Becoming An Idol 101

She's My Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You want to see me?" Seulgi, a singer in that company opened the door and saw the CEO looked gloomy, "What's wrong, Bae?"

"Yes. Seeing you calms me down," Irene went to hug the younger woman, "Hmm you always give the best hugs."

"What happened?"

Irene sighed, "That hamster girl has a new artist in her company. Well, it's not confirmed yet but still..."

"Who...? Ah! Moonbyul Unnie?" The singer with long dark orange hair and cute fringe was at ease, her reaction was the exact opposite from the CEO, "What's the big deal?"

"You know how competitive Moonbyul is and your comeback is around the corner! Remember when the first time she became their CEO?"

"That was a good time. I've never felt my heart racing that fast since then. Hwasa was amazing as a solo singer too! It's a shame she had to retire."

"Was it fun for you?" The black haired woman gasped, "Then what about me?"

"You make my heart racing for different reason, Bae." The singer placed the older woman's on her chest and sang, "Can you feel my heartbeat?"

Seulgi was singing their sunbaes, 2 PM's song so Irene flicked her younger girlfriend's forehead, "You need to stop hanging out with Seungwan. Her greasiness is infectious."

"Ack! It hurts, Bae!" The younger woman was rubbing her forehead and said, "They're struggling financially now. Let's take it easy this time."

"Why should we? They're our competitors."

Seulgi sighed and sat down on the long brown leather couch, "Back then we knew they just turned a new leaf with Moonbyul as their new CEO and yet you planned to sabotage Hwasa's solo debut by moving my comeback date closer to hers. You paid huge amount of money for the MV ads and promoted me on high rating variety shows. Those costed a lot of money."

"What's wrong with that? It's my job to promote my artist properly but as if all of that made a difference in the end..." Irene rolled her eyes, "Moonbyul was crazily ambitious and they did so much better with her marketing strategies. Hwasa won all of those music show trophies and charted #1 on global charts. It was insane because only our loyal fans supported us and the sales weren't so good."

"I thought we're making music because we love it, not for the money. The company's stockholders are bothersome too. They keep making a bunch of requests and restrictions."

"What else did you expect me to do, Seulgi-ah?" Irene held up the younger woman's chin up, "I'd do anything for you and the girls. Those people are the reason we are still here instead of down there on the street jobless."

"I know but... Mamamoo and Red Velvet, all of us used to be friends and Moonbyul Unnie was our colleague back in the academy too. It's just feel wrong competing with them."

"Because Sunny... After what happened to her, everything fell apart. Including our friendship. Our group disbanded right after theirs and I had to beg Mr. Lee to keep you all employed by making this subsidiary company. We all made sacrifices to survive, don't forget that."

"I won't."

"You have a pure heart, Seulgi-ah," The black haired woman said with a sad smile, "Don't lose it."

After a moment of silence, the orange haired singer finally spoke, "Bae."

"Hmm?"

The singer was the only one who knew Irene inside and out and Seulgi got up to comfort the older woman. She said, "I love you."

The CEO caressed Seulgi's side face, "I love you too, my Bear. Now I need to set up a meeting with Taeyeon and BoA Sunbae."

"Why?"

"No reason. All you need to focus on right now is practicing with Joy and Yeri. I'm thinking to change our plan and will have you debut as a trio next with cute concept."

"Eh? Woah, Hold on. Wait what? I'm a girl crush! I can't have a cute concept, Bae!"

 

 

 

The four women went home and Wheein helped the girl with the shopping bags. She's judging Moonbyul's fashion sense while taking the clothes one by one and gasped when she took out a pair of Pokemon Squirtle blue slippers. 

"Moonbyul Unnie!" The indie singer laughed, "Woah, you picked these? How old do you think Yongsun is? 5?"

The CEO shrugged as she's leaning on the wall, "She chose them herself and why did you suddenly call me Unnie again? You said you would only call me CEO-Nim."

"Sorry, old habit," Wheein bit her lower lip and realized the girl became silent next to her, "Ah! Hahahaha omo these slippers are super cute! Maybe I should get the Pikachu one. So we will have matching slippers."

Yongsun liked the idea but Moonbyul intervened by saying, "These slippers are quite pricey, you know. I bet you can't afford them."

Hwasa joined in and held a plushie, "What is this? A rainbow bunny?"

Moonbyul proudly explained her reason buying that, "And also a blanket. She will have a lot of schedule later and probably have to sleep in the car so it's convenient."

"Hmm..." Hwasa nodded and read the receipt. She never saw the CEO being extravagant and shopped many things just for anyone. Suddenly her phone vibrated in her pocket and she answered it, "Yes? Hwasa of Wolseong World Entertainment speaking."

It was a journalist and he asked for confirmation about their company's new singer. The VP gave signal to Moonbyul and told her silently about the situation. The CEO told Hwasa to diclose anything about Yongsun for the time being so the VP replied before hanging up the phone, "No comment."

Moonbyul joined the other 3 on the couch and sat on the edge next to Yongsun, "How the hell they found out about her?"

The VP sighed and checked on her phone, "So when we left you two alone, you're playing lovey dovey while picking the clothes?"

The blonde asked, "What are you talking about?"

"Apparently this video went viral," Hwasa showed them a recorded video of Moonbyul was holding Yongsun's hand and they looked like a couple who went shopping together, then the video also showed them during the mannequin incident, "You're not aware at all that you're famous, Unnie? What were you thinking? What if a scandal breaks out now? She haven't even debut yet!"

Moonbyul defended herself, "She was scared and I couldn't let her wander around on her own and got hurt."

Hwasa was giving the older woman a side eye, "Hmm... Sure..."

"Why are you saying it like that?"

"Like what?"

The princess was looking at the two women back and forth in silent, but Wheein couldn't stand watching the older women kept arguing. She shouted while covering her ears, "So noisy! Stop! Let's just figure out what we should do!" The indie singer watched the video again and read the comments, "Unnies, a lot of people are really curious about Yongsun and I see more positive comments than the negative ones. They said she's cute, pretty and some discussing if she has what it takes to be the next Nation's Princess of K-Pop."

"Really?" The girl was curious so Wheein showed her the comments, "Omo how did they write these? And what is this? A small camputer?"

"Computer!" Moonbyul interrupted, "I told you it's computer not camputer!"

Yongsun shutted and pouted. Wheein fixed the strand of her hair and patted her head, "It's okay. You will learn a lot of things and will master them in no time. This is a smartphone and there's this thing called the internet."

The indie singer continued explaining more to Yongsun while Hwasa took the chance and dragged the older woman to talk in her bedroom. The VP said, "Unnie, I honestly worried about you."

"I'm fine. What's wrong?"

"During her audition, you walked out right after Yongsun belting out the high notes. That girl's voice sounds like you know who, then you began showing affections to other people than yourself again. Maybe it's not a coincidence that you found her, maybe there's something more about her that we don't know. Maybe we should ask Saju-"

"Stop overthinking everything, Hyejin-ah," Moonbyul calmly replied, "Her voice had nothing to do with me walking out of the practice room. I just needed coffee. And all of you are sopranos, just like her."

"That's not what I meant, no one could match her stable and powerful vocal," Hwasa knew the older woman like the back of her hand, the CEO purposely avoided the topic so she took a long deep breath, "And then this girl... Came from the past and I don't know. I just don't want her to replace-"

"No one can replace Sunny Unnie, alright? Sunny was Sunny and Yongsun is Yongsun, they are two completely different people," Moonbyul raised her hand to stop the VP from replying and said, "Now, first thing first. Let's teach the girl the basic knowledge of being an idol and get her ready before we tell Taeyeon Sunbae."

The black haired woman agreed despite her worry. She began to think that there's another reason why such strange event occured during solar eclipse and the girl turned out to be the gold dragon who would change their lives.


Yongsun sat on the couch and the three women were standing in front of her. The CEO started as she's walking back and forth, "Before you ask, let me explain first. Idol is a K-Pop singer. What is K-Pop?" Moonbyul stopped right in front of Yongsun and pointing her index finger at the girl who startled with the sudden question, "Of course you don't know what it means. K-Pop stands for Korean Pop music and these people standing before you are the experts and professional idols. Jung Wheein, an ace and all-rounder singer. She can do Ballad, R&B, Pop, Indie Pop, she can do anything. Ah! She's a good drummer too."

The indie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter