Familiar Faces

She's My Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun had no idea what's going on but she couldn't breathe due to the shock hearing Moonbyul spoke the same way as her maid, "M- Moojoo?"

The blonde stared blankly at the princess, it seemed she's still under hypnosis but somehow opened her own eyes. Saju helped her to lie back and covered the eyes, "She's your princess?"

"Yes. No, I mean..." The blonde hesitated, "I am her only maid so that makes her my princess. There are other maids assigned to their own princesses. Like Princess Mijin and Princess Hongnam."

The princess' hands were shaking hearing the familiar names. The psychic saw her and she thought it's best to end the session, "I want you to go back to this current life you're living and wake up on the count of three. One, two, three."

Moonbyul opened her eyes and drank the water Saju handed to her. After resting for a moment, she told Yongsun, "I saw you there, performing in the tavern. It felt so real."

The psychic replied instead of the stunned princess, "Then she's a part of your previous life, Miss CEO."

"But that means..."

Yongsun looked at the blonde with sad eyes and exhaled, "You really are Moojoo."

"No, I'm not. I am Moonbyul. How many times do I have to tell you?" Moonbyul didn't want admit it despite what she saw during hypnosis, "I can't be her, it's not possible. We only have similar face, that's all!"

Saju raised her hands and calmed the blonde, "From what I see, Miss CEO here is Moojoo but they're not actually the same person. They shared the same physical appearances but living different lives," The psychic looked at the princess and took a notebook, "I need to understand more before we continue. Forgive my curiousity but can you tell me more about Moojoo, Princess Yongsun?"

"Please, no need for using the title. Just call me by my name," The young woman seemed calmer than before and leaned back on her chair, "Moojoo was my maid and the only friend I had. We were like peas in a pod since we were kids. We're inseperable and... I fell in love with her."

Saju wroted it down and asked again, "Was the feeling mutual?"

Moonbyul watched the psychic and became suspicious, "Why are you writing this down?"

"Because this is my first experience with someone who did time travel and also your case is quite interesting so I'm recording it in my journal. I won't share it with anyone, promise." The psychic looked up from her notebook and said, "Please continue answering my question, Yongsun-ssi."

"I never got a chance to know how she really felt about me, because..." Yongsun told Saju about the mistreatment she got from the royal family for years in details then shed a tear, "Moojoo stabbed me in the back and worked for them because she needed money for her sick mother. If only she told me about it, I would have helped her but she kept it to herself and did the worst thing I could've imagined. She helped them making me suffer by doing nothing when she knew about everything and..." She trailed off, "On our last day together... I told her about how I felt but she confessed her betrayal and the last thing she did to keep me safe was telling me to run and stalling the guards. I don't know how but she got captured and got punished while I... I'm here."

"Oh sweetheart..." Saju felt sorry for the princess. She could see so much pain in Yongsun's big brown eyes and handed a tissue, "I'm really sorry."

"Thank you."

 

"Karma is seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or after reincarnation. Do you ever wonder why you're suffering from constant misfortunes and bad luck? The cause of it all might lies in your previous life, not in this current life you're living. Those who don't understand what's wrong in their lives will keep repeating the same thing again and again. Even in different lifetimes, they always end up in the same situation, it's like a cycle. The hypnosis helps them to reconnect and understand everything about themselves, their past life and the present, then they won't make the same mistake and be able to pay their sins and free themselves from their painful past."

"Are you saying that I'm broke right now because of what Moojoo did?" Moonbyul got up and still didn't want to accept the truth that she's the reincarnation of the maid, "Those were her sins, not mine! I don't even have any memories of it."

"You and Moojoo shared the same soul, which means you're bearing the same sins as hers. You are bound to make the same mistake as her or you already did."

"Moojoo's betrayal," Moonbyul said quietly and seemed talking to herself, "No... It can't be..."

Saju sensed the CEO began questioning her life decisions. The psychic asked, "Do you believe in me now, Miss CEO?"

"Just... Hold on a second. I need to think..."

While the CEO was getting lost in her own thoughts, Yongsun suddenly spoke, "Can you tell me about my past life?"

"I'm sorry sweetheart, I can't see yours because I think this is your first," Saju continued to explain more, "The important and unique thing about the thread of fate is... It can only be broken by those who commit the greatest sin of all. They don't value the life that has given to them."

Moonbyul felt a pain in her heart, "What do you mean?"

"Ending oneself. Suicide."

The blonde haired woman closed her eyes, "No..."

"Miss CEO, I know you lost someone. It was all over the news a few years back."

Moonbyul shouted and her voice scared Yongsun, "I don't want to hear it! Stop."

Saju replied calmly, "It may be confusing right now but if my hypothesis is right then Yongsun and Moojoo were bonded by a thread of fate but it might be broken after she chose to jump off that cliff. And here in the present, you and your late girlfriend were also in similar situation. Do you see the pattern?"

Both women were silent. 

"Moojoo betrayed Yongsun and broke her heart. Did you do the same, Miss CEO?"

"Yongsun is not Sunny," Moonbyul slammed the table and took some money to pay the psychic, "I think we're done here."

"Take your money. I don't need it," Saju said sternly, "Usually once the thread of fate was broken, the souls cannot be together in the next lives but it seems the universe gave both of you a second chance through the solar eclipse. Use it wisely to get to know yourselves from the people who knows you best because the answers to your questions lie within you. I hope you can survive this life test or the cycle will keep repeating in your next life."

The blonde gritted her teeth and said before storming out, "I regret for coming here. I hope we won't see each other again."

"You can't just see it with your eyes! Physical appearance is only an outer shell of your soul," Saju shouted at Moonbyul's back, "Look deeper with your heart and you'll understand everything!" The psychic held Yongsun's hand, "Princess, sometimes it takes a long time for wounds to heal. One reincarnation wasn't enough to make the pain go away because it's too severe. Be there for her, she needs you. You know where to find me if you need anything."

 

Moonbyul was not in the mood to see others and chose to drive home. Yongsun felt like they just took a step forward earlier today but after seeing the psychic, they took three steps back. Now she had no idea how to interact with her boss, who was also Moojoo's reincarnation. The blonde took a shower and left the princess alone in the living room. 

The CEO was drowning herself under the cold shower and punched

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter