The New Girl in Town

She's My Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul gave Yongsun some time to think and decide whether she would sign the contract or not but the CEO confident that the girl would say yes so she began the preparation at her company. She was in a good mood and even though her company located in the basement and only had 3 floors, she didn't feel stuffy or annoyed by the dust in the air like she usually did.

The 5 members band, ONEWE were in the practice room on the 1st floor and greeted their boss when Moonbyul walked pass it. The pianist and vocalist with red hair, Dongmyeong bowed 90 degrees, "Good morning, CEO-Nim!"

Moonbyul waved and smiled with a coffee cup in her other hand, "Morning! How are you, boys?"

Yonghoon, the leader and also vocalist with blue hair replied, "We're practicing for the university festival this weekend."

"Good," The blonde haired woman took off her sunglasses and announced, "A new singer will be joining us soon. So I hope all of you will behave and make her feel comfortable around here."

"Yes!" Yonghoon saluted the boss and bowed, "Don't worry, CEO-Nim!"

"Cool. See you later, boys."

After the CEO disappeared from their sight, the band members were wondering who would be the Wolseong World Entertainment's next artist and the reason their boss became so cheerful in the morning. 

 

Moonbyul was humming and dancing as she got inside her office and gasped when she saw Hwasa already inside, "Omo! You scared me!"

"Someone is in a good mood today," The VP walked to the other woman and the sound of her high heels against the floor filled the room, "Unnie, are you sure this is the best decision? Hwasa looked worried, "We don't even know she can sing. What if she's lying?"

"I'm sure. There's nothing else I can do but believe in her right now," The blonde sipped her coffee, "You wasn't there at the museum. Her expression was genuine and I can tell she's not a liar."

"That's so unlike you," The VP laughed, "You don't trust people easily. You don't even let anyone touch your hair, only Wonmo Oppa and Jungmo Oppa can. No way... Perhaps, do you like her?"

"Hell no. She's just a kid. I've just decided to have different approach. Clearly doing what we did before had no effect to our company so maybe believing in Saju isn't so bad after all," Moonbyul sat down on her chair, "Speaking of which, I should take Yongsun to their salon. She needs a make over and new hairstyle. Her messy long hair is not attractive at all. I also need to touch-up my hair."

Hwasa teased as she laughed, "Aaaww you two will have a date at the salon?"

Moonbyul threw a pen at her right-hand woman, "Ya! I told you I don't like her! If she wants to be an idol, at least she has to look like one!"

The VP easily caught the pen with her left hand, "Can I tag along?"

"Hmm no," The CEO was being stern, "The company's credit card will be used for business purpose only!"

"But you said you want to get a root touch-up."

"I'm the CEO and I can do whatever I want," The blonde sticked out her tongue, "Besides, the girl will be our company's asset so I'm investing in her."

"Ugh... Fine," Hwasa rolled her eyes, "By the way, did you see Wheein on your way here?"

"Nope. She's probably still at home," Moonbyul smirked, "She seems to like the girl so much, she keeps wagging her tail everytime Yongsun is around."

"Ya! She's not a puppy!" The VP glared at the older woman and refused to believe it, "And she just excited to have a new younger friend."

"Are you sure? You're not jealous?" The blonde teased, "She's really drooling over the girl. Maybe you should put her on a leash or something."

"If Wheein is my little puppy, then... Yongsun is your little bunny?"

"Shut up! That's not-"

The younger woman laughed seeing her boss got flustered, "I hope you know what you're doing."

Moonbyul suggested, "If you still don't believe then ask Wheein to bring Yongsun here and let her sing for us."

 

 

 

Hours later, Wheein came to the company with Yongsun and they were both wearing similar outfits. The indie singer dressed the girl in baggy jeans and oversized cream hoodie. While Wheein wore the same pants and hoodie but green.

Moonbyul wasn't pleased, "What the hell."

The indie singer grinned and spreading her arms, "We're Decal..."

And Yongsun innocently replied next to Wheein, "Comanie."

The CEO snorted a laugh and shook her head, "Wheein-ah, don't teach her weird stuff! And what's with this ugly outfit?"

"What? It's not weird, it's our old song! Don't we look alike wearing the same clothes?" The shorter woman with dimple on right cheek was sulking, "And how dare you call this ugly, CEO-Nim? I just lend her some of my clothes because she kept wearing yours. We all need to go shopping for her! Come on, please?"

"Alright, maybe later," Moonbyul led the new singer to the 2nd floor, "Let's just go to the practice room."

Yongsun amazed seeing the music show trophies on the shelves in the hallway, "Wow... Are those real gold?"

"No. All fake," The CEO only glanced at them and opened the door, "Get in."

"Then why are you keeping them like they're the most precious items?" The girl looked up and there were many old pictures of Moonbyul, Hwasa, Wheein with another girl. Yongsun took one picture frame in her hand and she read the word on it, "Mamamoo. What is it? A new kind of radish?"

Moonbyul closed her eyes and replied, "No. You should really put it back."

"Why?" The princess pointed at a blonde haired woman next to orange haired Moonbyul in the picture, "Who is this?"

The blonde suddenly turned cold and snatched the frame from Yongsun's hand. She put it back on the shelf and said, "We're not close enough for you to know about her."

Yongsun wanted to ask more questions but seeing the cold reaction from Moonbyul, she knew it's not a good idea. She watched the CEO's back disappeared into the practice room and she followed. Hwasa, Wheein and Yonghoon were already there sitting at the long table. Moonbyul joined them in the middle and she coldly told the girl to stand in the center of the room.

"Let's start."

ONEWE's leader leaned on the table to ask his boss, "Is she the new artist?"

Moonbyul just nodded. She looked at the girl and said, "We'll do this the right way. Before you sign the contract, I want to hear you sing first. So go ahead sing anything."

 

The princess gulped. It's been ages since the last time she sang in front of people. She became nervous and rubbed her sweaty palms on the baggy jeans. She remembered one old song she loved and prepared it in her head. She started by humming the tune then after she made sure she's in the right pitch, she began to sing. They couldn't recognize the song but they knew it was a Korean traditional song. The girl's voice was shaky at first and the others couldn't hear her clearly but once she sang it louder, the four people at the table knew the girl had the talent but Yongsun was still timid and lack of confident. 

The princess kept singing without making eye contact at the people in front of her because she was too tense and afraid she would ruin it. When she's halfway throughout the song, Moonbyul sneezed and Yongsun instinctively turned her head at the blonde's direction. They made eye contact and Yongsun lost focus and trailing off. She ended up coughing so Wheein rushed with a water bottle in her hand and told the girl to drink as she patted Yongsun's back.

Hwasa tensed up watching her crush took care the new girl but she had to be professional at workplace. The CEO told Yongsun to start over and she did it again this time with more confident. Yonghoon gasped when Yongsun belting out high notes easily. Her voice matched with her beauty and it's also stable and powerful. Hwasa even sat up straight on her chair listening to the girl's singing, Wheein dropped her pen and Moonbyul froze. The VP and the indie singer had the same look on their faces as if they had seen a ghost. At the same time, they both turned their heads to see the blonde woman who's now became pale.

Moonbyul pushed back her chair and left the room without saying anything. Yongsun stopped singing and asked, "Did I do something wrong?"

'Wheein comforted the girl, "No. You did great, it's just that your voice..."

"What's wrong with my voice? She won't reject me, right? She already promised she would help me."

The black haired woman leaned on the table, "No, No. It's not that." 

The only man in the room finally understood what they were talking about and blurted, "Oh... Sunny Noona's voice..."

Yongsun asked the three people, "Who is Sunny?"

The VP told Yonghoon to leave and Hwasa exchanged uneasy looks with Wheein before saying, "Sunny Unnie was a dear friend of ours and she's no longer with us. Your voice, when you sang the high notes, it reminded us of her."

The princess asked, "Where is she now?"

Wheein pointed her finger at the ceiling, "She's up there."

The girl looked up, "On the roof?"

Hwasa sneered because she thought the girl was so dense, "Geez... She's dead, alright?"

"Unnie!" The indie singer got protective of Yongsun, "She doesn't know! Don't be too hard on her."

"Why do you like her so much, Wheein-ah?"

The indie singer replied back, "What?"

 

At that moment, Moonb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter