe it was already expected by someone.

Maybe...

 

_______________________________________________________________________

ok, 1st chapter done!!!

hohoho XD happy reading~~~