Comfort Zone

She's My Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul went look for the princess on the 1st floor and after scanning the area, she found the band practice room door was slightly opened. When she's about to enter and holding on the door handle, she heard someone was crying inside. 

"I hate her. I hate her so much!" Yongsun was sitting on the floor and hugged her legs, "Why dancing is so hard? Damn these legs can't move right on the beat! I was never good at it but I want to do my best. Why can't she understand that?" She buried her face between her legs, "Why it's never enough for her?"

The CEO leaned on the wall outside and secretly listening Yongsun's cries and sobs for awhile. And then it stopped. 

Moonbyul heard the girl encouraged herself, "I can do this! Come on, this is your only chance. There's no going back now. Hell, I don't even know if I can go back home. Show her that I'm not a snobby little princess! I had suffered long enough and now it's my time to shine," The girl got up and heading to the door but she stopped herself, "Can I go back there? Oh dear lord, why is she attractive but so annoying? Yongsun-ah, wake up!" She slapped her own face, "She's not Moojoo and Moojoo betrayed you. You have to stop liking her. That's right, I just have to avoid looking at her face. Then where should I look? Those muscular biceps... Ah! No, no... What's wrong with me?"

The blonde couldn't stop herself from smiling silently hearing the girl's rambling and when Yongsun reached the door, she quickly climbed up the stairs and stumbled a couple of times then ran back to the dance practice room. A few minutes later, Yongsun returned with red and puffy eyes. 

Moonbyul who was pretending to play a game on her phone looked up, "Oh, look who's here. Back already?"

Without looking at the blonde, Yongsun replied, "Let's get this over with. We have an hour left, right?"

"Yep," Moonbyul took a few steps and stood in front of the girl, "You know what? I'm ending today's class right now but I have an assignment for you," She showed a music video on her phone, "Learn this dance choreography in 3 days and if you succeed, I'll let you decide if you want to focus more on your vocal strength which means you'll spend less time with me or you want to continue and you'll have everything in your hands. Vocal, dance skill and stage presence. You choose."

"Why 3 days? It's too short."

"Fine, I'll give you 5 days."

"Why are you being nice now?"

Moonbyul bewildered because the girl questioning her kindness. She asked flatly, "So which will it be? 3 or 5?"

Yongsun nodded, "Okay then 5."

 

It was a music video of the iconic K-Pop idol, Hyuna called 'Change' and Yongsun's eyes were moving rapidly watching the girl in the video wore y clothes and danced with a lot of hip and chest movements. The princess gulped and had cold sweats, "W- What kind of clothes is she wearing? A- And... Those moves, uh... I- I can't do it."

Moonbyul paused the video, "If you want to be an idol, you have to step out of your comfort zone. You need to feel confident about yourself and your body."

The girl looked down nervous and avoided eye contact, "But um..."

Yongsun looked adorable with her shy demeanor and it made the older woman leaned down closer purposely and asked with a playful smile, "So do you want to spend more time with me in this dance class?"

"N- No. I mean..." The princess looked away and cleared . She didn't want to look at that handsome pretty face but she had to stop the older woman from getting closer. With closed eyes she replied, "Show me how it's done."

"What?" Moonbyul flustered, "No. I don't do that kind of dance. That choreography doesn't suit style."

"Why? Because doing that kind of dance makes you uncomfortable?" The princess stood right in front of the blonde, "Then maybe you're the one who should get out of your comfort zone instead."

Yongsun threw her off guard once again. Moonbyul began to think the young woman might not be as innocent and timid as she thought. There's this little spark inside of the girl and the blonde wondered what would happen if she gave her a push and ignited the flame, the girl might show her true colors. 

Moonbyul had curiosity in her eyes but she had to be careful and not overstepping her boundaries after what happened at the mall and Yongsun still had romantic attraction to the person who had the same face as hers.

Getting close with the girl personally wouldn't do anything good for her company especially if Yongsun kept seeing her as Moojoo's replacement so she reminded herself that their relationship had to be strictly professional and her priority right now was to debut Yongsun successfully without any obstacle or trouble.

The CEO turned around facing the mirror, "I'm not in the mood to argue with you so let me being clear about one thing. I am your boss and there's a line you can't cross. Don't talk about me like you know me."

"So you can tease me as much as you like but I can't do the same to you?"

"Even though you're from ancient times and a princess but I'm way older than you. You have so little knowledge about life and it shows."

If the blonde wanted to be rude and offended her, then so be it. The girl asked, "CEO-Nim. How old are you actually?"

Moonbyul replied, "I'm 29."

Yongsun scoffed, "Oh... Then yes, you are very old. A fossil if I must say."

The blonde faced the girl, "Ya!"

"What? You started it!" The princess raised her voice, "And CEO-Nim, there's no need to rub the salt on the wound. Yes, I'm well aware I'm still clueless about a lot of things because I was locked away from the outside world for 7 years, barely had contact with other people and magically transported to the future. I would understand completely if you being clear about the line that I couldn't cross from the beginning. You were all acting so nice to me but seconds later turned cold. It's always like that so your actions confuse me."

Moonbyul closed her eyes, "Okay, then I'll stop being nice to you. From now on, I will only treat you as a trainee and you will treat me as your boss. For the assignment, you need to learn the choreography on your own and I will evaluate you in 5 days. Class dismissed."

The blonde left the girl alone in the practice room. Yongsun was trying to remember the dance moves from the video but she had trouble already. Without the girl knowing, the CEO was watching from outside. Moonbyul wondered if she's being too harsh and mean but it's the only thing she could think of to motivate Yongsun and also distance herself from the princess' personal matters.

 

Since she set foot in the apartment, Yongsun had been sleeping in Moonbyul's bedroom and the CEO took the couch in the living room. They had less interaction at home and felt awkward to each other during dinner time. While laying down on the couch to rest later that night, her thought was filled by how much debts she had to pay because it kept pilling up after she bought the girl's daily essentials and new clothes with credit card. 

The blonde let out a long sigh, thinking about the princess and what Hwasa said before made her gloomy self reminiscing the past and one person came to her mind. The only person she ever loved other than herself and also the reason she stopped believing in love.

"Sunny Unnie..." The blonde stared outside the window with her left arm behind her head, "Why does that girl remind me of you? She looks nothing like you but her voice... And the way she talked back to me. It's weird but sometimes I have these familiar feelings when I'm around her... Who is she really?" As if the sky knew her current emotion, the rain started pouring heavily outside. The blonde watching the rain until she drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 

[4 years ago...]

The thunders were really loud and the orange haired rapper was hammered on her bed after all the drinking she had the other night. She opened her heavy eyes with a headache and realized it wasn't thunder but the sounds of someone was knocking on her door.

"Just a minute," After gathering her strength, Moonbyul got up from the bed and dragging her feet to the door, "Who is it?"

"We're from the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency. Can you open the door?"

Didn't know what the police want from her, the rapper unlocked the door and saw two rough and muscular men in leather jackets, "Can I help you?"

The detective with a beard was holding a paper and asked, "Are you Miss Moon Byulyi?"

"Yes. That's me."

"Can you come with us to the station?"

Moonbyul was uncomfortable and confused because she was in hangover state, "W- What is it about?"

"You're the last person who talked to Miss Sunny last night," The other detective explained, "You were caught on CCTV and you seemed to have an intense argument with her."

The rapper held her head because of the massive pain and her memories were fuzzy, "It- It was a personal matter. I went home right after and I haven't talk to her again. What's going on?"

"She was found dead in her apartment's swimming pool this morning and we're here to take you for interrogation."

 

 

 

Moonbyul shot up on the couch in the morning with sweats and out of breath. She brushed her hair and covered her face with trembling hands. She had to gather her senses so she went to the bathroom and the faucet. She kept repeating the words, ". Calm down and take a deep breath," Moonbyul was clenching her fists on the sink and trying to control her breathing, "Remember what Doctor Han said. It wasn't my fault. But... If it weren't for me... She would've still alive."

Someone knocked on the bathroom. It was Wheein, "Byul Unnie? Are you inside? I need to pee."

"Y- Yes! I'll be right out," The blonde washed her face and opened the door. She covered her eyes with her hair and kept looking down as she got out, "All yours, Wheein-ah."

"Thank you," The indie singer noticed something was wrong, "Are you alright?"

"Just couldn't handle spicy food from last night, that's all."

Wheein nodded and r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter