Thread of Fate

She's My Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul quickly stopped the girl from kissing her by covering the mouth with her hand and pushed herself away. But at that moment, the drunk princess was losing consciousness again and fell backward. The CEO tried to catch the girl but she couldn't hold the weight because the slippery floor. In the end, both of them fell with Moonbyul's arm protecting behind Yongsun's head.

The blonde sighed, "Ahhh why they have to be drinking right now? IC... Taeyeon and BoA sunbaes are here instead of with Irene. It's a big deal and what if I screw this up?" She gently slapping the princess' cheek, "Yongsun-ah? Hey, wake up."

The ruckus attracted the others' attention outside and Taeyeon opened the bathroom, "What's with the loud noises?" She saw her junior was on top of the trainee and gasped, "Omo! Are you taking advantage of her, Byul-ah?"

"S- Sunbae!" The blonde stuttered, "It's not what it looks like! I swear!"

Yongsun was puckering her lips in her sleep and made smooching sounds, like she's kissing someone. The senior idol got flustered and left the bathroom fanning herself, "Y- You! Ya, Moon Byulyi! I'd never thought you're this kind of person!"

"This crazy girl," Moonbyul mumbled and got up to chase her senior, "She was heavily drunk and I slipped. I'm serious, Sunbae. We're not in that kind of relationship."

The older woman crossed her arms under her chest and they both watched the girl was curling on the bathroom floor, "Okay, I believe you. Take her to bed and let her rest. We will arrange another meeting with her later so after you clean up, we'll discuss a few things first."

The blonde bowed 90 degrees, "Thank you so much, Sunbae! You won't regret it!" Then she carried the girl in her arms and took her to her bed in a hurry. After tucking the princess, Moonbyul stared at the beautiful, innocent pink face for awhile and shook her head, "She's something else really."

 

The CEO apologized again to her seniors and they talked in the kitchen with Hwasa who joined after drinking hangover medicine. She also made tea for the guests and they were all sitting at the dining table.

BoA asked, "How is she?"

"Still drunk and asleep. I'm really sorry," The blonde bowed her head, "I should've arranged this meeting properly."

"Oh, calm down. We're understand your situation," Taeyeon still flustered with what she saw earlier so she's been staring at her teacup for awhile, "Anyway, I'm curious about her voice."

"Don't worry, it's top notch," The VP replied with an okay sign, "By the way, should we worried that you will ditch us hallway through or..."

Moonbyul interrupted, "Hyejin-ah!"

The senior idols knew what Hwasa meant and BoA answered, "Irene did approach us asking for help because she wants to debut a three members group but we already offered to help you guys first. So here we are."

"It it true that loyalty is the best policy," The SNSD's leader sipped her tea, "But I never break my promises. I promised Byul that I would collab with her but sadly we didn't have a chance yet. Now I'm going to make up for it."

Moonbyul had been watching her sunbae with respect. In her eyes, Taeyeon was a goddess and role model since she was young so she always thought highly of her. They were discussing the concept first and after convinced by Moonbyul's decision of choosing girl next door concept, they were all agreed. Taeyeon asked to see Yongsun's audition tape so the CEO played the video and they watched it together.

Taeyeon and BoA were watching intently and then the older woman was touched by the girl's voice, "Wow. Um, I've never heard that song before but it made me teared up. It was shaky in the beginning but her confidence built up towards the end and there's this familiarity in her voice that I can't put into words. If we train her and guide her right, she could be one of the best vocalists in K-Pop. She's originally a gugak singer?"

"She is," Moonbyul replied, "We know she can't debut with that genre so we let her train and try out different things and so far we think pop, ballad and jazz suit her best."

Taeyeon read the concept ideas and said, "Not everyone is into ballads, especially if it's a new artist. Hmm... I wonder what else she can do... We can try pop or retro with funky beats and fun choreo. What about the songs? Do you have some in your draft?"

"In fact, I do have a few demos you can listen to," Moonbyul played a couple of songs on her laptop, "We used Wheein's voice."

The CEO had 3 songs she wrote and composed, they're about stages of relationship. The first one was a mid-tempo pop about having a crush, the second one was retro bubblegum pop song about being in love and the last one was slow tempo R&B angst song about breaking up. Taeyeon personally liked all of them but she said it's not a good idea to combine angst song with girl next door concept.

Hwasa felt more like herself after eating the cup noodle and shared her thoughts. She suggested to use the momentum and announce Yongsun as their new artist officially because she went viral with the mall video and people still had high interest in her. They searched and talked about her and there's even already a conspiracy theory that she's originally from the North because they couldn't find anything about her online.

"What?" Taeyeon and BoA laughed while Moonbyul just stayed silent with nervous look on her face because during Goryeo era, the Korean peninsula was still undivided and Manwoldae, the palace where Yongsun used to live was indeed located in the North.

Then the CEO's role model replied, "That's absurd but I agree we should use this moment to introduce her to the public. If she's gaining popularity from now, we can use it as an advantage later," She suddenly slammed the table, "Oh, wait! What about her stage name?"

"We need a catchy and unique one," BoA wrote down names and mumbled to herself, "Her real name is Kim Yongsun... Hmm... Yong... Dragon, no. Sun? Taeyang? Sunn-" She stopped herself from mentioning a deceased person's stage name before everyone noticed but it was too late.

All of them looked down and didn't say a word. To break the silence, Moonbyul cleared and said, "Don't worry, I already have a stage name for her."

 

 

 

 

The next day, Moonbyul and Hwasa dressed the girl in a button up pink blouse, a pair of jeans and chuck taylor sneakers. Yongsun looked like a young university student with refreshing and bubbly charms. The CEO took her pictures in the practice room with a white backdrop and directed the girl to try different poses, Yongsun followed her boss' instructions wonderfully and because they agreed to distance themselves from each other's personal matters, both of them only spoke when needed and it seemed the girl didn't remember anything from yesterday so they parted ways quickly after finishing the photoshoot session.

Meanwhile the VP prepared the article about Wolseong World Entertainment's new artist announcement and included information about the new girl's debut plan in the middle of the year. Hwasa sent the article with Yongsun's best pictures to the journalists they trusted. A few minutes after the article was posted, the girl's stage name along with the company's name became trending topics on internet.

Moonbyul had been staring at her computer screen and reading all the comments from many different sites for hours. She's smiling and talked to herself, "Nice. A lot of good reactions so far... Oh, wait what is this?" She scrolled down and read a comment, She looks so fake. This girl must had some work done on her face. "Woah, this er!" She used her personal account, MB1222, and replied to the comment, Have you look at yourself in the mirror, ? She's a natural beauty, I can guarantee it! 

Another malicious comment said, I bet she's sleeping with the boss to be famous. Did you see her holding Moonbyul's hand at the mall? This girl is shameless!  More said, What kind of name is Solar? Is she a solar system or something?

"What the..." The blonde got worked up and kept replying to the comments defending Yongsun, I love the name. Solar. It's like her persona and she must be like the sun, a bright and cheerful person who always brings happiness for other people. 

Out of nowhere, Hwasa leaned from her left and looked at the comments, "What are you doing?"

The CEO jumped from her chair and covering the screen, "Goddammit, Hyejin-ah! How many times I told you to knock before coming in?"

"I did knock but no answer so I welcomed myself in," The VP sat on the other chair, "Are you replying to the comments?"

"No!" Moonbyul faked a cough and fixed her tie, "W- Why would I do that?"

Hwasa calmly took her phone and checked on the comments under one article, "Account MB1222 said 'Solar is sooooo pretty, I'm wishing her a successful debut! Fighting!' Are you sure this isn't you, Unnie?"

Leaning back on her chair, Moonbyul sighed, "Fine. Yes, that's me. There are petty and jealous s left nasty comments so I had to balance it out with the good ones."

The VP just shook her head and told the older woman her reason coming in, "By the way, I already made a profile bio for her and we will upload it on our website. Here check it out."

Moonbyul took the printed paper and read it. It's the biography of the girl including her birthday, February 21st, 2000. Her hobby were eating and exercising, favorite color yellow, favorite foods were tteokbokki and greek yogurt. The blonde asked, "Does she even know what kind of food is greek yogurt?"

"Who cares? We can tell her later so she won't answer it wrong during interviews."

"Okay, good work. Thank you, Hyejin-ah."

"Then I'll leave you alone to continue worshipping the girl on the internet," Hwasa teased as she's leaving the office.

"Ya! That's not what I'm doing, Hyejin-ah!"

"Whatever you say!" The VP was about to close the door but she paused, "Unnie, don't forget we should take her to Saju."

"Alright," Moonbyul replied while typing on the keyboard, "Not now though, I'm busy. Maybe later."

"Yeah, I can see that."

 

It's Sunday but the artists were hanging out at the company and Wheein was talking to Dongmyeong in the hallway. The VP went to the 2nd floor looking for the girl but Hwasa quickly fixed her hair and greeted them, "Hey guys."

The pianist bowed, "VP-Nim."

"I'm looking for Yongsun. Have you seen her?"

"No," Wheein looked around, "Oh, wait! I might know where she is," The shorter woman held Hwasa's hand and walked together, "Come on. I think she's practicing the Change choreo."

The VP couldn't hide her blush because the woman she loved for years was holding her hand, "O- Okay."

The two found Yongsun was still in the dance practice room. The princess was so focus, she didn't hear the two coming in. Wheein already taught the girl how to use the old tv in there and how to plug her usb filled with many music videos over the years. Yongsun was curious about other music videos but she didn't want to mess it up so she only playing Hyuna's Change for hours.

Hwasa heard Yongsun mumbled as she moved her hands following the choreo, "What kind of name is Solar? Is Yongsun an ugly name or something? What's wrong with it?"

"Nothing's wrong with your name," Hwasa replied as she's walking in, "It's normal for idols to have stage names. They can use their own name or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter