The Price to Pay

She's My Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The young woman lunged at the CEO angrily and even slapped her. Hwasa and Wheein stunned watching the fight and the VP tried to separate the two but Yongsun attacked the blonde again, "Did they capture us? Where are we, Moojoo-ah? And what's with your hair color? You look ridiculous!"

"Is she crazy? Wow, she must've hit her head pretty hard," Moonbyul got worked up, "Ya! Who do you think you are? I'm Moonbyul! The ing CEO of Wolseong World Entertainment!"

"I have no idea what it means!"

Wheein wrapped her arms around her angry boss' waist from behind and asked, "You really don't know her, CEO-nim? She seems very upset with you."

Moonbyul was exhausted and frustrated. She had no time for nonsense drama so she shouted, "I don't know a crazy and rude like her!"

The two women were fighting like kids and pulling each other's hair. They even made such a mess on the bed and Hwasa finally had enough, "STOP IT! BOTH OF YOU! Jesus Christ, look at yourselves!"

The CEO was panting and blowing the strand of hair from her face then stormed out of the room. The girl was about to follow but her head was spinning so she just sat down on the bed with closed eyes. 

Hwasa said with her arms crossed, "Eat the porridge before it gets cold. We'll talk more later."

Yongsun just nodded and watched the women left the room and closed the door. She rested on the bed but then her stomach was growling. The princess let out a sigh and decided to eat. She never tasted egg rice porridge before. The maids usually served her chicken with ginseng porridge when she was still living in the palace. This yellowish porridge visually looked unpleasant but it's still better than the meals she had in the dungeon. She's not a big fan of the texture but since she was hungry, she finished it in no time.

After had some food in her stomach, the princess felt better. She got curious by the noises outside so she ran up to the window and gasped seeing the ground was so far below, "Omo! Omo! What is this!" The girl leaned on the wall next to the window, "I never thought Namgyeong* would be so different after 7 years. What are those things?" (*Seoul's name during Goryeo era). The princess peeked outside again, she's still scared but in also awe at the same time. There were tall, modern looking buildings and on the road below there were metal made vehicles moving fast.

 

 

 

Moonbyul opened the fridge and drank cold water with anger, "Argh... Who the hell she think she is?"

Hwasa shrugged, "She said her father is King Kim Ryuseol or whoever that is."

"Maybe she meant it like a drug king or something?" Wheein was thinking and gasped, "What if her father is a drug lord and his enemies kidnapped his daughter and tried to kill her out of revenge? What if they knew the daughter is still alive and chase her here? What if they were watching when you took her."

"Okay, stop. Your imagination is going too far," Moonbyul finished drinking the water and threw the bottle to trash, "She seems like a normal person though."

Hwasa suggested, "Unnie, can we just call the cops? Or drop her off at the hospital is easier."

"Omo!" The indie singer gasped, "What if the cops think we kidnapped her?"

The VP pointed her long nail at the blonde woman, "Not us. But her."

"Ya! Are you crazy?" The CEO scoffed, "You're the one who believed in Saju and all of her nonsense! Why are you blaming it all to me now?"

"I told you I'm not sure if she's the one Saju mentioned but there's a possibility that she is and you're the one who brought her here in the first place!"

Wheein was in a tight position, but she's siding with the VP, "CEO-nim, Hwasa-nim is right. You're the one who brought her so she's your responsibility."

"How could you say that?" The blonde raised her voice, "Then I should've just left her there? She's a human being and still alive! I just couldn't seem to... Argh! Never mind. I must've lost my mind and wasn't thinking straight. Gosh, what should I do now?"

"Like Wheein said, she's your responsibility. I really can't take more people in this apartment! There's no more space and I'm the only one who can cook!" Hwasa slumped on the chair, "She seems to know you. Maybe she auditioned to our agency before and got rejected?"

"No..." The CEO shook her head, "I'd recognized that face if she did."

Wheein nodded, "Yes, her face is pretty and quite symmetrical. You wouldn't forget her that easy. Hmm I wonder if she's single..."

Hwasa sat up straight and got nervous, "W- What are you going to do if she is?"

"I don't know. Maybe ask her out? Hehehe she's kinda cute with those chubby cheeks," The indie singer giggled with her dimple showed and continued, "Oh! She looks like an idol, don't you think? She has this girl next door vibe. What if she's actually a singer?"

After she heard Wheein, Moonbyul saw the situation in different light. She took the red hanbok in her hands and said with gleaming eyes, "If she turns out to be a singer and my moneymaker then I'll do anything to keep her with me."

The indie singer was clueless why her boss had a change of attitude, but not Hwasa. She knew the CEO was that desperate to save their company and the VP also curious about the identity of the young woman who suddenly became her love rival.

 

 

 

"You're pretty strong for a young girl. You almost ripped my hair off my head earlier," The blonde closed the door behind her, "Let's start over, but I wanna ask something first. Did I do something wrong to you?"

Yongsun sat up on the bed, "I'm really sorry about your hair. I was still in shocked and angry, I thought you're someone I know, her name is Moojoo."

"I have no idea who that is," Moonbyul sighed and replied, "My real name is Moon Byulyi. You can just call me Moonbyul," The CEO put her hands on her hips, "What's your name again?"

"Kim Yongsun."

"Okay, Yongsun. How old are you and can you tell me exactly who you are? Do you have any family or anyone?"

The young woman seemed to ignore the question and replied with another question, "Where am I? That woman said Jangan-Dong. Is it still in Namgyeong? And what are those fast moving things there?" Yongsun walked to the window and pointing her finger below.

Moonbyul followed and looked down, "Um... You mean cars?" She found the question was weird, as if the girl never seen cars before. Moonbyul knew Namgyeong was Seoul's previous name during Goryeo era so she asked, "Why do you think we're in Nampgyeong?"

"I was scared you're foreigners from across the sea but you and the other women speak the same language as me."

"Okay. So are you an actress or singer perhaps?"

"I do want to be a singer. I used to perform at the tavern with my gayageum," Yongsun closed her eyes and imagined there's a gayageum in her hands, "It would be great to feel the strings against my fingers again, it's been too long..."

"Ah... So you're a gugak singer?" The blonde's expertise was in R&B, Hip-Hop and K-pop. She never involved or knew much about the Korean traditional music but she began to think the young woman could be the next singer to debut under her company. She said, "You haven't answer my other question."

Yongsun built up her walls and backed away, "Moojoo betrayed me and she broke my heart. Why would I trust someone who has the same face as hers and tell everything to you?"

"Because I saved you! Godammit!" Moonbyul saw the girl startled so she apologized, "Sorry, didn't mean to yell. Look. You said she betrayed you but I saved you. I even changed your wet clothes so you wouldn't catch a cold. Isn't it enough to proof that I'm different from her?"

Yongsun noticed the other woman was holding her red hanbok. She gasped and crossed her arms in front of her chest, hugging herself, "You did what? You saw me ?"

"Ye- No! No, no, no, I didn't. Trust me." The blonde quickly shook her head, "The important thing is I helped you. Alright?"

"Why did you?"

Moonbyul took a deep breath and said, "To be honest, I don't know. It just happened. I was at my lowest low and maybe I just... Couldn't let you die and I hoped by saving someone would make me feel better. So I did what I did."

"Do you feel better after saving me?"

"I would if you tell me who you are and why did you end up in the river so I won't regret helping you."

"Will you believe me if I tell you the truth?"

"Yes." The CEO closed her eyes. She had no idea who this young woman was and only agreeing with Yongsun for her own benefit.

The princess sat down on the bed and told her story, "I'm 22 years old and I am a princess. I'm King Kim Ryuseol's 3rd daughter. You may heard the rumors about me and mother. She was a performer and my father fell in love with her and brought her to the palace as his concubine but the queens hated her and poisoned her. My older half-sisters always tried to hurt me and after my father died, the mistreatment became so much worst. They even told lies about me a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter